User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Oh ok. I was reading things that suggested he was in a bind.
I don't know who this person on FB is, but I know that Herbie received commercial royalties from his photos that were used for Rumours, Bella Donna, The Wild Heart, TVBOFM, Crystal Visions, etc. He was not in dire financial straits. Unless he specified someone specific in his will, that money's going to family.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a news report:

Found Dead in his South Pasadena Home

By Bill Glazier Review Editor
Published: November 13, 2013 05:39:50 PM
Herbert W. Worthington III, iconic Fleetwood Mac photographer who made his home in South Pasadena, has passed away.

South Pasadena police entered his home in the 600 block of Prospect Avenue on Sunday afternoon to discover Worthington’s body. Sources are saying Worthington could have been dead for several days.

Worthington’s photos of the famed group were admired by millions of fans worldwide over the years.

Many commented on his website, recognizing the legend for his contributions to the band. He was revered for his pictures of Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham.

“Rest in peace Mr. Worthington,” wrote one anonymous fan. “Thank you for your beautiful work.”

Lorenzini Coleman added, “Amazing photographer. You left an amazing trail of awesomeness!”

Contributed Diane Marie, “Very sad news, indeed. Thank you for every captured moment. Thank heavens you were there.”

Sub-Headline : Found Dead in his South Pasadena Home
ByLine : By Bill Glazier Review Editor

http://south.pasadenanow.com/fleetwo...er-remembered/
Old 11-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Well, that's sobering.

Michele
Old 11-13-2013, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here's a news report:

Herbert W. Worthington III, iconic Fleetwood Mac photographer who made his home in South Pasadena, has passed away.

South Pasadena police entered his home in the 600 block of Prospect Avenue on Sunday afternoon to discover Worthington’s body. Sources are saying Worthington could have been dead for several days.

Worthington’s photos of the famed group were admired by millions of fans worldwide over the years.

Many commented on his website, recognizing the legend for his contributions to the band. He was revered for his pictures of Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham.

“Rest in peace Mr. Worthington,” wrote one anonymous fan. “Thank you for your beautiful work.”

Lorenzini Coleman added, “Amazing photographer. You left an amazing trail of awesomeness!”

Contributed Diane Marie, “Very sad news, indeed. Thank you for every captured moment. Thank heavens you were there.”

Wow I really hope the part about him not being found for several days is not true...
Did he not have any family or friends that would have noticed they hadn't heard from him...
Old 11-13-2013, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Wow I really hope the part about him not being found for several days is not true...
Did he not have any family or friends that would have noticed they hadn't heard from him...
That's always sad. But it takes awhile for you to conclude something is wrong. With my dad (I was in California and he was in Illinois), he called me on a Thursday night and I should have called him back then, but we always spoke on Saturday, so I just said I'd talk to him on Saturday.

Well, Saturday I could not get him and I gave him a day before I figured something was wrong. So, I didn't call 911 until Sunday and, from what I can tell, he must have had his stroke Friday. So, he was there from Friday until Sunday. It was not that I didn't miss him or care. I just thought I would give it the benefit of a doubt before panicking. My dad was still alive though, when they found him, but severely dehydrated and, of course, to reverse stroke damage, you really need to do something within the first 2 hours.

I guess when you have loved ones who live alone, you have to be overly vigilant, even if they aren't that old, really.

Michele
Old 11-13-2013, 09:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
This story hits close to home.....
I was very close to my mom - and my only family - I talked to her on a Sunday morning - she died instantly of a stroke that afternoon.... I didn't find out that she died until Tuesday only because she didn't go into work Monday and Tuesday and her co-worker/friend called me to see if I heard from her cuz it was unlike her not to call in.....

So... even if you don't talk to someone for 2 days, life will pass on....
It's not uncommon.....

But on point... I am sorrowful of Herbert's passing.... He gave us all a gift - a glimpse into the people that gave us all so much... Which in turn showed us who he was....

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 11-13-2013, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hearing Herbert explain the photo sequence on the back of Rumours was one of the highlights of the Making Of Rumours documentary that came out in the late 1990s. I don't know much about photography, so hearing his train of thought as a photographer was fascinating to me. And what he deemed an accomplishment vs what was standard. I don't think I've viewed photography the same way ever since.

It is really hitting hard how quickly people in the Mac sphere are dying off these days. It just seems like a domino effect ever since Judy Wong's death.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

And listen to his tone of voice when he's describing the photo on the top of the back of the album. Very clear that he was someone that felt a great deal of love, in my opinion.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Hearing Herbert explain the photo sequence on the back of Rumours was one of the highlights of the Making Of Rumours documentary that came out in the late 1990s. I don't know much about photography, so hearing his train of thought as a photographer was fascinating to me. And what he deemed an accomplishment vs what was standard. I don't think I've viewed photography the same way ever since.

