World Turning
Stop Dragging My Heart Around (SN-MC)
Don’t Stop
-
Songbird

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-25-2018, 10:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Any certain info about the actual setlist would be truly appreciated!
Old 04-25-2018, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stranger things have happened. I'm sorry, I had to go take a sedative. I've been suffering hallucinations ever since the initial shocked settled and this "announcement" is now an undigested reality.

The fact that we're even talking about lackluster material like "Freedom" making it into a 2018 Fleetwood Mac concert set list is harrowing. This dim and wavering wind blown night has me nauseous. Please say this is just a dream!

Lindsey, come back! Ugh, excuse me, restroom break!
Old 04-26-2018, 03:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Similar to what I am expecting;
"The Chain"
"Dreams"
"Everywhere"
"Rattlesnake Shake"
"Rhiannon"
"Hold Me"
"I Loved Another Woman"
"Station Man"
"Gypsy"
"Say You Love Me"
"Sara"
"Don't Dream Its Over"
"Landslide"
"Over My Head"
"Stop Draggin My Heart Around"
"Little Lies"
"Oh Well"
"Gold Dust Woman"
"You Make Loving Fun"
"Go Your Own Way"
"World Turning"
"Don't Stop"
"Silver Springs"
"Songbird"

What I would personally want to see;
"The Chain"
"Dreams"
"Everywhere"
"Rattlesnake Shake"
"Rhiannon"
"Save Me"
"Black Magic Woman"
"Station Man"
"Gypsy"
"Say You Love Me"
"Angel"
"Why"
"Landslide"
"As Long As You Follow"
"Little Lies"
"Oh Well"
"Gold Dust Woman"
"You Make Loving Fun"
"Don't Dream Its Over"
"World Turning"
"Don't Stop"
"When I See You Again"
"Songbird"
Old 04-26-2018, 06:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Stevie and Christine singing on Don't Dream It's Over would sound pretty.

Station Man sounds like it's a very real possibility, plus that have performed it before, way back in 1975 or so.

Stevie has already sang all her songs from Tusk live, so I really think she'll add either Straight Back or That's Alright.

Christine will probably add Wish You Were Here, since she did it last year.

I don't love Freedom by any means, I mean it's a totally ok song but not memorable or exceptional. Having said that, it is a way to draw Mike into the band's history, and I do believe it could sound better live than the recorded version. Plus, I would rather hear Freedom than Desert Angel or Whole Lotta Trouble, two Stevie songs I hate.

I've seen the video of Mike singing Running Down a Dream, and he does a great job on it. I would definitely be ok with FM performing this.

No Stop Dragging My Heart Around! Or I Need to Know!
Old 04-26-2018, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
As much as I really want to boycott by not attending, I'll probably break down and go. Fleetwood Mac's music is part of the fabric of my life. I have NEVER missed a tour since 1977, including the train wreck of the Behind The Mask/Time Tours. So, I'm sure I'll bite the bullet.

That being said, it's amusing to me that some people are speculating that the band will play tunes like "Freedom" and "Save Me" from that era. Uh, yeah, that's NOT going to happen. What we ARE likely to see is the same greatest hits set list with a few Pre-1975 songs thrown in. Neil will sing Lindsey's parts on "World Turning" and "Don't Stop". If they're really brave, they'll attempt "Go Your Own Way" with Neil and hope that no one throws tomatoes out of ironic anger. Oh, the irony!

The band will plow through "Oh Well" and another blues number like "Black Magic Woman. "Station Man" might make the final cut. I'm sorry, but this band has NO BUSINESS playing Crowded House's "Don't Dream It's Over". That would be a blasphemous lounge act, at best. Also, expect that bland overplayed disco number "Stand Back" to make a dreaded return to the set list.

What WILL be a true gem for me is to hear Christine play "Spare Me A Little of Your Love" and "Why". If they stand ANY chance at pleasing the true fans, I would suggesting pulling out one of these Pre-75 songs. Sharon Celani and the other "background girl singer of Stevie's choice" would add great harmony vocals to both of these tunes.
They are going to play Save Me, As Long As You Follow, and probably Freedom too, and you can't stop them, lol. If Billy really was the other audition, that all but confirms that some BTM era stuff is coming back.

