The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-25-2018, 05:11 PM
guillamene guillamene is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 52
Default Rehearsal footage

Anybody else notice that in clip of them rehearsing The Chain,Mick was playing his small/acoustic drum kit- hope that this is not a sign that they will be doing an unplugged or lite version of this great song!
Poor Christine! She looked SO uncomfortable in this interview. Look at John looking at Mike and Neil and Stevie when they are speaking: I would LOVE to know what he's thinking to himself. Any suggestions???
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-25-2018, 05:18 PM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 5,204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillamene View Post
Anybody else notice that in clip of them rehearsing The Chain,Mick was playing his small/acoustic drum kit- hope that this is not a sign that they will be doing an unplugged or lite version of this great song!
Poor Christine! She looked SO uncomfortable in this interview. Look at John looking at Mike and Neil and Stevie when they are speaking: I would LOVE to know what he's thinking to himself. Any suggestions???
How did we get here?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-25-2018, 05:35 PM
Lola Lola is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 450
Default

Calgon take me away
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-25-2018, 05:56 PM
studyinscarlet's Avatar
studyinscarlet studyinscarlet is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: From what I can tell, I need to be here...
Posts: 183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
The 24K Gold Tour she delayed for two years because of the OWTS tour?

I think reactions to the segment (which was even shorter than I expected it to be) will vary depending upon one's level of anger at the Lindsey situation. Content-wise it was exactly as I expected it to be (nothing revealed).

My initial reaction: man these guys are OLD. (Love them all, but father time catches up with everyone...) From that aspect I can see why they weren't going to wait for Lindsey. Particularly when word of a big Fleetwood Mac tour in 2018 has been out there for more than a year.

My impression of the try-out for vocalist part was that they brought two people in and (not shockingly) aren't revealing the name of the one they didn't choose. (I was only half-paying attention, though.) Was the interviewer the one to bring it up? I know the band talked about discussing different singers from 27 to 65; probably should have left it at that without mentioning they brought someone else in.

I have to admit that while not what I had been expecting from FM, the clip of Neil's live Don't Dream It's Over got my attention. I hope they include that in the set. (Saying that as someone who has no knowledge of him or familiarity with his songs beyond the couple that were hits in the US years ago.)

And I still love Mike Campbell. Though I won't be sorry if they drop ticket prices a bit because of the lack of Lindsey.
Agree about the Stevie thing. She has either shortened or not toured at all several times for FM. So, putting this on her is just weak. I recall when they toured without Stevie of Lindsey. And I recall complaints that Buckingham always took forever to do an album. Wanting redo after redo after redo of songs. So, go your own way, Lindsey. Ya'll aren't getting younger.
__________________
"Yes, it was a strain on her, watching the castles fall down..."
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-25-2018, 06:55 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
My impression of the try-out for vocalist part was that they brought two people in and (not shockingly) aren't revealing the name of the one they didn't choose. (I was only half-paying attention, though.) Was the interviewer the one to bring it up? I know the band talked about discussing different singers from 27 to 65; probably should have left it at that without mentioning they brought someone else in.
The band didn't say anything about that on camera, Anthony Mason told the CBS hosts that they mentioned auditioning another singer, but that was the extent of it. They also didn't say whether that person wasn't chosen or if he/she declined an offer to join.

I imagine it was Billy Burnette. That would explain how he knew about Lindsey and why he appeared frustrated in his tweets about not being chosen.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-25-2018, 07:44 PM
WatchChain WatchChain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
The band didn't say anything about that on camera, Anthony Mason told the CBS hosts that they mentioned auditioning another singer, but that was the extent of it. They also didn't say whether that person wasn't chosen or if he/she declined an offer to join.

I imagine it was Billy Burnette. That would explain how he knew about Lindsey and why he appeared frustrated in his tweets about not being chosen.
You're right. I think the deal with Mike Campbell was sealed, but they needed a vocalist. They brought in Billy Burnett to play with the Campbell lineup. Of course, it fell flat, just like it did in 87-90. They realized something was missing with Billy Burnett, so Mick called his friend Neil Finn.

I think we were very close to having a Burnett/Campbell lineup added.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-25-2018, 10:34 PM
MaryLiz2 MaryLiz2 is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
The band didn't say anything about that on camera, Anthony Mason told the CBS hosts that they mentioned auditioning another singer, but that was the extent of it. They also didn't say whether that person wasn't chosen or if he/she declined an offer to join.

I imagine it was Billy Burnette. That would explain how he knew about Lindsey and why he appeared frustrated in his tweets about not being chosen.
Re-watched and you're right. I did say in my initial post that I wasn't really paying attention.

My bigger take away was that a split-second clip of Don't Dream it's Over has me all on board with the vocalist they did choose.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-26-2018, 09:23 PM
sasja's Avatar
sasja sasja is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 604
Default

Recording?!?!?! Whahaaahahaahahaaaaaa!

Yeah, right.
Let's please, PLEASE perish that thought. Just in case they are serious.

Now, a Lindsey recording though, I'll line up for!
__________________
Sasja

Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-27-2018, 10:39 AM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Recording?!?!?! Whahaaahahaahahaaaaaa!

Yeah, right.
Let's please, PLEASE perish that thought. Just in case they are serious.

Now, a Lindsey recording though, I'll line up for!
What do you think would sell better- a Lindsey album or a FM album?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-27-2018, 03:20 PM
sasja's Avatar
sasja sasja is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 604
Default

Alright, let's go there. Are we talking without Lindsey B. sales, like "Behind the Mask"?
Because, seriously. And that was in an era when albums still sold.

But, don't take me for a measuring stick, I always have valued Lindsey's craft and artistry highly, and Tusk is the only Mac album I still listen to to this day. I do listen to all his solo work still though!

So to me it is a matter of quality over quantity before all else. And, longevity.
__________________
Sasja

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved