The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.
Default What's up with Prince?

He recently played San Francisco but you had to have an American Express platinum card or something like that just to buy a ticket. And now a week of shows for a mere $3121, and you can't buy a single or an odd number of tix.

The Prince Of Hollywood
Updated 12:53 PDT Wed, Jun 20 2007

Prince is taking up a week long residency at the Hollywood Roosevelt in Los Angeles beginning June 23rd.
The VIP package for the shows, which are billed as "3121 at The Roosevelt," includes dinner prepared by the singer's personal chef Lena Morgan, a concert performance by Prince and an "after-hours free form jazz jam."
The princely price tag for the package is $3121 and includes two seats - no single seats or odd number of seats will be sold. One hundred and thirty seats are available for each of the seven shows.
An additional 70 standing room only tickets will also be available for each show at $312.10.
Complete information on tickets is available at www.thompsonhotels.com/prince.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

scary isn't it....?
Old 06-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i kind of dig it. it's like.. bring a friend. if i was in the area and had the money, i'd go.

watching prince play guitar is quite enjoyable.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

^^It would definitely be a cool experience if one could afford it. Does Prince play regular shows anymore? Whenever I hear about one of his shows it's some high priced thing.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For $1 million, he'll play your birthday party...this happened the same weekend as the Republic of Texas Biker Rally - that's why they referenced the motorcycles...

Prince revs up the Belmont

About 300 lucky Austinites got to hear Prince — yes, Prince — play "Little Red Corvette" and other faves at a private party at the Belmont on West Sixth Street on Saturday.

The spectacular shindig, thrown by Austin philanthropist couple John McHale and Chris Mattson, was originally going to feature just Grupo Fantasma, who've become the Purple One's favorite band in recent months. But throw in a rumored million dollars, and you also get Prince, who fronted Grupo on eight or nine songs, including a James Brown workout that dwarfed the sound of all those motorcycles. He also slayed the delirious crowd with a solo acoustic version of his trademark "Corvette."

Prince reportedly flew back to Las Vegas right after the set.

http://www.statesman.com/news/conten...4/4makers.html
Old 06-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt View Post
^^It would definitely be a cool experience if one could afford it. Does Prince play regular shows anymore? Whenever I hear about one of his shows it's some high priced thing.
I don't think he has since the Musicology tour ended. I could be mistaken because I'm not all up on my Prince knowledge.. but I believe that was the last bout of "normal", pretty-much-anybody-can-go shows.

Oh. Edit. There was supposed to be a series of shows in London.. tickets were 31.21 pounds a piece.. I don't know if he's done those yet or not.

Last edited by Sarah; 06-22-2007 at 10:39 AM..
Old 06-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt View Post
He did shows in Vegas at the Rio for a few months recently and I think tickets were around $175.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Banned

Tickets for the Minneapolis show are $125 for lower level.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Rickypt;698192]for a mere $3121, QUOTE]

THATS INSANE!!