User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-15-2003, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wink My Florida Adventures... Part 2

After the concert I met up with Joy, Alex and got to meet Karen (from Mick’s board). She had a very unfortunate experience at the concert with a rude patron that caused her to miss part of “Come”. We were all standing around telling about our horrible experiences with security and the patrons. We did all agree that it was a great show, however.
Joy and I head out to the car when Alex calls her about a tip he received about where the band was staying. We head over to Joy’s house first to freshen up and confirm the location of the hotel. The next thing you know 2 crazed women are heading south in hopes of catching a glimpse of someone from the Mac.
We find the place and park. As soon as we walk in I spot Mick Fleetwood sitting on one of the couches in the lobby. Joy says to me “this is the place”. I say to her “ yes it certainly is”. We head over to the restaurant area and there is a bar there and we order some drinks. I scope the place out and see nothing of interest there. I then say to Joy something like “don’t you want to go to lobby where Mick is sitting”? She is like “WHAT”??? I tell her Mick was sitting right out there. She had no clue.
So we head out to the lobby. We sit in an area next to them but covered by faux palm trees. Yes, we were peeking out at them from our seats. LOL. He was having a conversation with John Courage the former tour manager and we did not want to interrupt. Joy asks me if we should go up and talk to him. I say yes lets just go for it!!
I was still kicking myself about the Ritz-Carlton NYC incident with Brett Tuggle and Neale Heywood and Taku. So we make our way over to them and Joy says something like” Hi there we don’t want to interrupt you but we just wanted to say Hi and that we are huge fans.” Mick was very receptive of us. Joy said to him that she had gone to 3 shows and Mick’s eyes bugged out. I told him that I had been to 5 shows and I came down to FL from RI. His eyes bugged out even more with amazement. Mick’s friend asked us what our favorite songs were from the new CD. I told him that I liked Destiny Rules and Mick smiled at me and said “yes, I like that one, too.” He said that they would be bringing it back into the set list at some point. I don’t know when, however. He did say that he would be using the full kit on that song, too. I did ask about a second leg and Mick did say something like as long as they behave themselves that there would be a second leg. Well, Joy and I did not want to overstay our welcome so we said goodbye and thanks to Mick. We went back to the palm tree seats to scope out for anyone else from the band. We did see Brett and Taku later. We did not go back up to them, however. We were waiting for John, Lindsey and most of all Ms. Nicks. We did not see then of course. At one point when Joy got up Mick’s friend called her over to tell her that he was giving the 2 of us backstage passes for the Tampa show because we were such big fans. Joy was excited but I told her not to get too excited because backstage sometimes means just cheese and crackers, no stars.
We headed back to our home base. I called the airline to cancel my flight from Ft Lauderdale to Tampa because I was going to ride up with Joy. I did this at around 3:30AM Sunday morning. I hardly got any rest that night.

Last edited by WelshWitchPMD; 06-15-2003 at 10:54 PM..
Old 06-15-2003, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

OMG! You've been holding out on us! Okay, so what did you get backstage, cheese and crackers, or to meet Ms. Nicks?
Old 06-15-2003, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
OMG! You've been holding out on us! Okay, so what did you get backstage, cheese and crackers, or to meet Ms. Nicks?
LOL. NONE of the above.
I will tell the rest in part 3 of my adventures.
Old 06-15-2003, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default woohoo....part 2!

OMG! Part 2 exceeds part 1!! So I close my eyes softly...and I will wait for part three...that we all are waiting for.....yea....

lol!!
Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN