Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
And it begins again!

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.

Great soap too. Sometimes.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnightshade View Post
Hey Deb! I was a member here, too, and just hardly posted. When I was banned from 7W I really could have given a rat's ass (and I was one of the supporting members over there, though I never paid more than $12). I did not ask/beg to be reinstated like other ppl did. They did reinstate me but by then it was too late. I don't go there and I'm not supporting the chaos, screw it. TJ just got too off topic (not enough Stevie/Mac threads - which is the whole point) so I rarely go there either. I'm still here and I like it here so I guess I'm not one of those who immediately bailed.
Hey Ruth!!!! TJ was setup because for some reason Brian closed the Chitchat forum. So Becky setup TJ for people who wanted to chitchat. When Brian found out he banned everybody because he saw it as an anti seven wonders board. I don't know why, can't remember. I got banned too and then reinstalled by the new owner. I feel bad for the one who paid for my membership now that the board is down. He says the server is down and can't get it to work. I don't know what's going on.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 03-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE]Hey Ruth!!!! TJ was setup because for some reason Brian closed the Chitchat forum. So Becky setup TJ for people who wanted to chitchat. When Brian found out he banned everybody because he saw it as an anti seven wonders board. I don't know why, can't remember. I got banned too and then reinstalled by the new owner. I feel bad for the one who paid for my membership now that the board is down. He says the server is down and can't get it to work. I don't know what's going on.[/QUOTE]

You know this from Sandor? That's right, Brian closed ChitChat after somebody (Legion???) posted very crude anti-women remarks. Anyway, that was the prior administration.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Junior Ledgie

[QUOTE=JWS;745145][QUOTE]Hey Ruth!!!! TJ was setup because for some reason Brian closed the Chitchat forum. So Becky setup TJ for people who wanted to chitchat. When Brian found out he banned everybody because he saw it as an anti seven wonders board. I don't know why, can't remember. I got banned too and then reinstalled by the new owner. I feel bad for the one who paid for my membership now that the board is down. He says the server is down and can't get it to work. I don't know what's going on.[/QUOTE]

You know this from Sandor? That's right, Brian closed ChitChat after somebody (Legion???) posted very crude anti-women remarks. Anyway, that was the prior administration.[/QUOTE]

But I don't think Legion got banned for the violation and The Wizard had blinders on when it came to his remarks. $$$ -

Can someone explain how the server stuff works. I thought that all the information is stored on "a server" from the vendor that supports the site and that is what they pay a monthly fee for. Is this not how it works? So what would happen if the monthly fee was not paid? Would that be a "crash" situation also?
Old 03-09-2008, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post

Great soap too. Sometimes.
Love it Patti.. And Love Days of our Lives.

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 03-09-2008, 05:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviefan59 View Post
hey pip...just wanted to let u know there's more than u that weren't allowed back after being banned so u can relax on that point...i believe there's server probs and if it takes more money to get it back up and running so be it...there is a cost to pay for most music and images u get anyway so i don't mind...now if they're asking for more than $20 i may rethink my position but i felt good donating the $12.95 and that was b4 i knew u couldn't see the images or trades forum which bcame in effect after jan 1st...i don't think it was fair to exclude ppl from seeing these forums but i understand the need for $s...take care...pat
Hey Pat... I have no problem contributing to forums. I contribute to the ledge. I do have a problem with being banned for no good reason. Mind you... doesn't sound like I'm missing much over there! Personally I thought it was bullying tactics... getting people to pay to see the images forum
Old 03-09-2008, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default i agree pip

u've hit the nail on the head Pip...i think if i had known that he was going to charge for the images and trades forum i prob would have bailed...there are a lot of younger fans out there that don't have the $12.95 to give so they can see the special forums...actually with the economy the way it is right now we prob all need the money...what gets me even more angry is some ppl started posting in the stevie nicks forum (which is free btw) and admin moved these threads into the images and trades...i guess we'll have to see how it all comes out in the long run but i'm not holding my breath for any changes...take care...pat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg calendar 9.jpg (55.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 03-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

it is still down.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy1 View Post
it is still down.
Day 5 and counting.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS View Post
Day 5 and counting.
I just heard it will hopefully be back up tomorrow.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 03-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Ledgie

I haven't bothered posting on a Stevie/Mac message board for quite some time but I view them rather actively. It's sad to see any board go down, where people have gathered to share something they enjoy and hold dearly. I doubt if 7W is down for good but there have been others that fell due to drama and it's really a shame.

