User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-05-2003, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by kenzo
Apparently they are. Their reward is a life of discontent, always wondering what they can take from others to make themselves happy for a little while.

Enjoy your petty lives, petty thieves.
I would hardly call it stealing to download a version of Peacekeeper that AOL legally broadcast to the entire world for free. Get a grip. It's not like everyone on this board is not going to purchase the new album three times anyway (ie the single disc copy, the double disc copy, and the DVD-A, in addition to seeing the band at least once on the tour.)
Old 03-05-2003, 11:26 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Apparently they are. Their reward is a life of discontent, always wondering what they can take from others to make themselves happy for a little while.
Forgive us oh righteous one for our sins. You are perfect and we are flawed. We have been tempted by the evil "Kazaa" (a.k.a, the Prince of Darkness), and must now repent!

Old 03-06-2003, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by SmthngOfADreamr
I would hardly call it stealing to download a version of Peacekeeper that AOL legally broadcast to the entire world for free. Get a grip. It's not like everyone on this board is not going to purchase the new album three times anyway (ie the single disc copy, the double disc copy, and the DVD-A, in addition to seeing the band at least once on the tour.)
Exactly! Thanks SmthngOfADreamr.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Oh, c'mon. We're paying $1.49 for a single. Get a grip, buddy. You probably spent three times that much for your last beer. And there wasn't a lot of creative blood, sweat and tears put into that beer. I don't mind paying someone to enjoy their creative energy.

Jeezus, our priorities are so f-cked up!!!!

This is creative energy. There is no higher energy that we can reward.

Pink Floyd
Old 03-06-2003, 03:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Enjoy your petty lives, petty thieves.
you have some nerve!!!!!
who the hell are you to judge us???!!!
as i mentioned before, it's overpriced and unavailable for non-us residents, but hey, why am i mentioning this at all? i honestly don't feel like i need to justify myself to you... anyway, i can ASSURE you that any possible discontent in my life would not be caused by THIS action, and just for the record, i am not a thief, in fact, my name was NEVER mentioned in ANY police records whatsoever, and as for you, i wish you'd crawl back under the rock which you just sneaked from. thank you.

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!

Last edited by tommer; 03-06-2003 at 06:08 AM..
Old 03-06-2003, 05:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rainman
Oh, c'mon. We're paying $1.49 for a single. Get a grip, buddy. You probably spent three times that much for your last beer. And there wasn't a lot of creative blood, sweat and tears put into that beer. I don't mind paying someone to enjoy their creative energy.

Jeezus, our priorities are so f-cked up!!!!

This is creative energy. There is no higher energy that we can reward.
You're right.... $1.49 isn't much at all... but apparently Reprise don't want my money as I don't live in the USA

Pip
Old 03-06-2003, 09:21 AM

I encourage people to share these files as much as possible. 19 bucks for a CD is a ripoff, regardless of what band it is. And whether they charge $19 or $15 for the damn thing, Fleetwood Mac is going to get the same piddly buck or two for it. Meanwhile, the label reaps an obscene profit margin.

Has anyone wondered why even Amazon is charging such a high price for a single-disc release? Usually the new releases go for as little as $11.99 and not higher than $14.99. Something is going on here. But I'd hate to use the word "greed" again.

Download away, friends!
Old 03-06-2003, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
You're right.... $1.49 isn't much at all... but apparently Reprise don't want my money as I don't live in the USA

Pip

Yeah, they don't want mine, either. And I'm within shouting distance--although I'm not shouting. Yet.

