The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-12-2003, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Bossier City, Louisiana is located in the northwest portion of Louisiana, directly across the Red River from Shreveport. The city is accessible via Interstate 20 and minutes from Interstate 49. It is 3 hours east of Dallas, Texas; 3.5 hours south of Little Rock, Arkansas; 4 hours west of Jackson, Mississippi; and 4.5 hours north of New Orleans, Louisiana.

Here is the site for what I assume will be the arena

http://www.centurytelcenter.com/directions.html

This is actually a pretty cool choice because Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Middle/Northern Mississippi are accessible. Having said that, it is in the middle of nowhere as far as I am concerned and the Texas people can clearly drive to Dallas for an easier trip. New Orleans or Lafayette (at the Cajun Dome ) would have been a better choice. But, again, they did not ask me!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-12-2003, 09:14 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by AliP
Sorry that disappoints some of you from the toxic waste states, [/B]
LOL! Having lived in both places, I'll take Idaho anyday over the hot, humid, dirty and waaay overcrowded East Coast

But Ali, we shouldn't complain if people don't like it, 'cause that means they won't move there

-Lisa

You might say that I can't take it, I can't take it, Lord I swear I just can't take it no more."

-Boz Scaggs
Old 06-12-2003, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For those who say the Eagles would never play cities like this....

Last year, May-July the Eagles did an entire tour of secondary markets. They did not play New York, Boston, Atlanta, LA, SFO, Chicago, etc.

Where did they play? Spokane, Fargo, Wichita, Tupelo, MS, Biloxi, MS, Bossier City, LA, Lubbock, TX. Some of those cities sound familiar?

I can not believe the band is being hammered for playing smaller markets. So many provincial people here. How about the people in these markets who usually have to drive 8 hours plus to see a show? They are getting the opportunity to have a huge band come to their city. Believe me when bands like this do that, they are treated like royalty and rewarded with packed houses and enthusiastic crowds. That is why the Eagles, Springsteen, and now Fleetwood Mac are choosing to play these markets.

For those who say they did not play the east coast. 2 dates in Worcester, Albany, Buffalo, Philly, Atlantic City, Uniondale, Meadowlands Arena, Pittsburgh, DC. I think that is a pretty good sampling of the East Coast.

They have a second leg kicking off September/October that I am sure will hit Houston, Dallas, and then some major East Coast Cities, NYC probably Boston proper, instead of Worcester, a Hartford date, etc.
Old 06-12-2003, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it is great FM is making an effort to go to all of the people in the U.S. and not just the big cities. They did this for the White Album as well as Rumors and during the period between the two.

I also, think the European leg is in the works. I have nothing to base that on other than The Dance was going to Europe and elsewhere like Austrlia before CM did not agree to participate in the second leg of the tour because she agreed only to the first leg (note: I mean no harm no foul to CM). I also think TISL was headed to Europe and perhaps Australia but 9/11 prevented that from happening. So, here is hoping I am correct and I will be able to buy all of my London Ledgie friends a pint at the London concert

Also, one of the reasons The Dance tour, as well as the CD, was so successful was they charged a bunch like they are doing now and played to many sold out smaller "shed" venues and some larger also sold out venues. So, I think FM is on the right track here.

Old 06-12-2003, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind

I also, think the European leg is in the works. I have nothing to base that on other than The Dance was going to Europe and elsewhere like Australia before CM did not agree to participate in the second leg of the tour because she agreed only to the first leg (note: I mean no harm no foul to CM). I also think TISL was headed to Europe and perhaps Australia but 9/11 prevented that from happening. So, here is hoping I am correct and I will be able to buy all of my London Ledgie friends a pint at the London concert

I hope you are right. I still have my doubts that TISL would have come here or Australia though as Stevie had already agreed to go into the studio with Fleetwood Mac. Even without 9/11 I don't think there would have been time for an overseas tour

Pip
Old 06-12-2003, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Can't believe it

THEIR GOING TO LUBBOCK!!! That's only two hours from Amarillo -- (Lubbock is a city right in between El Paso and Dallas, just to the south of where I am). I may actually get to go see my first Fleetwood Mac concert after all...if I have enough money. I don't know why they are going to Lubbock, Amarillo is just as big (if not bigger) and Lubbock's population is mainly made up of Texas Tech University.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
C'mon guys, come to Austin, the live music capitol of the world! (hee-hee)
WORD! Oh, and Go, Horns!
Old 06-12-2003, 11:10 AM
Senior Ledgie

Secondary markets are important. There are fans in those cities who would not otherwise get the chance to see the band if they didn't come closer to they're town. It may be because people don't have the opportunity too travel far to see a show, or the desire to do so, or even have enough money. The more shows they play--in different cities, the better they can increase album sales.

