The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-14-2014, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A couple thoughts...for one, I too am not convinced this is legitimate. I remember for the 2009 tour, there were these handwritten setlists that were being posted on the net and then put on the ledge which turned out to be fakes. These were the ones that had "Sisters" written and crossed out a variety of times and there was a couple of new ones each week that allegedly showed the setlist evolving as rehearsals continued. On the other hand, I could absolutely see this setlist being legitimate because it follows so many Fleetwood Mac patterns!
  • I could see You Make Loving Fun as the second slot. It's upbeat, very well known, and gets Christine right in everyones face at the top of the show. I actually much prefer the Chain/YMLF 1-2 punch than Chain/Dreams!
  • The setlist is so predictible that it actually begs to have been written by this band. Right down to essentially following much of the structure of last years tour. This is vintage FM, despite the band personnel changing from tour to tour.
  • I could absolutely live without Everywhere, I Know I'm Not Wrong, even Rhiannon. Substitue in Hold Me or Isn't it Midnight, What Makes You Think You're the One, and Angel or Seven Wonders or I Don't Want to Know and I'd be better about it!
  • Absolutely surprised if Stevie does Sisters of the Moon again. Sadly, it will be the same arrangement as last year despite Christine's presence. They are playing it very similar to the studio version and seemingly don't recall, or don't care to recall, how they played it live from '78-'82.
  • Please please please let Little Lies be true!!!! I was 6 and loved everything about this song when it came out. It was, by far, my first recallable Fleetwood Mac experience and to be able to hear it live by the full band would make every dollar I spent on my ticket worth it!
  • No Stand Back!? I'll believe that when I see it, but, maybe they decided no solo songs. I always wondered back in '97 what prompted her to put Stand Back in the set. During The Dance filming they didn't play it, and that long 4 part interview that was posted of the 5 of them, she was specifically asked if she would be playing any solo songs during the tour, to which she replied, "no." I would be shocked if this song was out..
  • Don't Stop/GYOW absolutely doesn't follow pattern, but it's doable and would work.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If the leak is true, I can live with it. Yeah, I yearned for Why and Green Manalishi, but didn't really in my heart of hearts expect them. It's the Mac, and Christine's back. That's enough for me....Yeah, the band at the moment is really a touring West End/Broadway production but they've got to keep the casual concert-goers happy. Little Lies? yeah maybe "written by a robot" but it was my gateway to the band and all its historic musical wealth in 1987, so I'll take it. Brown Eyes? I'm ecstatic. No Stand Back? This had better be true...

Maybe things will change and the new album will be out by the time they hit London, where I am. This really is their last chance to nail a killer album. Have faith!

Last edited by Mr Scarrott; 09-14-2014 at 08:43 AM..
Old 09-14-2014, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
  • Absolutely surprised if Stevie does Sisters of the Moon again. Sadly, it will be the same arrangement as last year despite Christine's presence. They are playing it very similar to the studio version and seemingly don't recall, or don't care to recall, how they played it live from '78-'82.
I don't think last year's Sisters was like the studio version. It never quite rocks out which the studio version does do. I think the Tusk tour version is most like the studio version.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
And Stevie will do the barking noises.
I'd like to hear Stevie comment about Holiday Road. I'd be interested in her opinion.

This reminds me when Cory said that they would always try to get Lindsey to do Trouble during the FM warm up sessions, but he never would. I think he gave in a couple of times just to placate her.

Michele
Old 09-14-2014, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

However, I will say, that I am incredibly surprised that Sisters of the Moon is making another return. But I don't think it is coming back because Stevie wants it back. I think it's coming back because Stevie probably didn't have a lot of rehearsal time with everything going on for 24k Gold. So she probably thought "well, I'll just do SOTM again for my deep cut." What I HOPE happens is she draws it out longer, makes it the rocker that it needs to be. Maybe Christine inspired them to alter the arrangement. The 2013 rendition was simply awful. I mean, it was really bad.

I Know I'm Not Wrong is SUPER lazy. He has played it to death. There are so many more fun choices from him. I was concerned when "Not that Funny" and "Eyes of the World" came back last year. I was bummed, actually. Super lazy. Blue Letter? Hello!

The highlight of this set will be Christine. The highlight of the whole show will be Christine. But they will all benefit from the 3rd singer. I think Stevie's voice will improve, she may even take more risks.

What I HOPE and THINK will happen is an extended version of this list. We can't see the whole thing and the other "official" posting seems bogus to me. I think all three of them will have 8 songs + Chain and WT. For Chris I think it will be Oh Daddy, Stevie: Stand Back, and who knows with Lindsey. Maybe something new?

However, I am excited about "You Make Loving Fun," absolutely one of my all time favorite Mac songs and simply a blast live. I remember seeing a video from the dance tour at the very end of the song the stage lights would shine in on Christine for those final notes and it seemed so exciting! I think it's awesome that "The Chain" is back in the opening slot. I would KILL to be in Minneapolis for opening night. I bet the crowd is going to go nuts when Christine comes out!
Old 09-14-2014, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now before I post this, let me say that I adore this band to this day. I check this website, facebook, twitter, instagram every day even to get the slightest new tidbit on the band and what they are up to. I IDOLIZE them and I will until their final days.

