User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I don't know who Carrie Underwood is, but the name American Idol doesn't immediately scream "Listen!" at me.
Carrie Underwood is a crappy, no-talent country singer. You may have heard her recent, obnoxious hit "Before He Cheats" on the radio.

Yeah, not thrilled about this pairing to say the least.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniLindsey View Post
How could anybody ever drop this low?

I don't think Lindsey needs career advice from anyone. And I don't consider him dueting with a top recording star (whether you like her or not) as a lowlight of his career.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
I don't think Lindsey needs career advice from anyone. And I don't consider him dueting with a top recording star (whether you like her or not) as a lowlight of his career.

well, I do.
until he blows my mind with an uncanny heartwrenching duet that sets HER career in a 100 percent new light.

until then: leftfield-boutique-push the envelope dumbass.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And I don't consider him dueting with a top recording star (whether you like her or not) as a lowlight of his career.
The low of his career was probably when he did the remake of Jimmy Loves Mary Anne as an early '80s synth-bubblegum cheese spread with somebody named Josie Cotton, who hasn't exactly left her mark on the art form (she doesn't even make the "Who's Who" of who?). They took a great song & eviscerated it.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The low of his career was probably when he did the remake of Jimmy Loves Mary Anne as an early '80s synth-bubblegum cheese spread with somebody named Josie Cotton, who hasn't exactly left her mark on the art form (she doesn't even make the "Who's Who" of who?). They took a great song & eviscerated it.
Well, then, David...
You've proved my point. It's all uphill from there
Old 09-02-2007, 11:02 PM
takenbythesky
This message has been deleted by takenbythesky.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Ew. He covered Jimmy Loves Mary Anne? That's news to me.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Ew. He covered Jimmy Loves Mary Anne? That's news to me.
He just played guitar on it, I think. I didn't notice any vocals that sounded like his.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
See, I look at this as a complete betrayal of everything he claims to have stood for over the last 28 years. The Lindsey that made "Tusk" would so have THIS Lindsey's clock cleaned for doing something like this. Hey, why don't we dig up somebody who won the Gong Show back in the '70s and have Lindsey do a duet with that person too?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-04-2007, 03:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
See, I look at this as a complete betrayal of everything he claims to have stood for over the last 28 years. The Lindsey that made "Tusk" would so have THIS Lindsey's clock cleaned for doing something like this. Hey, why don't we dig up somebody who won the Gong Show back in the '70s and have Lindsey do a duet with that person too?
I tend to agree here. Well, he might as well start recording Rumours II right now!

Old 09-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

lol. you two are like chicken little. is the sky really falling? he's seriously ****ing sold out now... he's doing a duet of his most famous song live ONE TIME! oh noooeeeessssss.

jeeeeezus christ. i hope he NEVER EVER EVER gets invited to do ANYTHING ever again. i hate it when my favorite artist participates in events. i wish he would just stay at home where he can't be seen or heard for another 15 years.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
lol. you two are like chicken little. is the sky really falling? he's seriously ****ing sold out now... he's doing a duet of his most famous song live ONE TIME! oh noooeeeessssss.

jeeeeezus christ. i hope he NEVER EVER EVER gets invited to do ANYTHING ever again. i hate it when my favorite artist participates in events. i wish he would just stay at home where he can't be seen or heard for another 15 years.
Heh, I'd rather he stay home than do something with Carrie Underwood. Really.

In all honesty, I'm somewhere in the middle. I don't mind him doing these big attention-seeking shows, but I do take issue with Lindsey hooking up with the most commercial chick available, mostly because of the stuff he's been saying... well, almost all his career. When I watch it I'll just cover up Carrie with my hand and pretend it's Jana screeching through the song.

Last edited by danax6; 09-04-2007 at 10:48 AM..
Old 09-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You're right sarah. I just watched his was it Conan?- Shut Us Down he did recently, with that gutsy different bandarrangement. Of course he hasn't sold out. But nevertheless it's a sellout!

Old 09-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post

You're right sarah. I just watched his was it Conan?- Shut Us Down he did recently, with that gutsy different bandarrangement. Of course he hasn't sold out. But nevertheless it's a sellout!
That arrangement on Ellen as well? I don't believe I caught the Conan thing.

I effing loved the Ellen performance of SUD. I was so proud of him for that... it really did make me love him more.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
In all honesty, I'm somewhere in the middle. I don't mind him doing these big attention-seeking shows, but I do take issue with Lindsey hooking up with the most commercial chick available, mostly because of the stuff he's been saying... well, almost all his career. When I watch it I'll just cover up Carrie with my hand and pretend it's Jana screeching through the song.
I guess that's kind of where I fall off the fence a little bit. It doesnt bother me that he's hooking up with her for it, because I bet it wasn't his choice to make. I mean, I think my point of view would be a bit different if it was like Lindsey walked into CBS and said, "oh hay guys, can i play with that american idol girl to boost my visibility?"

If I had to guess, they signed Carrie Underwood on to do this thing, with the catch being she has to perform a classic rock song (ala Desperado during the tribute to the Eagles at the Grammy's). Somebody probably suggested GYOW from the Main Stream Classic Rock Encyclopedia, and it fit her voice. And then it's just, hey, we're paying rights to have her do this song anyway, so why don't you come play it? You get travel, we'll set you up lavishly for a few days, and you'll get a nice swag bag to take home to the wife.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That arrangement on Ellen as well? I don't believe I caught the Conan thing.

I effing loved the Ellen performance of SUD. I was so proud of him for that... it really did make me love him more.
He was particularly spectacular on Conan.

You know, if doing the commercial stuff (and I include FM endeavors in that) gives him the financial independence and record company backing to be able to indulge his more esoteric side, then I'm all for it. If Warner Bros. or his P. R. people are having him do this stuff in exchange for getting a second album produced that will probably sell just 15,000 copies, then I think it's a small price to pay.

I mean, it's like George Clooney . . . Do the Oceans movies because they give you the ability to do Good Night and Good Luck. I don't think either's a move that would have Murrow turning over in his grave.

Michele