The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Soon happy my both Amsterdam-concerts were general admission, so mr. Buckingham had to stare at an 45-year old , short, 50-shades of greyhaired guy, with a little overweight at least one night :-)

At these concerts there were lot's of 'young' people, so to pull some young people (and hey, even an 65 year old loves young blondes) would not be that difficicult.

I guess the band just want's enthusiastic, responsive people to play for. In Antwerp I was in the tiers and there where numbered seats on the floor as well (have said it before just don't get it), ALL of the people there kept sitting almost the entire show. Only a small crowd in front of the stage had a ball ... so why not script that as well as the rest of the show?

Yeah, the 'I paid a lot for these tickets' arguments. I understand, but if you paid to be seated all the time. Just buy the DVD!
Old 06-18-2015, 03:57 PM
Ledgie

Could be worse. At Billy Joel gigs they don't sell the front 2 rows. It was originally to stop rich folks taking them up because they could, and not being exactly enthusiastic. So the road crew go to the cheap seats and hand out tickets, but Billy Joel's road crew being all men, those 2 rows go solely to attractive young woman and maybe the odd boyfriend. Billy's even admitted that this happens!

But yeah back to the point, at the gig the other night it was front row only. The last 2 times it was a bit more free roam. Not quite sure what's made them make that decision this tour!
Old 06-19-2015, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone call the wife!
Old 06-19-2015, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post

Yeah, the 'I paid a lot for these tickets' arguments. I understand, but if you paid to be seated all the time. Just buy the DVD!
There is no dvd of this concert. No DVD of all 5 since 1997. So, I can understand people paying good money to be seated and have a great view of the reunited Fleetwood Mac.

Michele
Old 06-19-2015, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtkad View Post
Could be worse. At Billy Joel gigs they don't sell the front 2 rows. It was originally to stop rich folks taking them up because they could, and not being exactly enthusiastic. So the road crew go to the cheap seats and hand out tickets, but Billy Joel's road crew being all men, those 2 rows go solely to attractive young woman and maybe the odd boyfriend. Billy's even admitted that this happens!

But yeah back to the point, at the gig the other night it was front row only. The last 2 times it was a bit more free roam. Not quite sure what's made them make that decision this tour!
I like the part of not selling the 2 front rows and giving them to the fans. That's a great idea. During Stevie's 1998 Enchanted tour was the only time I paid a fortune for the first few rows. There was a couple in front of me that left halfway through the concert like they were bored or something.
But I got to touch BOTH of Stevie's hands so the money was well worth it
Old 04-17-2018, 02:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Well.... now with Lindsey gone maybe we will see the end of this, was always annoying to pay large sums of $$ for front row tickets only to have 'Mr Clean' bring other members of audience up and put them right at the stage ...
Old 04-17-2018, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Well.... now with Lindsey gone maybe we will see the end of this, was always annoying to pay large sums of $$ for front row tickets only to have 'Mr Clean' bring other members of audience up and put them right at the stage ...
So funny that this thread has reared its ugly head again! "Mr. Clean"

I was thinking about this the other day. Too funny.

Jamie
Old 04-17-2018, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
So funny that this thread has reared its ugly head again! "Mr. Clean"

I was thinking about this the other day. Too funny.

Jamie
Jamie, you know i love you girl, but you've been kinda trolling the last few days.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-17-2018, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Jamie, you know i love you girl, but you've been kinda trolling the last few days.
That's the first time anyone's ever told me I was "trolling".
Maybe I've been spending too much time on the Ledge lately. I can't help it though, it's all the Fleetwood Mac news - I can't stay away!

Truly sorry if I've offended anyone including you, Elle. I mean no harm.

Last edited by jkmaletic; 04-17-2018 at 06:31 PM..
Old 04-17-2018, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel like this thread's title is a lot funnier that it probably gets credit for.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
I feel like this thread's title is a lot funnier that it probably gets credit for.
It really is... I chuckled when I saw it pop back up.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Not gonna lie - my first thought when I heard that LB was fired was “oh ****, guess I won’t be brought up to the front anymore”. Gonna miss all those nights at his mic stand. He was so sweet to us girls every time, I’ll always cherish those memories.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I was in my 30s and not hot, but I managed to slip in with you guys because I knew where you gathered, and I never got sent back - I think he was embarrassed to say "No, Lindsey only wants women younger and prettier than you up front" because then he would have to explain why and it would have been oh-so-awkward, lol. I will miss it, too, but I always did feel a little weird taking advantage of it. Not weird enough not to do it, though...

Old 04-18-2018, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Not gonna lie - my first thought when I heard that LB was fired was “oh ****, guess I won’t be brought up to the front anymore”. Gonna miss all those nights at his mic stand. He was so sweet to us girls every time, I’ll always cherish those memories.
He was really good to my friends too. During some of Stevie's longer speeches he'd sit on his speaker and chat with them.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
He was really good to my friends too. During some of Stevie's longer speeches he'd sit on his speaker and chat with them.
Nothing says "exciting" in a show, like someone giving such a long speech that the other performers have time to go sit and chat with fans.