User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
28. This whacko interview and his total nonchalance and expression around 4:29 in...priceless:
HAHA... That crazy chick played right in to what Lindsey was saying.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

32. Gift of Screws and the fact that I'm pretty sure he changed the title of Twist of Fate and acts like he doesn't have a clue what we're talking about...best song on the album for me, though.
Oh totally. He knows.

That's a Lindseyism right there. He's always acting like he doesn't know something, just to be perverse and contrary. For instance, when we asked him about the old demos called "Gift of Screws" he would say something like, "I'm not sure the proposed album ever had a title." He knows it had a title and he knows that title was GOS. Why was he pretending that didn't happen?

It's like Charles Boyer deliberately freaking Ingrid Bergman out in Gaslight, pretending that the lantern wasn't on when he knows it was.

Michele
Old 08-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh totally. He knows.

That's a Lindseyism right there. He's always acting like he doesn't know something, just to be perverse and contrary. For instance, when we asked him about the old demos called "Gift of Screws" he would say something like, "I'm not sure the proposed album ever had a title." He knows it had a title and he knows that title was GOS. Why was he pretending that didn't happen?

It's like Charles Boyer deliberately freaking Ingrid Bergman out in Gaslight, pretending that the lantern wasn't on when he knows it was.

Michele
That's right Michele. I wonder if it's connected with being the youngest kid or some psychological need for attention where the person perpetrates ignorance of a subject or immaturity on some matter only to incite more heated discussion, questions, attention, etc. It seems a little devious and, well, SO Lindsey.

Like, for example, acting in one interview as if he didn't know he had a Myspace account when you know- as does everyone- that this man probably keeps the reigns close to home on anything pertaining to his career...and if he doesn't his wife is certainly quick enough to get all that to him ASAP. Puhlease Lindsey! All that fake modesty...

Speaking of...

34. His fake humbleness. Ok, ok...I know the dearly devoted LBers are going to trip that I use that terminology, but let's be honest with ourselves. This man knows he is one of the greatest things to ever touch a guitar that any of us are blessed enough to experience. All that heart-pounding, head-bowing, fist-clenching is just good old show. And I eat it all up, and welcome more...in fact, anyone got some vids? I daresay a compilation vid should be made.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 08-28-2009, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's right Michele. I wonder if it's connected with being the youngest kid or some psychological need for attention where the person perpetrates ignorance of a subject or immaturity on some matter only to incite more heated discussion, questions, attention, etc. It seems a little devious and, well, SO Lindsey.
On a first date, I ALWAYS pretend that I had NO IDEA WHATSOEVER that Manhattan is an island. I always hope that it endears me to my date, particuarly since I've been told that my intelligence is intimidating.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

35. His evolution over the years proves that despite whatever other changes his hair will always be perfect.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
35. His evolution over the years proves that despite whatever other changes his hair will always be perfect.
Package is pretty perfect.

Nice to see the eras all lined up like that. Only a Fritz era/high school picture is missing.

I wish we had more pictures of Will. I would like to compare. Michele
Old 10-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Package is pretty perfect.

Nice to see the eras all lined up like that. Only a Fritz era/high school picture is missing.

I wish we had more pictures of Will. I would like to compare. Michele
Michele, I couldn't find one from Fritz/high school...anyone happen to have one?

Here's Will:

It's my decided opinion that baby Lindsey and baby Stella are twins:

Old 10-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post
ahahahaha...I love #1 simply because he didn't have a chance in hell of getting Stevie to change that line...gotta love him for trying though

and the overdone language/cat bit ...that made me LOL
I love that clip for the fact that Lindsey brought up a big point about my problem with Stevie's lyrics; one of her weak points as a songwriter -- her tenses are all over the place, rendering many of her lyrics confusing if not nearly incomprehensible. And Stevie bringing up Bob Dylan as her defense!!?? She's so ridiculous sometimes.

With her solo career I think she surrounds herself with "yes men"; people who won't challenge her too much, and sometimes her work has suffered for it.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-26-2009 at 09:40 PM..
Old 10-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I love that clip for the fact that Lindsey brought up a big point about my problem with Stevie's lyrics; one of her weak points as a songwriter -- her tenses are all over the place, rendering many of her lyrics confusing if not nearly incomprehensible. And Stevie bringing up Bob Dylan as her defense!!?? She's so ridiculous sometimes.