BUTTTTT

Fleetwood Mac no longer sounds like Fleetwood Mac. This has nothing to do with their ability to play and sing. This isn't an issue. It's their complete and utter relucatance to change anything in the slightest. Even Lindsey Buckingham, my idol, the one who I thought put Stevie to shame with his onstage diversity has become stale. That "So Afraid" solo hasn't changed in 10 years.

The Chain, Gypsy, So Afraid, GYOW, Don't Stop, Rhiannon, Landslide...everything is the same at each and every show, every note, every guitar lick. When they did "Say You Love Me" in 2009, I was ELATED because it sounded like FLEETWOOD MAC. I just wish, if they are going to play the SAME SONGS every time, they could change the arrangement. Hell, a new shawl from Stevie, or an extended guitar solo from Lindsey...ANYTHING.

I love them, I always will, I'll pay to go to every show that I can reasonably drive to, but it just kills me to see them do the same act, when they have so much potential. Gift of Screws, In Your Dreams, Lindsey's One Man Show (Stephanie/Rock Away Blind) were breaths of fresh air for FM fans. New songs on album and onstage. The thought of seeing another year of "Gypsy," "The Chain," and "So Afraid" with the same arrangement makes me a little sad. But I'm there for Christine, ill be there jumping up and down and screaming along to every word.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'd like to hear Stevie comment about Holiday Road. I'd be interested in her opinion.

This reminds me when Cory said that they would always try to get Lindsey to do Trouble during the FM warm up sessions, but he never would. I think he gave in a couple of times just to placate her.

Michele
I have a Mirage Rehearsal of Trouble. Christine's keyboards are classic.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would love to hear that.

It would be cool if they do 24-25 songs on this set list but I'm only expecting 22.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:51 PM
Registered

Quote:
Do share! Anything else from the Mirage Rehearsal that's rare?
Old 09-14-2014, 05:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

I know most of you are probably sick of Landslide, but I'm a younger fan (23) and potentially going to the show in Chicago and would LOVE to see my favorite song performed live. So I'm hoping it makes the cut. I saw Stevie with Don Henley in 2005 and she did a lot of her FM songs, but Landslide wasn't one of 'em (was still an awesome show though.)
Old 09-14-2014, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh, I'm sure there will be one surprise song no matter what. Maybe 2.

I wouldn't expect it to be announced beforehand.

Michele
The only surprise I see is that there is no surprise at all. Christine rejoining the band was the only surprise. If the band took a poll to get a feel for what songs loyal fans would like them to perform, it would be a very different set. At the very least it would have given them some insight and ideas to update and restructure the show. For them, they probably think that following The Chain with You Make Loving Fun instead of Dreams is a radical departure. They're like old people who are not bothered to be wearing the same clothes day after day, year after year.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-14-2014 at 06:16 PM..
Old 09-14-2014, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsfrk View Post
It'll be cool to have Christine on World Turning again
Yes indeed. And how about her playing the accordion on Tusk or closing the show with Songbird, just to mention a few.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Now before I post this, let me say that I adore this band to this day. I check this website, facebook, twitter, instagram every day even to get the slightest new tidbit on the band and what they are up to. I IDOLIZE them and I will until their final days.

BUTTTTT

Fleetwood Mac no longer sounds like Fleetwood Mac. This has nothing to do with their ability to play and sing. This isn't an issue. It's their complete and utter relucatance to change anything in the slightest. Even Lindsey Buckingham, my idol, the one who I thought put Stevie to shame with his onstage diversity has become stale. That "So Afraid" solo hasn't changed in 10 years.

The Chain, Gypsy, So Afraid, GYOW, Don't Stop, Rhiannon, Landslide...everything is the same at each and every show, every note, every guitar lick. When they did "Say You Love Me" in 2009, I was ELATED because it sounded like FLEETWOOD MAC. I just wish, if they are going to play the SAME SONGS every time, they could change the arrangement. Hell, a new shawl from Stevie, or an extended guitar solo from Lindsey...ANYTHING.

I love them, I always will, I'll pay to go to every show that I can reasonably drive to, but it just kills me to see them do the same act, when they have so much potential. Gift of Screws, In Your Dreams, Lindsey's One Man Show (Stephanie/Rock Away Blind) were breaths of fresh air for FM fans. New songs on album and onstage. The thought of seeing another year of "Gypsy," "The Chain," and "So Afraid" with the same arrangement makes me a little sad. But I'm there for Christine, ill be there jumping up and down and screaming along to every word.
I know it's only one song but Lindsey did loosen up a little bit on Chain last year with that extra little guitar lick in-between the bass section and the "Chain, keep us together" lines. It at least surprised the hell out of me anyway.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
They're like old people who are not bothered to be wearing the same clothes day after day, year after year.
There's no LIKE about it. They are, at least insofar as stage clothes go, lol.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 09-14-2014, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Whatever the set list may be, I'm not going to regret spending the money I did, I'm still really excited about Christine. I never thought I would get to see all five.