Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Only you stipulated this rule ...
So what?

Quote:
refer back to the original poster's comments at the beginning of the thread, where he (or she) says he would like to see rare Fleetwood Mac songs written by Stevie/Lindsey played at a Buckingham/Nicks Tour.
I don't want to see rare Fleetwood Mac songs played on a Buckingham Nicks tour. I want to hear Buckingham Nicks songs played on a Buckingham Nicks tour. If the songs were written and performed by Stevie and Lindsey in the context of Buckingham Nicks, then it's appropriate for those songs to be played. In the case of "Twisted", it was credited to Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham, which is basically the same thing.

However, I don't want to hear "Dreams", "Go Your Own Way", "Thrown Down", or "Tango In The Night" at a Buckingham Nicks show. Those are Fleetwood Mac songs, and if they're going to do THOSE songs, then they might as well get Mick and John and go out as Fleetwood Mac. And, I really don't want to hear a bunch of solo songs, either. They have solo careers for that.

A Buckingham Nicks reunion tour, IMO, should uniquely be about Buckingham Nicks the band.

Quote:
Anyway what would they name the tour? Together Forever: 40 Years ...anyone have a better name?
Buckingham Nicks: Reflecting Our Past Tour.

Quote:
And how likely is it that BN will tour again as a duo after all this time ...
Really, they'd be no more a duo than they are today in Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If they do tour I suspect the setlist would be the entire album from B/N as well as any of the unreleased songs from the recording sessions and if they do any FM material it would likely be all the standards(GYW, Dreams, Landslide, GDW, Rhianannon, BL, ISA). While I wouldn't want to hear the same old FM songs for the millionth time I could stomach it if they did the whole B/N album.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
So what?

I don't want to see rare Fleetwood Mac songs played on a Buckingham Nicks tour. I want to hear Buckingham Nicks songs played on a Buckingham Nicks tour. If the songs were written and performed by Stevie and Lindsey in the context of Buckingham Nicks, then it's appropriate for those songs to be played. In the case of "Twisted", it was credited to Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham, which is basically the same thing.

However, I don't want to hear "Dreams", "Go Your Own Way", "Thrown Down", or "Tango In The Night" at a Buckingham Nicks show. Those are Fleetwood Mac songs, and if they're going to do THOSE songs, then they might as well get Mick and John and go out as Fleetwood Mac. And, I really don't want to hear a bunch of solo songs, either. They have solo careers for that.

A Buckingham Nicks reunion tour, IMO, should uniquely be about Buckingham Nicks the band.

Buckingham Nicks: Reflecting Our Past Tour.

Really, they'd be no more a duo than they are today in Fleetwood Mac.
You stipulated the rules, and I thought you were trying to say I should have applied your rules to my setlist. My mistake, I misinterpreted what you said. I don't really want to hear Fleetwood Mac songs during a Buckingham Nicks Tour either, but it was mentioned in the original post that stevie and lindsey probably could not avoid some FM material, and that the OP would like to hear some rareties instead of standards.

So was just reiterating what someone else had written.

In the words of Pauline Hanson, please explain why they would not be a duo? So they would have a backing band you reckon? Unless it's a minimalist backing band, that would be a shame. For me, a mainly acoustic set and some band numbers would be ideal. And no one has commented on my idea about Stevie performing the intro to Rhiannon on piano live on stage...thoughts?

I liked these (but they are solo renditions, just on piano, I would like to see her do the extended intro performed during The White Winged Dove Tour in 1981, or something similar to the Soundstage DVD from 2008.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcWaF9BnDbs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWJcxWPXOVk

Would be so cool to see/hear this.
Side note, is one of my dreams to play piano for Stevie or FM. Yeah, keep dreaming, I know.

Last edited by secret love; 08-03-2013 at 10:46 PM..
Old 08-04-2013, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This sounds great.Plus release the album on CD. "Not on iTunes" with their crap files.

This kind of tour would be for Stevie/Lindsey fans only.

The regular music fan probably never heard their B&N tunes.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-04-2013, 01:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm guessing that if this really happened, they would finally release BN on CD! Wouldn't that be cool. I'm just wondering how it would go over with Mick and John.

Kevin
Old 08-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
I'm guessing that if this really happened, they would finally release BN on CD! Wouldn't that be cool. I'm just wondering how it would go over with Mick and John.

