The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink "Well Lindsey was your Paper Doll" (humor me people!)

Since it's been a tad melancholic in here, given recent events in LB-land, some of us were thinking of lifting the mood and so here it is. You can either laugh with me or laugh at me.

I'm somewhat of a fashion connoisseur. Not really a snob, but I love seeing people express their personality in creative ways, especially with what they wear. And since Lindsey, bless his heart, has worn about 5 different outfits since...2000, well, why not see what he would look like with a little punch of color and fabric. Just for fun.

So this will be a totally random Lindsey style thread dedicated to the wonders of Photoshop and imagination. If you are offended in any way, or if you think there are better things I could have done with my time, by all means ignore this completely and mock me amongst yourselves. But if you, like me, find turning Lindsey into a paper doll completely, ridiculously insanely fun- comment, critique, make your own, or whatever you want.

For many of them, the following LB was selected by the lovely Lindsfan:

Lindsey in 2003, white tee, basic black pants. Perfect.

Now, let the fun begin...

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 01-23-2012 at 12:21 AM..
Old 01-22-2012, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Very GQMF chic over here

I had to present this one for all of those out there who would love to see Lindsey dressed to the nines in something other than a black blazer and jeans or a leather jacket and jeans. Or that all black jacket, shirt, pants thing he does...

Why not?

Old 01-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Like I'm in Monte Carlo...

I need to take a moment and give a shout out to elle and Lindsfan for brainstorming and supporting this from the start. And to my very special guy who helped me quite a bit in the process (I'm no tech wiz)

Do we ever see him in a white jacket anymore? This is a very sexy look for Lindsey. And you know, the white could do wonders for his eyes.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Let the hipster nerd in you out LB!

You know this would never happen, which is why this is hilarious.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Katy Perry and Russell Buckingham?

I have officially offended everyone, but her dress is SO pretty. And he's always mentioning her...so why not? I'm aware that Russell and Katy are no more, but look at how indifferent and arrogant LB looks with her? It's almost the same difference. (Picture-wise)

Old 01-22-2012, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default If Lindsey dressed like your grandpa- in the 70s

Old 01-22-2012, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I had to present this one for all of those out there who would love to see Lindsey dressed to the nines in something other than a black blazer and jeans or a leather jacket and jeans. Or that all black jacket, shirt, pants thing he does...

Why not?
Nico - love the idea! we need a bit of fun times here - seeing lindsey in different outfits definitely sounds like fun to me considering... well you know - black unbuttoned shirt, leather jacket and skinny jeans...

ok, so i like the starting "doll".

so the outfit... how do i say it (and i'm feeling a bit like joan rivers here) - really dislike the shape of that jacket - just not the thing i like to see on guys. and - so weird, but once when dressed in that suit 2003 lindsey suddenly looks like patrick dempsey and also about 20 years younger... which are both good things but...

but - GREAT photoshopping!!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I need to take a moment and give a shout out to elle and Lindsfan for brainstorming and supporting this from the start. And to my very special guy who helped me quite a bit in the process (I'm no tech wiz)

Do we ever see him in a white jacket anymore? This is a very sexy look for Lindsey. And you know, the white could do wonders for his eyes.
hmmm. i'm thinking now maybe we should've selected different head - b/c once when it's not his typical outfit / pose i keep feeling like i'm looking at patrick dempsey!!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Nico - love the idea! we need a bit of fun times here - seeing lindsey in different outfits definitely sounds like fun to me considering... well you know - black unbuttoned shirt, leather jacket and skinny jeans...

ok, so i like the starting "doll".

so the outfit... how do i say it (and i'm feeling a bit like joan rivers here) - really dislike the shape of that jacket - just not the thing i like to see on guys. and - so weird, but once when dressed in that suit 2003 lindsey suddenly looks like patrick dempsey and also about 20 years younger... which are both good things but...

but - GREAT photoshopping!!
It's one of those uber-chic suits the younger models wear on the runways these days elle. Lindsey's could be a little more 'classic' for sure. I thought what they hey, try it anyway!

I'll see if I can find a more urbane looking suit and something not quite as modern, but it makes him look extra sleek I think. I don't mind that.

Not that I'm against the Mad Scientist look of course...but variety is the spice of life.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
hmmm. i'm thinking now maybe we should've selected different head - b/c once when it's not his typical outfit / pose i keep feeling like i'm looking at patrick dempsey!!
Well, if he didn't look so constipated in that other one I thought to use...but in any case, Patrick's nice and all, but LB in 2003...

Old 01-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's one of those uber-chic suits the younger models wear on the runways these days elle. Lindsey's could be a little more 'classic' for sure. I thought what they hey, try it anyway!

I'll see if I can find a more urbane looking suit and something not quite as modern, but it makes him look extra sleek I think. I don't mind that.

Not that I'm against the Mad Scientist look of course...but variety is the spice of life.
i know, i know, it's a kind of suit justin timberlake would wear to the award show and everybody would be gushing over him, but i'd rather see less hip but cooler johnny depp... but def a good try!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, if he didn't look so constipated in that other one I thought to use...but in any case, Patrick's nice and all, but LB in 2003...
yeah patrick is not bad at all, never was...LB in 2003 was off the charts.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

(I noticed elle didn't comment about the nerdy LB or the LB w/Katy look... I scared people with those two!)

Remember everyone: Lindsey at one time rocked a massive fro, wore open-toe platforms, and floral kimonos. All of that and you loved him. A simple one-off with Katy Perry and I get nothing...

j/k

Old 01-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have officially offended everyone, but her dress is SO pretty. And he's always mentioning her...so why not? I'm aware that Russell and Katy are no more, but look at how indifferent and arrogant LB looks with her? It's almost the same difference. (Picture-wise)

Old 01-22-2012, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I take back my words. Thanks elle.

It's all in goo' fun!