User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-10-2013, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Former Fleetwood Mac manager has a surprise for Noosa

10th Aug 2013 8:21 AM

DENNIS Dunstan may be planning a move from Noosa back to the United States, but he has at least one surprise for us before he goes.

The man who managed legendary rock group Fleetwood Mac for more than 17 years wants to show the band the Sunshine Coast when it tours Australia in November.

Mr Dunstan counts the band's founder Mick Fleetwood as one of his dearest and oldest friends.

Fleetwood lives in Hawaii and "just loves the beach and great food".

"I'm anxious to show off everything Noosa has to offer before I head to Nashville in December," he said.

After 10 years living in Noosa's hinterland, Mr Dunstan is heading to the US to rekindle his career.

After living in America and managing Fleetwood Mac, and having close associations with Men at Work, INXS and Air Supply, Mr Dunstan and his Dutch wife Desiree moved back to Australia in 2003.

They brought daughters Crimson and Ava with them.

"I sacrificed a lot but didn't want my girls growing up in LA," he said, "... not the ideal place to raise kids."

With Crimson in her second year of university and Ava soon to graduate from Sunshine Beach High School, it was time to head out.

Mr Dunstan manages Australia's top country rock group McAlister Kemp, which has just returned from Nashville after recording its third album.

"This was my fourth trip there this year and with many more to come, it has become increasingly clear that I need to be there on a more permanent basis," Mr Dunstan said.

Click on link for photo
http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...or-No/1979209/
Old 08-10-2013, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
10th Aug 2013 8:21 AM

DENNIS Dunstan may be planning a move from Noosa back to the United States, but he has at least one surprise for us before he goes.

The man who managed legendary rock group Fleetwood Mac for more than 17 years wants to show the band the Sunshine Coast when it tours Australia in November.

Mr Dunstan counts the band's founder Mick Fleetwood as one of his dearest and oldest friends.

Fleetwood lives in Hawaii and "just loves the beach and great food".

"I'm anxious to show off everything Noosa has to offer before I head to Nashville in December," he said.

After 10 years living in Noosa's hinterland, Mr Dunstan is heading to the US to rekindle his career.

After living in America and managing Fleetwood Mac, and having close associations with Men at Work, INXS and Air Supply, Mr Dunstan and his Dutch wife Desiree moved back to Australia in 2003.

They brought daughters Crimson and Ava with them.

"I sacrificed a lot but didn't want my girls growing up in LA," he said, "... not the ideal place to raise kids."

With Crimson in her second year of university and Ava soon to graduate from Sunshine Beach High School, it was time to head out.

Mr Dunstan manages Australia's top country rock group McAlister Kemp, which has just returned from Nashville after recording its third album.

"This was my fourth trip there this year and with many more to come, it has become increasingly clear that I need to be there on a more permanent basis," Mr Dunstan said.

Click on link for photo
http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...or-No/1979209/
WOW!! Thanks for posting Vivfox, im happily in shock at the moment NOOSA, ITS MY HOME TOWN.. I had no idea F/M Manager lives in our small coastal/hinterland community.. The best part is that he plans on showing them around in Nov.. I can just imagine the band chillin in Hastings St drinking Martinis or sipping coffee & enjoying the ocean views Noosa is such a beautiful place they wont want to leave.. For those that are interested Google Hastings St
Old 08-10-2013, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
WOW!! Thanks for posting Vivfox, im happily in shock at the moment NOOSA, ITS MY HOME TOWN.. I had no idea F/M Manager lives in our small coastal/hinterland community.. The best part is that he plans on showing them around in Nov.. I can just imagine the band chillin in Hastings St drinking Martinis or sipping coffee & enjoying the ocean views Noosa is such a beautiful place they wont want to leave.. For those that are interested Google Hastings St
Hey, one never knows if you might be sitting in a cafe sipping coffee and you might just happen to look up and there will be Dennis Dunstan showing FM around your area in a golf cart or an open topped bus or something. BTW did you ever hear that Dennis Dunstan was ever their manager before this article?
Old 08-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
BTW did you ever hear that Dennis Dunstan was ever their manager before this article?
That's a bit overstated. Dennis was Mick's manager, and was also Fleetwood Mac's assistant road manager going back to at least the "Tusk" tour. Really, really nice guy.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-10-2013, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey, one never knows if you might be sitting in a cafe sipping coffee and you might just happen to look up and there will be Dennis Dunstan showing FM around your area in a golf cart or an open topped bus or something. BTW did you ever hear that Dennis Dunstan was ever their manager before this article?
No I had no clue that he even lived here, I discovered 2 things after a little research last night, D Dunstan only lives 5 min up the road from us, & also Rebecca from Frontline lives here in Noosa as well.. Shouldn't be too hard recognizing them around town.. not that I plan on approaching them as im not a stalker.. Just thrilled that there's a connection here to my most favorite band..

BTW Vivfox, just wondering how did you come across this little article in the Sunshine coast daily?, anyway Thanks for the heads up..

Last edited by Aussie W/Heart; 08-10-2013 at 11:45 PM..
Old 08-11-2013, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'll expect pap shots from you thanks buddy
Old 08-11-2013, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
I'll expect pap shots from you thanks buddy
Haha yeah I'll give it a go.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
BTW Vivfox, just wondering how did you come across this little article in the Sunshine coast daily?, anyway Thanks for the heads up..
Google alert in my e mail.