The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: 2016 - what will LB do?
FM album will finally come out in 2015, wrapping up current FM activities before the start of 2016 18 54.55%
tour solo in 2016 10 30.30%
work on new solo album in 2016 13 39.39%
work with other non-FM related artists on their projects in 2016 2 6.06%
take a year off in 2016 4 12.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2015, 04:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Bumped the dust off this one, as we're only days away from the
new year.

After that last glass of champagne for New Years, he'd better
have a plan to drag that blonde back into the studio and get
things finished. Pronto!

A wish list for the album of 2016...

1. No whispering (Lindsey).
2. Inspired playing (Lindsey).
3. No blah, bland monotonous songs (Stevie).
4. A decent sounding hit song without syrup (Christine).
5. A new and memorable bass riff ('77 is a long time ago John).
6. Exercise Mick, those drums won't play themselves.

And a super duper deluxe box set of the new album.
With vinyl, blu ray audio, and a decent collection of
new photos of the 2016 version of the Mac.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:42 AM
Ledgie

A Fleetwood Mac EP or LP is not going to be released this year. The band needs to make decisions in regards to recording and touring.

Lindsey can easily release EPs and LPs. He has more material that a single Fleetwood Mac or solo release could handle. He could release a solo LP in the spring, tour in the summer, then focus on Fleetwood Mac in the fall and 2017.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy

It's so depressing that this thread was started a year ago, and essentially none of the options on the poll came to pass. It's making me question what we can realistically expect for 2016, too. Will Stevie cave and agree to a FM album? Will she insist on doing some solo stuff first? If so, how long will that take? Will Lindsey just sit around and wait for that to conclude? Or will he return to the studio with Christine, and hope that Stevie will join them? I think the one option I just can't see happening is Lindsey returning to his solo career; at least not while the prospect of a Mac album is still a glimmer of a hope. It's beginning to look like 2016 might be a non-event in the Mac world...
Old 12-30-2015, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
It's so depressing that this thread was started a year ago, and essentially none of the options on the poll came to pass. It's making me question what we can realistically expect for 2016, too. Will Stevie cave and agree to a FM album? Will she insist on doing some solo stuff first? If so, how long will that take? Will Lindsey just sit around and wait for that to conclude? Or will he return to the studio with Christine, and hope that Stevie will join them? I think the one option I just can't see happening is Lindsey returning to his solo career; at least not while the prospect of a Mac album is still a glimmer of a hope. It's beginning to look like 2016 might be a non-event in the Mac world...
i agree with you on the depressing part. always funny (and gloomy!!) to read these predictions from a while ago, only to discover things basically didn't move an inch in all the time that passed in between.

however, i really hope you are wrong about the bolded part - if history from the last few years can teach us anything, that's exactly what LB did each time when they started on an FM project and SN dragged her feet - he did another solo project while waiting.

i can't imagine him going into studio with Christine and adding even more songs than they already have since he knows they will not let him put out a double album. so why not take some of those songs he accumulated in all the years waiting for Nicks (plus we know he worked on additional songs both on the tour and during breaks they had), put some of them out as a solo project and do a short tour?

it seems pretty obvious that FM album if it somehow does materialize and [completely unlikely] come out in 2016 would have to be towards the end of the year, so there is plenty of time for SN to tour solo and LB to do several solo projects.

unless LB and Christine would do something together?! i would be definitely interested in that project (but not see it happening at all)!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-30-2015, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Lindsey can easily release EPs and LPs. He has more material that a single Fleetwood Mac or solo release could handle. He could release a solo LP in the spring, tour in the summer, then focus on Fleetwood Mac in the fall and 2017.
sounds like a nice plan to me!

i'm thinking if he tours this year, late summer / early fall schedule could work.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-05-2016, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish he and Christine would keep plugging away at new music together and come up with enough for a whole Mac album and a side project. But I'll take anything by Lindsey. I'm assuming all his energies are channeled on the new Mac album, which has already been 1.5 years in the making.