Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 05:53 AM
Registered

Last edited by olive; 06-19-2016 at 05:57 AM..
Old 06-19-2016, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Now ISIS has taken away American Citizen's rights
to own firearms.

Isn't that strange that's the way it's headed?
For someone not afraid you surely are acting afraid
Terrorists can never scare me. I don't give into fear and I definitely AM NOT AFRAID.
I have not seen anyone even remotely talk about taking guns away from anyone.
You cant board a plane with a bottle of mouthwash. But you can be a known terrorist on watch lists and go buy military assault weapons.

You cant make this stuff up. If someone is mentally ill, should they be allowed to buy guns? Or is it denying mentally ill people their constitutional rights?

No one is more conservative than me. I am a police officer with multiple guns. But there is common sense. A bottle of mouthwash is not going to kill anyone on a plane. But if government is tasked with protecting it's citizens against enemies foreign and domestic then common sense should be considered.
Our country has a wonderful thing in the 2nd amendment. It allows citizens to protect their life and property and carry guns. You also can hunt. The creator of the AR-15 created it for war and military. Its not for hunting or needed to defend your house. Its design is to kill as many people on the battlefield as quickly as possible.
Now ask yourself. Do you want terrorists to legally purchase these guns? Do you want mentally ill people to buy these guns. There is a 3 day waiting period for firearm purchases. But there is gun show loop holes and online loop holes. The mentally deranged Colorado movie theater shooter bought his assault rifle through this loop hole.
I think its reasonable to close these loop holes without violating anyone's constitutional rights.
Why stop at assault rifles. Why not let citizens to carry other weapons of war? A grenade launcher can kill equal numbers of people.
Your average patrol police officer does not have access to nor carries an assault rifle. However, he or she responds to shootings with assault rifles. There is no match. Engaging someone with a hand gun against a rifle is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Look at the amount of police officers killed and mowed down by assault rifles over the past several years.
There is seriously something wrong with a government that forbids its law abiding citizens to carry shampoo or mouthwash on a plane but allows terrorists to buy weapons of war legally.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-19-2016 at 07:26 AM..
Old 06-19-2016, 07:12 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
You can believe what Obama tells you...You can believe in Hillary's promises...You can continue to keep your head in the sand when it comes the potential looming threat of radical Islam coming to America...But know this...If you ignore the threat of radical Islam / Isis one day you may find yourself a minority living in a Muslim country...

Have you considered an underground bunker/bomb shelter for when they take over on Obama's last day ?

Last edited by olive; 06-19-2016 at 07:30 AM..
Old 06-19-2016, 08:06 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
You can believe what Obama tells you...You can believe in Hillary's promises...You can continue to keep your head in the sand when it comes the potential looming threat of radical Islam coming to America...But know this...If you ignore the threat of radical Islam / Isis one day you may find yourself a minority living in a Muslim country...

OBAMA ORDERS GUILLOTINES TO BE USED FOR EXECUTIONS
http://thenewsclub.info/obama-orders...for-executions
Old 06-19-2016, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

1. For someone not afraid you surely are acting afraid

2. Terrorists can never scare me.

3. I definitely AM NOT AFRAID.

4. I have not seen anyone even remotely talk about taking guns away from anyone.
1. I am not afraid. Only because I know Who is in control.

2. I'm kind of doubting that one.

3. No, iamnotafraid.

4. The problem with gun control is so easy to explain.

Truth is truth no matter what side of the argument you fall on.
And this is truth. If we give in to common sense it won't end there.
Gun control and taxes are much the same. If you give, they'll
take more and more - and more.
Ever heard of a temporary tax?

I don't own those type of weapons you are talking about.
And I don't hunt, unless you're talking varmints. But I do
have guns for that and the protection of my family and self.

I could go on. But we are to avoid foolish and ignorant disputes.
Knowing that they generate strife.
Old 06-19-2016, 04:11 PM

Old 06-19-2016, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the way Canada has handled the AR-15 is good, it's not impossible to get but there are regulations concerning it. It was used as a hunting rifle apparently in the past but was considered a fairly poor choice but still functional as one. If the same basic weapon was made to look plainer and with wood accents I bet it would be less scary, but the fact that it was advertised with some slogan about 'renewing your man card' sort of shows that it looking so 'serious firepower' means as much as the actual quality of it. Oh well. The fanatics are the most motivated and there are extreme people on both sides while most find themselves in the middle and shouted down.

I try to be a (lower c) Christian but I feel all the praying and angel stuff really doesn't fit with this thing that's happened in Orlando. If it means something to the people directly effected that's different but it mostly makes me think about these guardian angels not being there for some. Maybe Oprah or whoever would say those people must have chosen to be sacrifices or something in some weird predestination belief system and drawing positive or negative things to yourself, and I've heard that said even about Jewish holocaust victims... not for me. I do know there is a lot we don't know but invisible angels saving some and not others is just strange to me. Prayers after a tragedy need some more explanation, but it seems to be an almost universal reaction from many to simply say 'pray' , maybe it makes them feel less helpless or expresses sadness to them?

Last edited by becca; 06-19-2016 at 04:29 PM..
Closed Thread