Kevin

Honestly I don't believe Mick or John could care less whether or not Stevie tour together - they have made guest appearances at each other's solo tours in the recent past. And thing is Buckingham Nicks: 40 Years Tour would just be an extension of their solo work almost. Well, not quite, in that they would be performing together the songs they wrote with each other many years ago, maybe some old gems and some new co-written songs. But from Mick and John's perspective - Mick especially would be a hypocrit if he expressed unhappiness or unwillingness to sanction them doing this - it's not up to him, and-
if he can perform as Mick Fleetwood Blues Band and play Peter Green songs (and the occasional Fleetwood Mac song with the ever-elusive and formidable Christine McVie might I add) then well, he has no right to complain when Stevie and Lindsey tour together and rake in the dough that he so desperately and publicly craves (wonder why he's the only one doing Meet and Greets this tour - could it have something to do with his pockets being the deepest and the emptiest?)
John - can't see him really caring even a little bit, other than to say maybe, he supports it - maybe he and Mick would go to a Buckingham Nicks: Reflecting our Past Tour show together. Hey - if they do London, or Birmingham - maybe Chris will come watch and listen, humming and singing along merrily (tehe).

Speaking of Christine, we know she went to Say You Will and Unleashed London concerts to see her former band perform ...were any ledgies there; did you catch her singing along softly to Don't Stop or Say You Love Me in 2003/2009?
Old 08-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
\
Speaking of Christine, we know she went to Say You Will and Unleashed London concerts to see her former band perform ...were any ledgies there; did you catch her singing along softly to Don't Stop or Say You Love Me in 2003/2009?
I couldn't see her in the audience. I just heard later that she was there.

Michele
Old 08-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Honestly I don't believe Mick or John could care less whether or not Stevie tour together - they have made guest appearances at each other's solo tours in the recent past. And thing is Buckingham Nicks: 40 Yearsand-
if he can perform as Mick Fleetwood Blues Band and play Peter Green songs (and the occasional Fleetwood Mac song with the ever-elusive and formidable Christine McVie might I add) then well, he has no right to complain when Stevie and Lindsey tour together
I think Mick and John could appreciate Stevie and Lindsey wanting to celebrate that phase of their career. It would only become an issue if they decided to record a new Buckingham Nicks album, which I seriously doubt would ever happen.

I wouldn't equate Mick playing in what is basically a Peter Green cover band with a Buckingham Nicks reunion. He's only doing that because Fleetwood Mac's not doing anything. However, I think he WOULD be a hypocrite if he somehow convinced Peter, Jeremy, and John to reunite as as The Original/Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac and still had an issue with a Buckingham Nicks reunion.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-05-2013, 07:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think Mick and John could appreciate Stevie and Lindsey wanting to celebrate that phase of their career. It would only become an issue if they decided to record a new Buckingham Nicks album, which I seriously doubt would ever happen.

I wouldn't equate Mick playing in what is basically a Peter Green cover band with a Buckingham Nicks reunion. He's only doing that because Fleetwood Mac's not doing anything. However, I think he WOULD be a hypocrite if he somehow convinced Peter, Jeremy, and John to reunite as as The Original/Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac and still had an issue with a Buckingham Nicks reunion.
True, that would hypocritical. But I think when he plays with Christine - he does it not as Fleetwood Mac but as the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band and does it before offering Chris a go at Fleetwood Mac again...even then to object to Buckingham Nicks would be hypocritical - both things did and will garner lots of publicity and attention from fans. Both were/will be successful (probably).

But yeah I think Mick and John would have zero qualms with whatever Stevie and Lindsey want to do ... even if its Buckingham Nicks LP II ...what gives Mick or John the right to object or stop the project? Nothing. Yes, because of Mick and John, BN were noticed sooner than they would have been otherwise; but because of Stevie and Lindsey, Fleetwood Mac started to have massive sales and began pulling much bigger crowds. If it had been Mick, John and Chris from 1970 - 2013 ...the audience would be smaller today and the collective net worth of Fleetwood Mac's members would be much less (and not just because there would be less members).

But Buckingham Nicks II will probably not ever eventuate - we may get updated recordings of the songs they made for their second record in the seventies though, I can see that, just 4-6 songs eg Nomad, Heartbreaker, Farewell Failure, Without You [already done] etc.

If it does happen that Stevie and Lindsey release a new album ...cannot see it happening before we get one more new studio album by Fleetwood Mac.