User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchristo View Post
Really. And those pics make it even more clear for me. Eye color is different, forehead size is different. Face structure is much more round in first pic. Cute turned up nose in first pic, not upturned at all in second. Eyes rounder in first. Lips fuller in first. Even if you compare to the photos of her in storms jacket, which is much more recent than the first photo you posted. Just doesn't look like her to me. jmo. Everyone is certainly entitled to think what they want.
I can back Danielle up--it's very definitely her.
Still, I agree with you that it looks nothing like her. Head transplant? I have no idea. Faces tend to thin with age, but this is an extreme case. Other than the face shape, though, the features don't seem absurdly changed--much of it can be chalked up to a professional make-up job and the difference between a deadpan and a smiling face (everyone's lips and eyes narrow with a smile).
Totally altered, but it's very much her and I think she looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I enjoyed the HELL out of her book! It was just plain old trashy fun. I don't really have feelings either way on Carol. I have to say, I do get very annoyed when people automatically dismiss her, though. After all, she was there for the real thing and none of us were. Even if she was a bit nuts, she's got far more cred than ANY of us. Something else to keep in mind: EVERYONE in the Fleetwood Mac circle (including the band members themselves) were also completely insane back in the day. I am not saying Carol should be viewed as a holy figure, but I'm just saying that I really don't think she was any less credible or crazier than anyone else in that era. Meaning, Carol's recollections of that era of FM are just as valid to me as Stevie's, for instance.
Well said, and I completely agree. Every band member's recollections are at least a little fuzzy; I wouldn't expect Carol's perceptions to be 100% clear or truthful, but neither are they invalid. Yeah, she might have been pretty crazy in the 80's, but so too were Stevie and Lindsey and I tend to believe the gist of what she said of both.
And anyway, I think the reason to read Storms is more for the funny little moments of life with the band than anything else, and those must be true. I wasn't interested in the harlequin romance/tragic heroine aspect, but will be forever grateful to Carol Ann for "Not the granny panties, Chris!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline79 View Post
Yeah their was the car incident that Christine apparently witnessed as well as a nasty scene in their hotel room where she makes it sound like their bodyguard knew what had happened. She wrote a 300 something page book about almost 7 years of her life, so I am sure their are incidents that were left out. The frustrating part is that know one will probably ever come out and say what did/did not happen because they don't want to get in the middle of it. If what Carol said is true and even if every band member saw the abuse take place they aren't going to betray LB like that, especially when they are still working together.

I can't stand it when people say she is too self obsessed...she is writing a story about her life! How can she not be self obsessed

I also hope that her loving and taking care of Lindsey is true, which I believe is.

Yet another thing we are on
Ah, the self-obsessed complaint
I have to say, CAH had her work cut out for her. No one was going to buy Storms for the story of CAH--the audience for her memoir was way more interested in Stevie and Lindsey, and apt, I suppose, to deem her an egomaniac. I didn't get self-obsession from her, and agree with you on that, at least.

That said, her writing struck me as self-indulgent. She writes about herself as stock heroine, overcoming hardships and discovering her true light!
That's not necessarily vanity, though--I tend to think she's just not very introspective and fell back on certain literary clichés. A stronger writer could have made herself interesting to even a skeptical audience, but I don't think she fleshed out her own character (or Lindsey's or Stevie's) well enough to pull in her reader. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the book, believe most of it, and think she's probably a decent person--just not much a writer
Old 05-31-2011, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
I can back Danielle up--it's very definitely her.
Still, I agree with you that it looks nothing like her. Head transplant? I have no idea. Faces tend to thin with age, but this is an extreme case. Other than the face shape, though, ...
Thin?? She lost HALF her head! (Maybe that's a good thing...)

I'm not sure how the shape of the face can be so easily dismissed, it's pretty obvious, and I think it's weird but I don't think Dani would misrepresent.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

I'm not sure how the shape of the face can be so easily dismissed, it's pretty obvious, and I think it's weird but I don't think Dani would misrepresent.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you--the change in head shape is bizarre. But I saw what Dani did, and can absolutely back her up: it's Carol Ann.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Epilepsy. But they did a spinal tap to diagnose it, which turned out to be debilitating itself.

We have that one concert video where Lindsey is sick. That's the one where Stevie says, "Lindsey is one strong man" and she rubs his back as they are leaving the stage and Christine takes his guitar from him.

Michele
wait a minute that almost sounds like concern for poor Lindsey, too bad Carol Ann wasnt there too see it. That reminds me too when she wrote about Lindsey being messed up at the award show and wishing someone would help him. Now we see the footage; there is Stevie stopping him from tripping over his own feet and holding him up
Old 05-31-2011, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post

Ah, the self-obsessed complaint
I have to say, CAH had her work cut out for her. No one was going to buy Storms for the story of CAH--the audience for her memoir was way more interested in Stevie and Lindsey, and apt, I suppose, to deem her an egomaniac. I didn't get self-obsession from her, and agree with you on that, at least.