All I can say is "I was a member of ThreadJack and that board was up to no good. After 7W Chit Chat was closed (and no it wasn’t closed because of any one member or a large donation) TJ turned into a very nasty place. Sure people have a right to be mad they were banned, but TJ was carrying it to a whole new level. Their vengeance went on for months and months. They plotted attacks against 7W, but most importantly, certain members of 7W. They were actually caught a few times because TJ had a number of spies reporting back to Sandor.

Look at the whole picture. Again, to think any one member or even a group of members making large donations to a message board to get certain perks may not be allowing you to see the clarity of the overall picture. I believe if you'd seen what was going on and then quickly covered with TJ, by it's owner and certain members there, you'd be able to piece together what happened when Brian owned the board, and what may be happening now that Sandor owns the board.

Out of every board I've belonged to and viewed over the years, TJ has been by far the worst. I wont name any names, but some of the largest, active posters on 7W, that also gave birth to TJ, are the real reason behind what happened to 7W in the past and could be the reason behind what's happened to it now. Yes, TJ is that bad and actually the reason it started out and continues to be a board closed to all but members they'll allow in.

If Sandor had any kind of heart or professionalism, he should at least e-mail the members to let them know what's going on. If he can't e-mail all of them, there's no reason he couldn’t get some kind of information out via all of the available resources. News would travel rather quickly and the members that paid wouldn’t be left in the dark. It's just not right and allows for all kinds of resentments.
I am a rogue Penguin who has a penchant for free thought and expression. You have cast your lot with the revisionists AKA the Maoists, the Nazis, the PolPots ye verily the unthinking forces of darkness which i will rail against with the flapping flippers of a small flightless bird until i get bored and swim away!
Old 03-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm stevie nick View Post
I haven't bothered posting on a Stevie/Mac message board for quite some time but I view them rather actively. It's sad to see any board go down, where people have gathered to share something they enjoy and hold dearly. I doubt if 7W is down for good but there have been others that fell due to drama and it's really a shame.

All I can say is "I was a member of ThreadJack and that board was up to no good. After 7W Chit Chat was closed (and no it wasn’t closed because of any one member or a large donation) TJ turned into a very nasty place. Sure people have a right to be mad they were banned, but TJ was carrying it to a whole new level. Their vengeance went on for months and months. They plotted attacks against 7W, but most importantly, certain members of 7W. They were actually caught a few times because TJ had a number of spies reporting back to Sandor.

Look at the whole picture. Again, to think any one member or even a group of members making large donations to a message board to get certain perks may not be allowing you to see the clarity of the overall picture. I believe if you'd seen what was going on and then quickly covered with TJ, by it's owner and certain members there, you'd be able to piece together what happened when Brian owned the board, and what may be happening now that Sandor owns the board.

Out of every board I've belonged to and viewed over the years, TJ has been by far the worst. I wont name any names, but some of the largest, active posters on 7W, that also gave birth to TJ, are the real reason behind what happened to 7W in the past and could be the reason behind what's happened to it now. Yes, TJ is that bad and actually the reason it started out and continues to be a board closed to all but members they'll allow in.

If Sandor had any kind of heart or professionalism, he should at least e-mail the members to let them know what's going on. If he can't e-mail all of them, there's no reason he couldn’t get some kind of information out via all of the available resources. News would travel rather quickly and the members that paid wouldn’t be left in the dark. It's just not right and allows for all kinds of resentments.

That's what I think too. We should be informed about what has happened.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How freaking lame can someone possibly be? Sending in "spies" to report back on all the ****talk going on? What's the point? Does he just want his feelings to get hurt? Mac fans are a bunch of drama queens, and it's all Stevie's fault.

Personally, I'd like to see all the fan factions just explode into drama-whore-civil war. I would really just die of laughter reading all the commentary about it here, and hopefully it would cause those types of people to avoid the fan communities all-together for at least a while. Truthfully, I only feel bad for some of the friendly nice people who just visit forums to download pictures and demos, and never participate in the chatty conversations. Requests for uploads are almost always honored on the Ledge, even for people who aren't in "cliques", so why those types of people feel the need to PAY for access to a bitchy little message board... it's beyond all of my rational comprehension.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadwin View Post
No, more like $125 and $200. Larger contributions = special treatment.
People have too much money, apparently. Since they don't need it, they should send it to me.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm stevie nick View Post

Sounds like there is a lot more to the story than the average person knows. I think there is a little truth in every post that has been posted in this thread, as everyone has heard bits and pieces. If you put it all together and the pictures should become fairly clear.

The new owner made a lot of the TJ members mods and leaders on 7Ws. Why would they continue to bad mouth it if they are the ones now running it? Did he feel like he had to do that or the attacks would continue? Just sounds like it's been doomed since The Wizard lost it last year.

Didn't 7W first come on the scene when this sight went down because of server problems?