User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Thanks for your review, Lisa! I was also told that people took a seat during Bleed to Love her and Think About Me, maybe because those are not popular songs. Too bad the lack of rehearsals was noticeable. Luckily they will have three months of rehearsals for the 2018 tour.

Let's hope they won't be rushed at the Classic East. I didn't know there was a curfew for these kind of events.

I understand these are not concerts designed for hardcore fans and given the circumstances of the crew delay, they had to rush everything. I hope the organisation of the event improves in Citi Field.
Think About Me is in my all time top 10 FM song list!

I don't think I've ever been to a concert(at a major venue - not a club, obviously) that was "allowed" to go past 11PM. I believe mostly due to "union" stage hands(I've read about bands paying penalties, when they've gone past 11), but also local noise ordinances for outdoor venues, which are typically 11PM, also.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Think About Me is in my all time top 10 FM song list!
I know! I can't stop singing it every time I listen to my Tusk CD on my car!

Quote:
I don't think I've ever been to a concert(at a major venue - not a club, obviously) that was "allowed" to go past 11PM. I believe mostly due to "union" stage hands(I've read about bands paying penalties, when they've gone past 11), but also local noise ordinances for outdoor venues, which are typically 11PM, also.

I know. I just want the party to never stop!!!

Can't you tell I'm already in concert mode?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 07-19-2017 at 11:49 AM..
Old 07-19-2017, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know. I just want the party to never stop!!!

Can't you tell I'm already in concert mode?
Hope you have a blast!!
Old 07-19-2017, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hope you have a blast!!
Thanks!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 07-19-2017, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Lets not forget..... Fleetwood Mac is not a spontaneous band. They are probably the most ritualistic live band ever. They only open with 1 or 2 songs and have the same show closers. They are not political and never acknowledge events from the stage. During Christine's solo tour before she performed Songbird she acknowledged the town's tragedy where 7 teens died in a fun house fire. Its a shame they did not acknowledge Dodger stadium but it would have surprised me if they did. Lindsey makes the same short speech night after night. No variation ever. For God's sake why they never played Illume in New York City when the city was still recovering from 9/11 surprised me but not really. Fleetwood Mac is not that kind of band. And during a Stadium show they are not going to stray from their live formula. Even when Billy and Rick joined the band, they did not take chances. They tried to replace Lindsey live which is impossible. They should have put their own stamp on the songs with a lick here or there. But they would never do that and play conservatively.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac is a lot more political than you think.
Individually and collectively they are generous contributors to worthwhile social justice organizations. Even good ole John McVie has denounced his Republican loyalty.

Regarding the LA times reviewer - I had to chuckle when I read he felt betrayed.
As if he is owed by Fleetwood Mac. Narcissistic behavior is having a moment it seems, in the USA.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I don't know why the LA Times guy or anyone for that matter is surprised by the FM performance. They are not spontaneous and since they didn't really care about this show other than the $$, why would they do something like get a marching band. They aren't going to show chemistry because they don't have any. They stopped being a band in the 80's. The only time they've shown any excitement about being together was a little bit around The Dance and a little bit after Christine rejoined a couple of years ago.

Of course they are going to provide a professional, well-executed performance and nothing more/different.

Buckingham McVie can now go back to enjoying their tour and Stevie can enjoy the last of the awesome 24 Karat tour, Mick Fleetwood can twiddle his fingers waiting to make some more cash during the farewell tour and that's about it.
Exactly. Where's this LA times guy been for the past 20+ years?

I love them, but spontaneous they are not.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Fleetwood Mac is a lot more political than you think.
Individually and collectively they are generous contributors to worthwhile social justice organizations. Even good ole John McVie has denounced his Republican loyalty.

Regarding the LA times reviewer - I had to chuckle when I read he felt betrayed.
As if he is owed by Fleetwood Mac. Narcissistic behavior is having a moment it seems, in the USA.
My sentence was a run on but I said or meant not political from the stage. Of course each has their politics like everyone else. They are not Ted Nugent on stage to say the least
The Mac took some flack the day after their Ottawa Canada show because the day before there was a terrorist attack. Terror attacks in Ottawa are extremely rare and shocked the world. A few who went to the concert wondered why no one in the band acknowledged the attack or had words of inspiration for the city. They simply played their show like any other night.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love them all. I love that after all this time, they are back together again. But I will say.....