Pink Floyd
Old 03-06-2003, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
And whether they charge $19 or $15 for the damn thing, Fleetwood Mac is going to get the same piddly buck or two for it. Meanwhile, the label reaps an obscene profit margin.
Ugh. That makes me sick to my stomach...It's one of the reasons I don't judge anyone for sharing the music before the album release. I'd be willing to bet any amount of $$ those of us who swapped TISL songs before the album release still bought the album and enjoyed it ten times more because of the high quality and clarity of the songs. You just can't replace that with a compressed audio file, I don't care how big it is.
Quote:
Has anyone wondered why even Amazon is charging such a high price for a single-disc release? Usually the new releases go for as little as $11.99 and not higher than $14.99. Something is going on here. But I'd hate to use the word "greed" again.
Download away, friends!
Yes I do wonder. I admit I impulsively pre-ordered it anyway through the Penguin because I love the Penguin (and despise Mick's site) and wanted to support it in any way I can while pre-ordering. I just figured it was pricey because it has a lot of songs.

But You'd THINK someone like me who pre-orders and is guaranteed to get the cd because I've already given them $20 could get the fees waived for those pre-released mp3s . I mean, come on! Doesn't it make sense? They get a non-refundable 20 bucks from me (which IS certainly a lot for a cd), I'm gonna rightfully own the music in a few weeks, why not advance me the few tracks for free? Yes, that's right, I'm bitching about $1.49. multiply that by 5 or whatever and add it to the 20 bucks and the price tag for SYW is starting to sound like one for two cds. I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere, but I think the same advance deal should go for those who pre-ordered through Micks/ the FM site (even though they should have done it through the Penguin ) and those of you who shelled out $60 for the fan club. If you ask me, adding $27 or whatever to that $60 fee adds insult to injury. JMHO.
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 03-06-2003, 01:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I encourage people to share these files as much as possible. 19 bucks for a CD is a ripoff, regardless of what band it is.
Download away, friends!
Doesn't matter whether it's $19 or $1900. If it's not yours and you take it without permission, you're a parasite.

If you ever had intellectual property with value, you'd understand. Guess the "intellectual" part is a hurdle you'll never clear.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Doesn't matter whether it's $19 or $1900. If it's not yours and you take it without permission, you're a parasite.

If you ever had intellectual property with value, you'd understand. Guess the "intellectual" part is a hurdle you'll never clear.
I can tell by your tone that your intellect is something else. You're probably The Knight, aren't you?

I happen to own some copyrights and I bet I could teach you a thing or two about intellectual property. And manners as well, for that matter.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I can tell by your tone that your intellect is something else. You're probably The Knight, aren't you?

I happen to own some copyrights and I bet I could teach you a thing or two about intellectual property. And manners as well, for that matter.
Not sure what the Knight is.

Your copyright protection means a lot if people steal your property anyway, right?

You do have a sense of humor, if nothing else. A thief lecturing us on manners!

Last edited by kenzo; 03-06-2003 at 02:02 PM..
Old 03-06-2003, 02:12 PM

Quote:
You do have a sense of humor, if nothing else. A thief lecturing us on manners!
I am not lecturing you on anything, and you have no idea who I am. If calling me a thief for downloading songs helps your delusions of self-righteousness, go for it. You can't rattle me. You're about as significant to me as the ant I almost stepped on in my driveway this morning. I avoided the ant because I hate to end a life.

Anyway, I've grown weary of you, so I won't engage in anymore futile exchanges with someone who exhibits your level of civility. I don't come on these boards to be bored by people like you.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'll agree that I was uncivil.

I'll also agree that it's not important to you what I or anyone else thinks.

I apologize if my opinions on theft bothered you. I also have copyrights as well as patents, so perhaps I'm oversensitive to what might be perceived as people taking what they didn't earn.

I'll try to keep this discussion more reasonable and less personal.

Better?
Old 03-06-2003, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Downloading....

Maybe i'm cheap, maybe lucky....I dont know which, anyways I just dowloaded Peacekeeper from someone on WINMX and it works fine, same with Thrown Down.....Personally my view is that if I can get the same thing for free instead of shelling out my money for it, i'm going to. By the way it's not considered stealing.....those systems( WINMX, Kaaza, etc...) are for file sharing....Until later