Besides, I don't think that anyone from New Jersey, as the girl who started this string is, should be critical of other places.

The only thing good about Jersey is Springsteen and the fact that it is close to NYC.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

I also agree that secondary markets are important. Back in 75 when the Mac were on the White Album tour, they sold that album, Stevie said, by "playing everywhere", we kicked that album in the ass!" I always loved that quote, I thought it was pretty funny. They played 95 dates, I believe, from Sept-Dec of 1975. "Rhiannon" wasnt even released as a single until the spring of 1976! By the end of December they had a platinum album, and that was solely on the strength of all those shows, and the single "Over My Head" which only got to #20 on the pop sinlgles chart. So playing everywhere does obviously increase sales, and I am sure those shows are much appreciated by their fans outside of the large urban centers.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by John Run
For those who say the Eagles would never play cities like this....

Last year, May-July the Eagles did an entire tour of secondary markets. They did not play New York, Boston, Atlanta, LA, SFO, Chicago, etc.

Where did they play? Spokane, Fargo, Wichita, Tupelo, MS, Biloxi, MS, Bossier City, LA, Lubbock, TX. Some of those cities sound familiar?

I can not believe the band is being hammered for playing smaller markets. So many provincial people here. How about the people in these markets who usually have to drive 8 hours plus to see a show? They are getting the opportunity to have a huge band come to their city. Believe me when bands like this do that, they are treated like royalty and rewarded with packed houses and enthusiastic crowds. That is why the Eagles, Springsteen, and now Fleetwood Mac are choosing to play these markets.

For those who say they did not play the east coast. 2 dates in Worcester, Albany, Buffalo, Philly, Atlantic City, Uniondale, Meadowlands Arena, Pittsburgh, DC. I think that is a pretty good sampling of the East Coast.

They have a second leg kicking off September/October that I am sure will hit Houston, Dallas, and then some major East Coast Cities, NYC probably Boston proper, instead of Worcester, a Hartford date, etc.
I'm not hammering the band for playing places like this...I'm just picturing Stevie in Idaho and I think it's funny. My friend Erica was born in south Jersey, moved to Colorado when she was little, moved back to south Jersey, then moved to Idaho for 5 years and then to California for a year and then back to Jersey. She was not a fan of Idaho and she used to tell me that she lived in the middle of nowhere and there was nothing around her at all. I don't know how far away she lived from Boise. She could have seriously lived in the middle of nowhere with farm area around her. I have no idea. Perhaps that's why my view is somewhat skewed because i've never not lived with crap around me. I have 7 malls near my house..the farthest being 45 minutes away. I mean, for crying out loud I live in the most densely populated state per square mile. You can't freakin' get away from people which sucks....trust me. And I'm not saying that it's not a nice place to live. I'm just saying that it's a random state for Fleetwood Mac to be playing. That's all. Yea, it is cool that some people who would not ordinarily get to see them will. I'm happy for you guys because it means you won't have to travel 8 hours away.

However, I have a feeling that at the rate Stevie and Lindsey are going (i don't think it's a stage act, I think she's genuinely pissed off at him), and if Stevie's physical and mental health continue to decline (flame me all you want, but girlfriend is having a meltdown and I think it's a variety of things in combination with the menopause), there will be no second leg of the tour and these random ass places will be it. Is that selfish of me? Probably. But if they don't do a second leg of this tour, I'm highly doubting they'll be doing another album and tour with it. Just my opinion. I hope I'm wrong but we'll just have to wait it out and see.
Old 06-12-2003, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
I hope you are right. I still have my doubts that TISL would have come here or Australia though as Stevie had already agreed to go into the studio with Fleetwood Mac. Even without 9/11 I don't think there would have been time for an overseas tour

Pip
IMO, I think there are three reasons Stevie did not go to europe.