They are just so much better on their own these days. Their solo shows just blow their Fleetwood mac performances out of the water. Stevie's 24k Gold show was truly one of her best tours to date. I've never seen her so invested (other than maybe IYD). To see her putting 100% in Hyde Park (to a LOUSY crowd) on youtube to then the Classic performance is almost like a different woman.

Same with Lindsey/Chris, their show right now is so fresh. It felt like I was seeing them both for the first time. The Buckvie album was and is awesome.

The last few FM tours (even with Chris) have just been so uneventful. I will never stop seeing them, solo or with FM, but honestly I'd take 3 more 24k gold tours and 3 more Lindsey albums (with or without Chris) than another FM tour. It sucks that FM tours have to go for 2 years, wish they could do 20 dates here, 20 there while going back to their respective solo projects.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Stevie's 24k Gold show was truly one of her best tours to date. I've never seen her so invested (other than maybe IYD). To see her putting 100% in Hyde Park (to a LOUSY crowd) on youtube to then the Classic performance is almost like a different woman..
I agree with you but I was at the Hyde Park gig and the crowd LOVED her performance. I walked past lots of people who expressed their surprise at her amazing vocals and performance. It was great to hear. Concerts like that aren't loud and as involving as arena gigs unless there's audience participation as there was with Tom Petty's set. The amount of people singing along to Edge of Seventeen was mind blowing. Honestly, she went down an absolute treat.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I love them all. I love that after all this time, they are back together again. But I will say.....

They are just so much better on their own these days. Their solo shows just blow their Fleetwood mac performances out of the water. Stevie's 24k Gold show was truly one of her best tours to date. I've never seen her so invested (other than maybe IYD). To see her putting 100% in Hyde Park (to a LOUSY crowd) on youtube to then the Classic performance is almost like a different woman.

Same with Lindsey/Chris, their show right now is so fresh. It felt like I was seeing them both for the first time. The Buckvie album was and is awesome.

The last few FM tours (even with Chris) have just been so uneventful. I will never stop seeing them, solo or with FM, but honestly I'd take 3 more 24k gold tours and 3 more Lindsey albums (with or without Chris) than another FM tour. It sucks that FM tours have to go for 2 years, wish they could do 20 dates here, 20 there while going back to their respective solo projects.
I agree with your "but", because that was exactly what I noticed from watching videos of that night and reading fans' comments.

I think they're better on their own these days AND they're also happier. Stevie had wanted out for many years, but now I think also Lindsey has found his happy way with BuckVie.

So, this makes me wonder: what's gonna be of the 2018/9 tour?
Old 07-20-2017, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I watched almost the entire concert (except for the last two songs) on Periscope in bed. My cat even watched too! I told her I always wanted to take her to a Fleetwood Mac or Stevie show. Anyway I thought they did really well. And the comments on the Periscope feed that I was on were all very positive. The only thing I did notice was that they moved from song to song very quickly. And I think the reason they did that is because the audience had already sat through two other bands. It was also a Sunday night. My brother went to that show and he said he had the best time and he couldn't believe how good they were.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I think they're better on their own these days AND they're also happier. Stevie had wanted out for many years, but now I think also Lindsey has found his happy way with BuckVie.
I think so, too. I'd be happy with as many years as they have left, of nothing but BuckVie.

The fact that they went out and ate together, after soundcheck in Nashville, tells me how well they get along.

WHEN do you think was the last time Stevie and Lindsey went out to dinner, just the two of them? 1974?
Old 07-20-2017, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
WHEN do you think was the last time Stevie and Lindsey went out to dinner, just the two of them? 1974?
I bet a heck of a lot more times than u could think. But why publicize it when not letting it be known sells more tickets?
Old 07-20-2017, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I bet a heck of a lot more times than u could think. But why publicize it when not letting it be known sells more tickets?
I don't think so. I personally think they can't stand each other.

What was it in Mick's book, during the fight when Lindsey was leaving the band? 'Get this crazy bi*ch out of my face', or something very close to that?

Yeah, you're right...they get along just fine.