As for older stuff, haven't they name-dropped Rattlesnake Shake and Station Man already? And Oh Well? They're going out to please themselves on this tour, the "ten hits" are for the fans. 60 songs on the board to choose from, according to Stevie. Their whole catalog is up for grabs right now.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Similar to what I am expecting;
"The Chain"
"Dreams"
"Everywhere"
"Rattlesnake Shake"
"Rhiannon"
"Hold Me"
"I Loved Another Woman"
"Station Man"
"Gypsy"
"Say You Love Me"
"Sara"
"Don't Dream Its Over"
"Landslide"
"Over My Head"
"Little Lies"
"Oh Well"
"Gold Dust Woman"
"You Make Loving Fun"
"Go Your Own Way"
"World Turning"
"Don't Stop"
"Silver Springs"
"Songbird"
I think people will throw things at them if they attempt Go Your Own Way. I know it's their most popular song and a concert staple but it's the Lindsey song.
And I think my jaw would fall to floor if Stevie ever performed Silver Springs with anyone other than Lindsey on guitar.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:31 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I think people will throw things at them if they attempt Go Your Own Way. I know it's their most popular song and a concert staple but it's the Lindsey song.
And I think my jaw would fall to floor if Stevie ever performed Silver Springs with anyone other than Lindsey on guitar.
Totally agree. Yes GYOW is one of their concert highlights, but they've got plenty of other well known songs that they can fill a set with without playing the song that will most scream "HEY GUYS LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM ISN'T HERE ANYMORE!" I'm a long time FM diehard who has had a "crazy elderly band still doing crazy things" attitude about the whole situation...and even I desperately want them to give GYOW a rest in their Lindsey-less state.

Also agree about Silver Springs. Much as Stevie apparently cannot stand being around Lindsey anymore, she has clung to the "Stevie-Lindsey Shtick" in concerts since The Dance and her Silver Springs performances are kind of the pinnacle of that. I just don't seeing her playing Silver Springs without him. (And as much as Silver Springs is one of my very favorites, and as much as I got tired of the phoniness with Lindsey...I think I'd prefer they don't play it...)
Old 04-27-2018, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoursAndHours View Post
They are going to play Save Me, As Long As You Follow, and probably Freedom too, and you can't stop them, lol. If Billy really was the other audition, that all but confirms that some BTM era stuff is coming back.

As for older stuff, haven't they name-dropped Rattlesnake Shake and Station Man already? And Oh Well? They're going out to please themselves on this tour, the "ten hits" are for the fans. 60 songs on the board to choose from, according to Stevie. Their whole catalog is up for grabs right now.
I've been wrong before, but I'm willing to bet a lot money that there's no way in hell that a lackluster tune from a sub par album like "Freedom" will make it into the set list. With many amazing songs that have never been played before to choose from, if "Freedom" is in this set list, I will consider it the final nail in the coffin.

Billy was the other audition, but it was not to play tunes from "Behind The Mask" and "Time"--they considered him for the old blues/Pre-75 stuff, which at least has some artistic credibility.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
I've been wrong before, but I'm willing to bet a lot money that there's no way in hell that a lackluster tune from a sub par album like "Freedom" will make it into the set list. With many amazing songs that have never been played before to choose from, if "Freedom" is in this set list, I will consider it the final nail in the coffin.

Billy was the other audition, but it was not to play tunes from "Behind The Mask" and "Time"--they considered him for the old blues/Pre-75 stuff, which at least has some artistic credibility.

I don't think Freedom is a lackluster song, or that BTM is all that subpar. But it was also my intro to FM. IF Billy was the other audition, songs from his FM album are definitely in consideration, and that was part of the point. I agree it was also prolly for some older songs, but also for doing Lindsey's songs.

