The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But, but, but, I REALLY wanted a new FM album.................

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 10-26-2010, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
blame stevie

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
blame stevie
To blame Stevie would be a bit wrong, really. She's entitled to her own career and her own music. And we all know by now that the dynamic of the band has never been perfect. It's never down to one person that the time just isn't right. I mean, if the rumours are true, then Lindsey's been just as busy. Plus he has his young family to cope with, as does Mick and John has his Daughter to give his time to. The band has far more commitment to things outside of the band than they did before.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
To blame Stevie would be a bit wrong, really. She's entitled to her own career and her own music. And we all know by now that the dynamic of the band has never been perfect. It's never down to one person that the time just isn't right. I mean, if the rumours are true, then Lindsey's been just as busy. Plus he has his young family to cope with, as does Mick and John has his Daughter to give his time to. The band has far more commitment to things outside of the band than they did before.
Jeez, I have "commitments to things outside" of my job, but can I just tell my boss "no I have a grandson I have to give my time to, I'll be back to work when I damn well feel like it's 'time' to". No. Get the f*** back to work people...Fleetwood Mac is your livelihood. You're either musicians or your not. If not, announce it to the world that Fleetwood Mac is once & for all DEAD, and stop torturing your fans.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Jeez, I have "commitments to things outside" of my job, but can I just tell my boss "no I have a grandson I have to give my time to, I'll be back to work when I damn well feel like it's 'time' to". No. Get the f*** back to work people...Fleetwood Mac is your livelihood. You're either musicians or your not. If not, announce it to the world that Fleetwood Mac is once & for all DEAD, and stop torturing your fans.
I may be wrong but didn't Fleetwood Mac tour last year, does that not count as work
Old 10-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Last time I checked, Fleetwood Mac wasn't a nine to five. And yes, they did tour last year. That's activity. Just because they're not releasing an album every year doesn't make them unproductive.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
For what it's worth, this fan would rather have a Lindsey solo album and tour than an FM album and tour. Though that says just as much about me as them, I suppose. Either way, with Stevie already putting out an album and this news, they're both contributing to their livelihood and status as musicians.

That said, how is that Nickslive link considered a confirmation of anything? It's just a rehash of the news already out there. I would imagine if the man wanted to confirm anything at this point, he had a perfect channel with which to do so this morning and he chose not to for whatever reason.

Last edited by bucklind17; 10-26-2010 at 06:10 PM..
Old 10-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When 3 people want to do a Mac album and one person doesn't, I blame that one person. She should have used Dave Stewart to get some writing done (he seems to have that affect on people, e.g., Bryan Ferry)--and then, like Ferry, take those songs to geniuses (e.g., Rhett Davies or THE MAC)--and make a great album out of it. I am only assuming, but I do assume, that Lindsey put together a solo album because he wasn't gonna twiddle his thumbs waiting and/or he had gotten some material ready for a Mac album; either way, this productivity could have been folded into the Mac as well. I feel it's our loss because they don't work with better musicians than John and Mick and because Stevie and Lindsey improve each others' songs (by virtue of their work on those songs and by virtue of their placement next to each other on one disc...and by virtue of the band's selective process for the tracklisting). PLUS, I'd rather see them on tour again than see them solo. So I blame Stevie. Others might thank her! But I agree with chili, it's time to put up or shut up with these two/four.

DID I MENTION: I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE LINDSEY ALBUM!!!???!!!????

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey didn't totally rule out an FM album. He said they would probably record something (although that's wishful thinking on his part. He's been saying that since the SYW tour ended). Even though he left that hope open, we know it's unlikely. If they plan to tour in 2012, and SnL are doing solo stuff in 2011, they aren't going to have time to make a new album, in the limited space in between.

He's a nut. He thinks he has more freedom with Christine gone, but he has less. If she was there and she was game for a new album, we'd have one. Stevie would follow the tide. If Mick, Lindsey and Chris were on the same page, then we'd have the other 2 in the bag. Lindsey should want Christine back (in the recording studio, I know she won't tour) more than anyone, if he wants new FM music.

Michele
Old 10-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchen View Post
Y E S!!!!!
So what are the chances I won't have to wait in the pass the line line at the HOB?

I don't care what type of album it is, I'm just happy there's something from both him and Stevie.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Or maybe we shouldn't be surprised if/when all of LB's songs are hijacked/intervened/rolled over into a new Fleetwood Mac album...just sayin'.

PS - But how great would it be - my dream year - new SN, new LB, FM tour, AND BN released!!!! (ok, that's dreaming for sure!)
Old 10-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
yeah, sometimes I'm mildly angry about the fact that more time has gone by since the release of Say You Will since there was between The Dance and SYW.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
yeah, sometimes I'm mildly angry about the fact that more time has gone by since the release of Say You Will since there was between The Dance and SYW.
I've never thought of it in those terms before. Depressing. Though I can honestly say I'd far prefer more Buckingham and Nicks solo albums than another disjointed Mac album like Say You Will.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Supporting Ledgie

I kinda like them all equally. Although I'd like to think that the next Fleetwood Mac album would be less of a mess than SYW.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
LOL
seeing him solo tour again!!!!!!!
this is going to be so f'in amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!
im totally ampd! STOPDROPROLL...IM ON FIRE!!!!!
Perhaps another date for you and I? It's been too lon since I've seen you my friend!