One, was that she started to get sick and had to cancelled a few shows. Just that, I think made it imposible to go because she had to make most of those dates and there would not be time to go anywhere else.

Two, The 9/11 thing made the whole thing worse but I think is not the biggest reasong for not going overseas.

Three, after the band decided that Lindsey's song from the never released album "GOS" were going to be in the next FM Album. You can bet that when the record company found out, they were not going to let Stevie tour overseas, so she get back with guys and record her stuff.

Anyway, I hope they do go overseas and I'm glad for the fans whose going to get a chance to see them with this added shows.

Isabel
And all those races that are run
They cause patterns"

Last edited by saradorna; 06-12-2003 at 12:18 PM..
Old 06-12-2003, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffles
Secondary markets are important. There are fans in those cities who would not otherwise get the chance to see the band if they didn't come closer to they're town. It may be because people don't have the opportunity too travel far to see a show, or the desire to do so, or even have enough money. The more shows they play--in different cities, the better they can increase album sales.

Besides, I don't think that anyone from New Jersey, as the girl who started this string is, should be critical of other places.

The only thing good about Jersey is Springsteen and the fact that it is close to NYC.
At this point in the bands career, they aren't worried about boosting album sales (okay, so I can't speak for Mick). If they were, they'd be putting a little more effort into increasing sales, wouldn't they? I haven't heard Peacekeeper on the radio in weeks and they have yet to play Say You Will and I still have not seen the video for Peacekeeper. If they're going to these places, it's because someone wants them to..whether that's management, or fans, or whatever, i don't know. I doubt the band sat down and said, "let's throw darts on a map to determine where the second part of the first leg of the tour will take us!"--thus the randomness of the places.

"Besides, I don't think that anyone from New Jersey, as the girl who started this string is, should be critical of other places."

Hahaha...sorry, that's great. I'm more critical of this state than anywhere else. We're the only state that puts our capital in the ghetto and our governor in a mansion in Princeton. How could you not love that???? And we don't pump our own gas! Oh wait, it gets better...our taxes are outrageous, no one wants to provide us car insurance, we have two license plates, and we're called the Garden State but, uh, I don't see many gardens! Oh, and my name is Marissa so you don't need to call me "the girl" anymore. You'll probably start calling me Jersey now.
Old 06-12-2003, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
. . . And we don't pump our own gas!
I totally forgot about that. I was going to the TISL concert at the PNC Bankcenter with a friend of mine who lives in Weehawken in his car. I got out to pump the gas and almost got arrested

Does NJ still have outrageous tolls. I drove from New Oreans to NYC one time and had to pay like over $100 in tolls in Jersey!!!!!!

Old 06-12-2003, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I think that since both Mick & Lindsey have the families along with 'em on the road, that they're using it as an excuse to see the whole country...they hit the "major markets" first leg and are using the second leg to play places they haven't played before...maybe they'll eventually hit all 50 states on this tour...I think they should at least expand to UK & Australia before they consider the tour "over".
Old 06-12-2003, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I totally forgot about that. I was going to the TISL concert at the PNC Bankcenter with a friend of mine who lives in Weehawken in his car. I got out to pump the gas and almost got arrested

Does NJ still have outrageous tolls. I drove from New Oreans to NYC one time and had to pay like over $100 in tolls in Jersey!!!!!!
Yup! Only now we have EZPass so we can speed through the toll booths...lol. When we went to DC for the show, I went with my friend Steve. Now Steve is totally gay so he like, hardly knows where the gas tank is..lol..and I was like, you have to pump your own gas. I know how to pump it because my parents own a gas station but I wanted to watch him try and have a good laugh. It was SOOO hysterical. He's like, "I can't do it.." this guy behind us was like, "you've got to be friggin' kidding me? You're joking right?" Steve goes "WE'RE FROM NEW JERSEY!!! WE DON'T PUMP OUR OWN GAS!!!" LOL!