Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

UT-OH kirsten has that deer in the headlights look
forget the pears, have you seen the pants?!!

Old 12-13-2010, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post

Her face seems very symetrical. I like the top, and the pants are fashionable, people. My Grandmother has a problem with high waisted pants, imagine that, she's in her 70's and from the 1940's, and enjoys lower pants. She thinks high waists are outdated . I would never wear them, unless I was feeling really enthusiatic. but hey, whatever floats a person's boat.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
Her face seems very symetrical. I like the top, and the pants are fashionable, people. My Grandmother has a problem with high waisted pants, imagine that, she's in her 70's and from the 1940's, and enjoys lower pants. She thinks high waists are outdated . I would never wear them, unless I was feeling really enthusiatic. but hey, whatever floats a person's boat.
it isn't even the highwaist! it's the weirdness over her muffind hips and the gathering around the tummy and groin region.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
If you have ever had the Harry & David pears, you would know that they wouldn't be thrown about on the floor in some kind of random interior designer's whimsical excuse for decorating. Those suckers would be scarfed down in seconds! DE-LISH!!
I've had them when I got fruit of the month one year. I think they had pears in at least 3 of the months. A couple of different varieties. They tasted ok, but my household didn't eat them all. Didn't throw them on the floor either, though. I'll tell you what we really enjoyed: the grapefruit!

Michele
Old 12-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I've had them when I got fruit of the month one year. I think they had pears in at least 3 of the months. A couple of different varieties. They tasted ok, but my household didn't eat them all. Didn't throw them on the floor either, though. I'll tell you what we really enjoyed: the grapefruit!

Michele
Really?! Wow - I thought they were the best pears I had ever tasted. Not a big grapefruit fan myself.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Everyone know it's tacky to use real fruit in massive quantities as decoration (I imagine my dog scrarfing down all those pears and that white couch going right in the dumpster when she was done...digesting).

Kristen needed design lessons from my Grandma B (God rest her soul). Sequined fruit! Just a few for that subtle, Vegas-y effect.

Really, I was mentioning to friends the other day that I totally can't picture Lindsey living in that house. I know he does and he must really, really, REALLY love her but it's so un-Lindsey with all the schmatta all over the place and mismatched everything.

Love is patient...
Old 12-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Everyone know it's tacky to use real fruit in massive quantities as decoration (I imagine my dog scrarfing down all those pears and that white couch going right in the dumpster when she was done...digesting).

Kristen needed design lessons from my Grandma B (God rest her soul). Sequined fruit! Just a few for that subtle, Vegas-y effect.

Really, I was mentioning to friends the other day that I totally can't picture Lindsey living in that house. I know he does and he must really, really, REALLY love her but it's so un-Lindsey with all the schmatta all over the place and mismatched everything.

Love is patient...
That's probably why she has a store now.... she can decorate her showrooms all she wants.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Love is patient...
Or lazy. Hey, the man will let you sew moons and stars on his jeans and decorate the area around his mattress with artificial flowers if you otherwise leave him alone.

Michele
Old 12-21-2010, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

As long as she leaves his studio alone, He could probably care less about how the rest of the house looks!!!!
Old 12-21-2010, 09:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
As long as she leaves his studio alone, He could probably care less about how the rest of the house looks!!!!
One should hope! Although, I swear if I hear any funny rattling and humming noises on Lindsey's new album, I will assume it's because of some some tacked up wooden slice of flea market Americana vibrating against the wall.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Or lazy. Hey, the man will let you sew moons and stars on his jeans and decorate the area around his mattress with artificial flowers if you otherwise leave him alone.

Michele
Don't forget that he'll let you cover a mattress on the floor with vintage sheets and write songs while sitting on it (among many other thing )

You can add me on Facebook
Old 12-21-2010, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
any funny rattling and humming noises on Lindsey's new album, I will assume it's because of some some tacked up wooden slice of flea market Americana vibrating against the wall.
or maybe the sound of pears rolling all over the floor...
Old 12-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post

I pride myself in being somewhat of a fashionista. I fully understand that high-waisted pants are somewhat of a closet staple for a "classic" wardrobe, but for someone who isn't extremely tall they just don't look as appealing. I always picture Katherine Hepburn rocking them exactly right. Kristen is trying but it just doesn't come off as flawlessly. Oh well. Even though her outfit isn't cute and she looks stiff and a bit like she's sucking in her gut or something, I do think she's a naturally pretty woman and that is all the kind words I have for this thread. Her designs aren't my cup of tea, or atleast her store designs...
Old 12-22-2010, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I pride myself in being somewhat of a fashionista. I fully understand that high-waisted pants are somewhat of a closet staple for a "classic" wardrobe, but for someone who isn't extremely tall they just don't look as appealing. I always picture Katherine Hepburn rocking them exactly right. Kristen is trying but it just doesn't come off as flawlessly. Oh well. Even though her outfit isn't cute and she looks stiff and a bit like she's sucking in her gut or something, I do think she's a naturally pretty woman and that is all the kind words I have for this thread. Her designs aren't my cup of tea, or atleast her store designs...
I think Kristen looks great in those pants, which are not exactly the most forgiving kind of pants either. I just find it rather odd that her personal style is at the other end of the spectrum from her decorating style. She styles herself like some kind of uptown Park Avenue trophy wife when she probably should really be doing the whole boho or bobo look- jeggings, platform boots an origami top, oversized accessories, etc. She should look more Brooklyn and less Bergdorf!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This Style Court blog looked at Kristen's show room, January 11, 2011:

http://stylecourt.blogspot.com/2011/...uckingham.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front door.jpg (38.0 KB, 10 views)