The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Why did Stevie re record Twister?

Was she unhappy with Lindsey's production of the song? Was it a little dig? Like saying I can do this better with another producer? I personally think the Lindsey produced version is better.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I personally think the Lindsey produced version is better.
Agreed, the song works much better as a duet with the interplay between them. The solo version does not compare at all. It might as well be a carnival tune.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:33 AM
Registered

maybe she just simply wanted to have a version of the song that sounded the way she imagined it when she wrote it
Old 03-23-2016, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
maybe she just simply wanted to have a version of the song that sounded the way she imagined it when she wrote it
I agree.

However I also like the 24K Gold version.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
From what she said during the 24K interviews, that is exactly why. The song as she wrote it was much toned down and not a big production.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:29 AM

The 24K version isn't bad voice wise... kind of generic..

Even though the orig version sounds a bit dated, I like it better..
Old 03-23-2016, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

While I definitely view her rerecording the song as a way to thumb her nose at Lindsey, I don't think it's solely that. Stevie has long lamented how the songs she's contributed to movie soundtracks essentially disappear into the ether. To me, her rerecording Twisted is a way to cement her love of the song, and bring it to the forefront for her fans. Ironically, the song undoubtedly reached far more ears through it's inclusion in Twister than it ever will through 24k. So her mission failed, in that respect. Nobody new heard the song because of 24k.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

On a side note, now having had 24k for a while I find the production issues and mastering such a hindrance. Every time I hear The Dealer I'm constantly distracted, wondering why one line of vocals is so nice and clear and then it goes back to sounding like an album recorded using a 2 way radio. It was so refreshing to hear IYD after hearing some of the vocals on TISL...which for the most part still sounds better sonically than 24k.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
On a side note, now having had 24k for a while I find the production issues and mastering such a hindrance. Every time I hear The Dealer I'm constantly distracted, wondering why one line of vocals is so nice and clear and then it goes back to sounding like an album recorded using a 2 way radio. It was so refreshing to hear IYD after hearing some of the vocals on TISL...which for the most part still sounds better sonically than 24k.
There is some really good stuff at the end of IYD. I agree about TISL recording.. uhhh..
Old 03-23-2016, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I adore the 98' version from the Enchanted Tour!
Old 03-23-2016, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Ironically, the song undoubtedly reached far more ears through it's inclusion in Twister than it ever will through 24k. So her mission failed, in that respect. Nobody new heard the song because of 24k.
Maybe true that it reached more ears during its initial release, but being a more recent fan I heard it for the first time on 24K.

And the 24K version is undoubtedly my favorite. I find the drumbeat incredibly distracting in the original and Enchanted versions.

Although I love to hear Stevie and Lindsey sing together of course. So I can't say I hate that one in any way.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't conjecture why she re-recorded it, but lyrically I love it and will forgive any of the sonic issues it has in any incarnation.

"You remember your childhood
Oh, in fiery sequences"

"The sun goes down
Filling the air with color and winds
That lift you up to God"

"You'd rather be wrapped up
In the arms of a storm"

"I know, you know, watching you go is like dying."
Old 03-23-2016, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Was she unhappy with Lindsey's production of the song? Was it a little dig? Like saying I can do this better with another producer? I personally think the Lindsey produced version is better.
I can't believe Lindsey cares about Twister. If she went and re-recorded Gypsy and indicated that her version was the only good one, I'm sure that would get under his skin, but not Twister.

I love the version with Lindsey and was beyond excited to get it at a time when there was no FM. I practically pulled my hair out over it. BUT I like the 24K version quite a bit too. I think the 24K version is kind of sultry.

Michele
Old 03-24-2016, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.ph...v2&id=710&c=18

B101.1: What was it like working on the movie, "Twister"?

LINDSEY: That was a really great thing for Stevie and me, because it had been an awful long time. I don't think we'd done a two-part harmony like that even in the later years of Fleetwood Mac. It almost harkened back to Buckingham-Nicks. Her voice is really sounding great and that blend never went away. So it was kind of an eye-opener when we finally started overdubbing the vocals on that. It was really great.

STEVIE: Thank you!

LINDSEY: You're welcome! (They both laugh).

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 03-24-2016, 01:47 PM
Registered

Quote:
Didn't stevie make a point about how it was on a soundtrack and no one really heard it so she re-recorded it