Last edited by HoursAndHours; 04-28-2018 at 12:49 AM..
Old 04-28-2018, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Station Man
Say You Love Me
The Chain
Dreams
Don’t Dream It’s Over
Running Down A Dream (MC)
Everywhere
Rhiannon
Oh Well (MC)
Gypsy
Spare Me A Little
Bare Trees
Landslide
Rattlesnake Shake
Little Lies
Something So Strong
Gold Dust Woman
You Make Loving Fun
Go Your Own Way
-
World Turning
Stop Dragging My Heart Around (SN-MC)
Don’t Stop
-
Songbird
That is pretty much exactly what I would think they would play plus or minus a few songs:
Minus: Bare Trees, Running Down a Dream, Something so Strong,
Plus: Something from Tusk (Beautiful Child or Sara), Stand Back, Over My Head and maybe Hold Me

I would be surprised if they did Go Your Own Way so maybe World Turning would be the closer. I agree with you that Station Man will be the opener with everyone singing that one. I wish they would do Black Magic Woman and a Judas Priest version of Green Manalishi and blow everyone out their seats but I know that wont happen. I also think there will be a new song not recorded but played in concert with this line up. They have so much time. When Rick and Billy joined there was no time to create new songs, they just hit the road.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-28-2018 at 06:39 AM..
Old 04-28-2018, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
That is pretty much exactly what I would think they would play plus or minus a few songs:
Minus: Bare Trees, Running Down a Dream, Something so Strong,
Plus: Something from Tusk (Beautiful Child or Sara), Stand Back, Over My Head and maybe Hold Me

I would be surprised if they did Go Your Own Way so maybe World Turning would be the closer. I agree with you that Station Man will be the opener with everyone singing that one. I wish they would do Black Magic Woman and a Judas Priest version of Green Manalishi and blow everyone out their seats but I know that wont happen. I also think there will be a new song not recorded but played in concert with this line up. They have so much time. When Rick and Billy joined there was no time to create new songs, they just hit the road.

World Turning would never be the closer for the regular set as it isn't well known enough to non-fans. Most likely, if they choose not to play Go Your Own Way then they'd close the main show with The Chain. I agree Station Man looks as if it would be a suitable song to open with.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-28-2018, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
World Turning would never be the closer for the regular set as it isn't well known enough to non-fans. Most likely, if they choose not to play Go Your Own Way then they'd close the main show with The Chain. I agree Station Man looks as if it would be a suitable song to open with.
I agree World Turning won't be the closer, as it isn't well-known to non-fans. Using that argument though, I can't imagine Station Man opening the show for exactly that same reason.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
If that was the case why did the Mac use it as their first encore last tour? Bands usually play big hits or well known songs as their encore. I could not disagree more that World Turning is not know to casual fans. World Turning gets regular play on classic rock stations all over the USA every day. Just like Gold Dust Woman was never a single but a main stay of classic rock stations. I would bet 88% of their concert goers know the song. The band has played it on many of their big tours usually highlighting parts of the concert. In 1987 and 1990 it was the highlight of the mid show with Mick's body playing percussion. Then it came later in the set to then be highlighted as their first encore.
Station Man opened the Mac's first tours with Stevie and Lindsey. You must do the song first to keep the audience's attention. Mid way through its too unknown. The opener has everyone's attention and it features everyone on vocals. I would bet the house it will be the opener just like it was 1975. Or like in 1976 Say You Love Me into Station Man.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-28-2018 at 12:56 PM..
Old 04-28-2018, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
If that was the case why did the Mac use it as their first encore last tour? Bands usually play big hits or well known songs as their encore. I could not disagree more that World Turning is not know to casual fans. World Turning gets regular play on classic rock stations all over the USA every day. Just like Gold Dust Woman was never a single but a main stay of classic rock stations. I would bet 88% of their concert goers know the song. The band has played it on many of their big tours usually highlighting parts of the concert. In 1987 and 1990 it was the highlight of the mid show with Mick's body playing percussion. Then it came later in the set to then be highlighted as their first encore.
Station Man opened the Mac's first tours with Stevie and Lindsey. You must do the song first to keep the audience's attention. Mid way through its too unknown. The opener has everyone's attention and it features everyone on vocals. I would bet the house it will be the opener just like it was 1975. Or like in 1976 Say You Love Me into Station Man.

There's no problem with it being an encore song. Its just not a song to end the main show on. The last song of the main set needs to be a big one to get the crowd shouting for more. Once the encore starts the clock resets and they can then play something less well known and follow it up with another big one, i.e. Don't Stop.

I agree with Station Man as an opener. The opening song doesn't need to be particularly well known as the audience isn't going to take a leak or get a drink during the first song. Also, as you say its a good one for all the singers to lend their vocals to.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood