User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-10-2018, 09:22 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
All else aside, if you have to qualify the statement with "maybe" or "possibly" then there's no way you should be making it publicly.
Well I think you have a point. But his conjecture is probably due to the band not speaking to him, right? If Lindsey feels he exhausted every avenue that was available to him (aside from flying to Hawaii as he said he almost did) then maybe he's attempting to raise a new dialogue between them and him. I mean at this point he has nothing to lose, ya know? Doesn't mean he couldn't/shouldn't formulate his responses a little bit better, but hey, he's only human.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He needs some basic pr training. Make assertions, not speculation. Don't discuss personal matters publicly, unless mutually agreed. There's plenty of room to tell the truth within that framework.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
He is being SO honest in interviews lately. No canned responses and I LOVE it.

BUCKINGHAM: I did this thing with Christine last year, which was actually a really nice album. We had a ball taking it out on the road. Initially, the idea was that maybe we do a Fleetwood Mac album. She was still not in the band, but Mick and John and I had gone in with Mitchell Froom and cut some songs. So a few of the things of mine were already there, and of course when we got to that point and tried to engage Stevie in that idea, she didn’t want to do it.

STEREOGUM: Didn’t want to do an album?

BUCKINGHAM: No. And I’m the one who gets fired, right?

STEREOGUM: I read you haven’t spoken to any of them since then.

BUCKINGHAM: I haven’t spoken to any of them. Once we signed some papers a few weeks ago, I did hear from Christine in an email, as I expected to. I know Mick would probably like to, but I think he’s too embarrassed and just a little too weak-willed to do it. I won’t hear from Stevie because it was all her trip anyway. Again, I just have to forgive them because it’s really just Stevie being so needy for a certain kind of attention and maybe not wanting to compete with the vitality that I have.
Well DAMN lol. I mean everyone was thinking it I just never thought he’d say it so bluntly. But regardless of how it may come across, he’s probably not wrong. Stevie has always been childish. And it’s not like he really has anything left to lose. They can’t fire him again and there was never a legitimate chance of a reunion.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He has his own dignity to lose. He's basically calling Stevie a loser. That reflects far worse on him than it does on her.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Who is Stevie to you? A delicate flower?
The woman (sorry, person) is a tyrant.
She can handle it.

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 12-10-2018 at 09:48 PM..
Old 12-10-2018, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He needs some basic pr training. Make assertions, not speculation. Don't discuss personal matters publicly, unless mutually agreed. There's plenty of room to tell the truth within that framework.
PR training for what? To please YOUR sense of decorum? He was fired by a group of people that he has known for 40-50 plus years without even a phone call from any of them. Not even a written message. People who collectively had worked together to enrich each other beyond their wildest dreams. Essentially everything he has said has proven to be factual. They lied to the public about the reasons, they were caught dead to rights in a carefully constructed lawsuit that they were forced to settle without so much a deposition or any additional legal filings or hearings. Lindsey has very good lawyers who knew exactly how to craft an eight figure lawsuit and reach a successful outcome. I am sure they have advised him as to what he can and can't say post settlement.

In reality Lindsey is hurt. His ego and pride were damaged badly. Basically told he wasn't needed anymore by group of people who he believed wanted and needed him. That would hurt anyone and not one of them thought enough of him to even have a five minute conversation with him to tell him why they had reached this decision and that arrogance cost them millions. If he wants to spout off a little, I think he is entitled to do so.

On the other hand, the second the idea is floated about a reunion he is breaking the land speed record to get back to them. There is a very very real probability that we now see the five of them on stage together. How oddly fitting it will all be.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
On the other hand, the second the idea is floated about a reunion he is breaking the land speed record to get back to them. There is a very very real probability that we now see the five of them on stage together. How oddly fitting it will all be.
Not saying it won’t happen, but remember when Bob Welch sued the band? How did that go for him?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-10-2018, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He has his own dignity to lose. He's basically calling Stevie a loser. That reflects far worse on him than it does on her.
His comments are PG compared to their song lyrics.

I don’t see how telling the truth should make you look anything but classy. Even in this day in age. She’s lied through her teeth for a year. He’s been silent. Now that he finally speaks out he’s in the wrong??? He’s been the only adult in this whole process.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Not saying it won’t happen, but remember when Bob Welch sued the band? How did that go for him?
Bob Welch was not the 40 year force that Lindsey Buckingham was in the band and did not have Christine McVie emailing him miss you so much notes as soon as it was settled. Bob Welch didn't have Irving Azoff simultaneously covering his backside and seeing dollar signs.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Better start saving now. Those 2020 tour tickets are going to be insane.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Dignity? you argue a loss of dignity?

Give it a break, he withstood blatant lies being proffered by his band and their legion of hit loving 'fans'! This is Lindsey's version of events and he is entitled to express them in any way he sees fit. Clearly, there is no gag order in place. How is this not refreshing, finally someone associated with this band telling the TRUTH, or at the very least there version of the truth.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

For once, I hope Steve Hopkins is right!
Old 12-10-2018, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Dignity? you argue a loss of dignity?

Give it a break, he withstood blatant lies being proffered by his band and their legion of hit loving 'fans'! This is Lindsey's version of events and he is entitled to express them in any way he sees fit. Clearly, there is no gag order in place. How is this not refreshing, finally someone associated with this band telling the TRUTH, or at the very least there version of the truth.
Amen!
Old 12-11-2018, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I don’t see how they could get back together again.
Mick and Stevie ,especially Stevie, would have to eat an awful lot of humble pie.
I mean she said that she never wants to perform on the same stage with him.
How she going to square that and welcome Lindsey back.

Mick, yeah, for the sake of cash in his pocket, but Stevie apologising in public....
Can’t see that happening

Agreed.

Having the chance to meet and chat with him two nights ago, he really believes she is not writing or creating at all anymore and that's why she won't do an album because she's got nothing to contribute (new songs).
He said the songs on extended play were a total attempt to "woo" Stevie back into the studio, "and she just went NO!" He imitated how crankily she said NO! He feels she doesn't want to put her non-existent or not very good new songs up against his (or Chris's now). He's tread carefully for how many years now to get her to record with them all again. Wrote songs about her, to her, in her key, agreed to her demands for outside producers, etc......nope. Nothing from her but cash grab oldies tours.

And yet he said over and over to people at the m&g that he would go back again.....

I too thought it was odd he went there, saying Stevie might be jealous of him having a family and kids. Coz Chris doesn't have kids either. That seemed a low blow-- but I think it speaks to how badly hurt he's been by this whole thing.

I did however think his statement that "she is living her professional life" or something close to that to be perfectly reasonable and true. She's never made any compromises for any partner that meant she couldn't do what she wanted whenever she wanted.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 12-11-2018 at 11:27 PM..
Old 12-11-2018, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
But he said over and over to people at the m&g that he would go back again.....
I don’t know why, but that just strikes me as sad bordering on pathetic.

Quote:
I too thought it was odd he went there in saying Stevie might be jealous of him having a family and kids. Coz Chris doesn't have kids either. That seemed a low blow-- but I think it speaks to how badly hurt he's been by this whole thing.
He wasn’t romantically involved with Christine, and he was specifically addressing why Stevie might have been jealous. I agree it comes off as insensitive, but he probably wasn’t even thinking of that. I didn’t make that connection until reading your post.

THE Stephen Hopkins