It is really hitting hard how quickly people in the Mac sphere are dying off these days. It just seems like a domino effect ever since Judy Wong's death.
By the way, the last I knew, this documentary was available on Netflix.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Tusk photo shoot tape stuff is one of my favorite things related to FM. I liked hearing them get direction.

Michele
Old 11-13-2013, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think that's the point - there was no one to handle it. Very sad. I would imagine there is no obit because there is no money to pay a funeral home who handles that - and they charge extra for that too if you want it in a big paper and not just the standard notice.

I have family members who will be in the same situation one day with no life insurance to cover funeral costs and no family who can cough it up.
There's an obituary now. I'll post a link tomorrow if no one else has by then.
By the way Lori Nicks has confirmed his death on her Facebook page, I believe.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation ATTTENTION Please, Facebook account confirmed!

I sent a Friend Request on Facebook to Barry del Bostwick, which was just accepted.

***Barry del Bostwick is the son of Beverly Worthington, who was the sister of Herbert W. Worthington III. There is a photo of Beverly Worthington on her Facebook page in which she appears with someone who is clearly Herbert. In the "About" section of her Facebook page, Beverly W. lists Barry del Bostwick as her son and has a link, complete with photograph, to the same page as the one where my Friend Request was just approved.***

***On that same Facebook page - Barry del Bostwick's - there is a post about the financial difficulties he's having with Herbert's final arrangements and a link to the site for donations - http://www.gofundme.com/58qz70 ***

I really feel that we can feel 100% certain at this point that this is a legitimate and genuine request.

(Beverly Worthington has passed but the photo can be seen in her "About" section:
https://www.facebook.com/bevworthington )

https://www.facebook.com/bobby.bostwick/

The photo is from Bobby Bostwick's Facebook account, where just this moment I had a discussion with him further confirming it. It's the same photo which appears on the FM News page and the donation site.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Barry.jpg (6.0 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 11-13-2013 at 11:32 PM..
Old 11-14-2013, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
I sent a Friend Request on Facebook to Barry del Bostwick, which was just accepted.

***Barry del Bostwick is the son of Beverly Worthington, who was the sister of Herbert W. Worthington III. There is a photo of Beverly Worthington on her Facebook page in which she appears with someone who is clearly Herbert. In the "About" section of her Facebook page, Beverly W. lists Barry del Bostwick as her son and has a link, complete with photograph, to the same page as the one where my Friend Request was just approved.***

***On that same Facebook page - Barry del Bostwick's - there is a post about the financial difficulties he's having with Herbert's final arrangements and a link to the site for donations - http://www.gofundme.com/58qz70 ***

I really feel that we can feel 100% certain at this point that this is a legitimate and genuine request.

(Beverly Worthington has passed but the photo can be seen in her "About" section:
https://www.facebook.com/bevworthington )

https://www.facebook.com/bobby.bostwick/

The photo is from Bobby Bostwick's Facebook account, where just this moment I had a discussion with him further confirming it. It's the same photo which appears on the FM News page and the donation site.
Sounds fishy if you ask me...

While I don't doubt he's could be related to Herbie don't forget Herbert owned the copyrights on ALL those pictures...

If Herbert still had the copyrights you would need a good lawyer to handle the estate...

If it were me the first thing I would do would be finding a good lawyer...

It should be fairly simple for the lawyer to quickly dispose of some assets to cover a funeral...

I don't mean to sound cruel here but I would think the band especially Stevie would offer financial assistance if they knew about this...
Old 11-14-2013, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here's a news report:

FINALLY.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sounds fishy if you ask me...

While I don't doubt he's could be related to Herbie don't forget Herbert owned the copyrights on ALL those pictures...

If Herbert still had the copyrights you would need a good lawyer to handle the estate...

If it were me the first thing I would do would be finding a good lawyer...

It should be fairly simple for the lawyer to quickly dispose of some assets to cover a funeral...

I don't mean to sound cruel here but I would think the band especially Stevie would offer financial assistance if they knew about this...
Exactly. The dust hasn't even settled and this guy comes out of nowhere asking for a large sum of money. Even if the guy is related, shouldn't he be asking his family members, friends, local charities, even his church, for assistance first? How about taking out a loan? I don't mean to be cruel either, but this does look a little shady.