With her solo career I think she surrounds herself with "yes men"; people who won't challenge her too much, and sometimes her work has suffered for it.
Maybe that's why she's somewhat cantankerous towards Lindsey...because he doesn't buy her $H*% that easily. He's not overly impressed, although it was quite lovely in Destiny Rules when, after hearing those demos (which sounded awful to me, but who am I?) he was so full of praise for her. Stevie, likewise, doesn't act all impressed with Lindsey. The little bored expressions bordering on full-blown yawns when he's doing his solos during songs they harmonize on? Secretly, they know how good the other is but they just want to give them a little more of a push to see how they can challenge themselves.

Re: Stevie's lyrics...I think she's quite long-winded and scatterbrained but I honestly think some of it is just sooooo beautiful, like Wild Heart and Gypsy and Angel. Those types of songs I just adore. A lot of her stuff on SYW just grates on my nerves, and I completely hate anything of hers where the production is so muddled and it drowns away the beauty of her voice. I love the Tusk stuff the most, and then solo her Wild Heart songs are my favorites. And then that Touched By an Angel song is my fave soundtrack tune...

Yikes, I've turned this into a Stevie post. Ok, back OT...

36. The red shirt. (Because it's better than the black)

Old 10-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Love everything mentioned here to far.

Here's a new one...

The fact that sometimes, when he's soloing, say at the end of ISA or Come, he slides his hands up and down the neck of his guitar, almost as if it were an extension of his member.

7:00 onward!

This will sound perverted, but I really love the fact that he seems to get off a little bit during most of his guitar solo's, mostly because you know he's really enjoying what he's doing and still has a passion for playing. Musicians get how truly good that feels.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Oh there's so much to love about Lindsey!! Against popular opinion,though, I love the 'Go Insane' hairdo!! Of course, that's the way I first remember him looking because '84 is when I became a fan! Love his clothes from then too, but it's probably good he didn't stick with them!
Old 10-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Michele, I couldn't find one from Fritz/high school...anyone happen to have one?
I don't know what I labeled his prom picture as, but here is the Fritz Card with several little pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LBswim.jpg (45.5 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by michelej1; 10-27-2009 at 01:59 PM..
Old 10-27-2009, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Oh there's so much to love about Lindsey!! Against popular opinion,though, I love the 'Go Insane' hairdo!! Of course, that's the way I first remember him looking because '84 is when I became a fan! Love his clothes from then too, but it's probably good he didn't stick with them!
Oh, I love that hair. I feel that it tells me so much about him. I mean, especially when it's just inches away from his stormy eyes. But even if you edited out the head and just showed the hair, I sense Lindsey's essence in those taut curls.

I was wearing a t-shirt from the OOTC album liner at the last Unleashed concert in America and it showed Lindsey sitting at the console, just the back of his head. I loved that image. His hair wild. Lindsey motioned to me at the end of the concert and said, "I like your shirt." I said, "I know.".

I love images of him where I feel his hair is talking.

Michele
Old 10-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I love that hair. I feel that it tells me so much about him. I mean, especially when it's just inches away from his stormy eyes. But even if you edited out the head and just showed the hair, I sense Lindsey's essence in those taut curls.

I was wearing a t-shirt from the OOTC album liner at the last Unleashed concert in America and it showed Lindsey sitting at the console, just the back of his head. I loved that image. His hair wild. Lindsey motioned to me at the end of the concert and said, "I like your shirt." I said, "I know.".

I love images of him where I feel his hair is talking.

Michele
Glad someone else loves the 'Go Insane' hair! Lucky you to talk to Lindsey! I'd probably be speechless!
Old 10-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

His Go Insane hair is so him that I could never regret that he did it. It epitomizes who he is, jumping from one style to another and kind of "mad scientist" looking as well. He is kind of insane, though. I love that about him.

Good on you Michele (re: LB complimenting of shirt)!

I just noticed that the baby LB and the cropped hair/aviator LB have the same scrunched-nose expression. How darling! I looked for an old LB doing the same and this was the best I could find:

It's kinda cute!

37. Lindsey's scrunched-nose smile.