That said, her writing struck me as self-indulgent. She writes about herself as stock heroine, overcoming hardships and discovering her true light!
That's not necessarily vanity, though--I tend to think she's just not very introspective and fell back on certain literary clichés. A stronger writer could have made herself interesting to even a skeptical audience, but I don't think she fleshed out her own character (or Lindsey's or Stevie's) well enough to pull in her reader. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the book, believe most of it, and think she's probably a decent person--just not much a writer
I agree. Nobody read this book because she is a good writer. They read it for the drama, history and gossip. She's going to try and portray herself in the best light possible, and really, who wouldn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

I'm sure she would not misrepresent either. I haven't been around here long enough to really know anyone, but I would hope no one would do that. I guess I am just a very skeptical person. There is just nothing about that picture that reminds me of Carol. And hearing that it is definitely her without getting any other information is hard to believe. Her privacy has already been invaded by the picture being posted so I don't really see how mentioning how the photo came to be would really make a difference.

Hope I am not sounding rude, I really do appreciate it because the CAH story is a whole other obsession of mine. But I have to stop looking because this picture is seriously identical to a 4 year old I know and it is really creeping me out.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryscutter View Post
wait a minute that almost sounds like concern for poor Lindsey, too bad Carol Ann wasnt there too see it. That reminds me too when she wrote about Lindsey being messed up at the award show and wishing someone would help him. Now we see the footage; there is Stevie stopping him from tripping over his own feet and holding him up
Yeah, that award show footage... Man, poor Lindsey. Stevie was so sweet. And CAH never mentioned a word of any of that in her book. I guess it was overshadowed by what happened a few minutes later. I'm just glad that happened backstage and not while they were receiving the award.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sure she would not misrepresent either. I haven't been around here long enough to really know anyone, but I would hope no one would do that. I guess I am just a very skeptical person. There is just nothing about that picture that reminds me of Carol. And hearing that it is definitely her without getting any other information is hard to believe. Her privacy has already been invaded by the picture being posted so I don't really see how mentioning how the photo came to be would really make a difference.
I'm in the same boat only worse. I've only been posting one day. Please don't flame me for giving this opinion. I mean no harm because I know you girls are sweethearts and wouldn't intentionally mislead anyone.

With that said, I think somebody is pulling your leg. You were very well noticed at the show and now someone's using you to disseminate this photo to make it seem credible. I wonder why? You don't have to be that skeptical to see it doesn't look like her at all. Too many differences can't be explained away by saying she lost weight, had plastic surgery, and wears colored contacts.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I found it!

Wow I guess I really didn't look that hard before...

I think she looks great here and looks very much like her younger pictures! Although she does look like she had surgery. Weird thing is, I think in the picture Dani posted it looks like she has had less surgery than in this video. Which doesn't make sense.

This was from 2004 right?

So happy I found it!

Old 06-01-2011, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post

With that said, I think somebody is pulling your leg. You were very well noticed at the show and now someone's using you to disseminate this photo to make it seem credible. I wonder why? You don't have to be that skeptical to see it doesn't look like her at all. Too many differences can't be explained away by saying she lost weight, had plastic surgery, and wears colored contacts.
No one is pulling my leg. I got this from a credible source, not from a Ledgie. I promise you that's her.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
No one is pulling my leg. I got this from a credible source, not from a Ledgie. I promise you that's her.
Oh no, I wasn't saying that anyone on the board was pulling your leg. I'm sure you didn't get it from a Ledgie. Lots of people noticed you at the show. Not just other fans.

I hope you're not offended I'm saying it's not her.

Unless you've met her and also knew her back in the day you have know way of knowing it isn't her.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post
Oh no, I wasn't saying that anyone on the board was pulling your leg. I'm sure you didn't get it from a Ledgie. Lots of people noticed you at the show. Not just other fans.

I hope you're not offended I'm saying it's not her.

Unless you've met her and also knew her back in the day you have know way of knowing it isn't her.

Just thought I'd give other Ledgies a rare and interesting photo of a very interesting member of the Fleetwood Mac world. You can believe me or not, but again, trust me-- it is DEFINITELY her. I would never post a photo like this if I wasn't near-certain.

To me, they look near-identical. She's gotten thinner and it seems her lip injections are gone now, but other than that, it's the same person to me.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I'm definitely not offended. The footage from '04 even gave me momentary doubts. But believe me, the info being incorrect would be approximately as weird as CAH having had the world's first head transplant

Now, I always hate it when other ledgies go all, "I know something you don't know," so since I really don't think I can say anything more, I'm just going to back away...
Old 06-01-2011, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 06-01-2011, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Weight loss, no makeup, aged, possibly reversed lip injections. Same person.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Lindsey still looks better.