Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:36 AM
Registered

Default Lohan Release Any Minute

IF you aren't tmz.com addicts, you may not have heard- A (different) judge has overturned (on appeal) that Lindsay Lohan must remain in jail until her scheduled Oct. 22 court date.
Apparantly, it was a legal n0-no that the hanging judge held her without bail this morning.
The bail is $300,000, and (I hate this) she must again wear a Scram bracelet monitor- you know, the same device she twice previously was made to wear, that has never been tested by anyone but the manufacturer of the device. She also must avoid any business (Bars, nightclubs) that have alcohol as the primary beverage that they sell (loophole, anyone?) and keep away from known drug users.
I'd been very pro-LO in months past, though her recent positive testing for narcotics so soon after her jail and rehab made me think way, way less of her.
Come October 22, she may have to do some time for the probation violation that landed her in jail again today. Yet, the Scram bracelet may be a smart strategic trick- it essentially deprives her of her freedom, and possibly legal minds have had it in their agendas that each time she has been forced to wear the Scram bracelet could be used as 'time served' since there is really no legal precedent that the device is constitutional, or even accurate.
I think there must be a reason the Scram bracelet keeps coming in and out of her life, and I think it may be to deter any further jail time being served, at all. If an attorney can have 2 judges overturned, the same attorney could get the Scram monitor overturned. I think it's an ace up the attorney's sleeve that she hasn't played yet. Perhaps on Oct. 22.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 09-25-2010 at 01:00 AM..
Old 09-25-2010, 02:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why would anyone feel sorry for her? She obviously won't help herself and thinks her celebrity and money can buy her way out of anything when anyone breaking the law should be held accountable like anyone else. This sly brat uses her celebrity and womanly charms to her advantage. She even carried on an affair with one of her doctors while in rehab and his wife filed for divorce. She must think her female charm will work on everyone, but she's finding it won't. I have no pity for her or people like Paris who think they're above the law. And I'm not bashing Lindsay, she's a fine actress when committed. But her behavior is gonna end in trouble or tragedy.

Last edited by fringed n fab; 09-25-2010 at 02:36 AM..
Old 09-25-2010, 02:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I guess no Stevie movie for her.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

She has someone willing to post $300,000 bail for her, this that and the other. She must have some good dirt on the power brokers in that town.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm almost sick of defending her, and loving her. Every week she's getting arrested for drugs. She is a great singer and actress, but damn, she needs a good whoopin' or somthing.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:16 AM
Registered

She has someone willing to post $300,000 bail for her, this that and the other. She must have some good dirt on the power brokers in that town.
wrote gldstwmn

It does seem like TMZ and Lohan are in business together, and minutes after her mugshot was taken on Friday, TMZ had the 'exclusive' photo. Someone at the LAPD got something for their effort, surely. So much money is changing hands, but it's all being done so much sloppier than it was with Paris Hilton this week. That is REAL money, old money, that the Hilton's have. And come on, PH was arrested in Vegas, where the Hilton Hotel generates millions for the state in tax revenue alone, of course Paris got off and of course some untouchables were paid to get Paris such a deal, in possession of weed AND cocaine, an ex-felon, and what, her third arrest? Fourth?
Lindsay's case has never been neat and clean, because it's Long Islanders with new-money at work, but they are learning fast how to play the slick, sick LA justice game. I am sure the Lohans and Harvey Levin are 'in bed together'-- if the truth of all that goes on between TMZ , The Lohans, the courts and the players (judges, attorneys) could truthfully be told, it'd make a hell of a movie. It's like TMZ is her career, and I bet they even helped with her release, and don't forget that TMZ was the first with the dirty drug tests information. It's like they build her up to tear her down, but when she is down, they try to help her out- why, to report her fall, again?
It's all cynical and sad, and so L.A. (I lived in Los Angeles for nearly 11 years, and it can be scary. A lot of unspeakable things get swept under the carpet). I left shortly after the long-forgotten Rodney King police beating and the riots that ensued afterward- when I heard windows breaking within blocks of where I worked, and it just seemed unsafer and unsafer every day, I got out.
A little more than a year later, there was the entire OJ Simpson money-making machine, and the poor murder victims were incidental. It was, it seems, all about business- the televised trial, endless commentaries on the newsmagazine shows and in the tabloid and mainstream media, book deals, Kato-celebrityism- it was really a low point for the justice system in Los Angeles, and in America.
I hope Lohan moves away from LA, it is toxic for her. And no, she is not blameless.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 09-25-2010 at 09:09 PM..
Old 09-25-2010, 06:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

i just can't feel sorry for lindsey~ the way she snubs her nose at the help being given to her & the way she thinks she above it all is sad~ i am sick of hearing about her every time i turn on the news~ she's never going to "get it" if people keep catering to her~

robert downey jr is a perfect example of how a person can turn themselves & career around~ hollywood got tired of dealing w/ his crap & he paid for it finally~ look at him now~ i personally do not consider lindsey a star of his caliber even, plus he's been around much longer~ but is it going to have her dying for her handlers, family & friends stop pussy footing around & get this chick the serious help she needs?~ no fancy LA rehab either, she needs to go somewhere far,far away from all her ass kissers & get straight~ if not, well then just go away already~
Old 09-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Send her back to the slammer until she learns her lesson, if that's possible. This girl is a total moron. She is on probation for DUI, drugs and alcohol, so what does she do...more drugs and alcohol. She has been to reahb four times. Even Stevie Nicks only required two visits
Old 09-25-2010, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilthefirefades View Post
I'm almost sick of defending her, and She is a great singer
Are you sure about that?
Old 09-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Are you sure about that?
Yes Viv, I am sure. She is a very talented girl that needs to grow up. Hilary has completely out-shined her for several years now, but I have no doubt in me that she could get clean and release another great album like her others.

Old 09-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS View Post
Send her back to the slammer until she learns her lesson, if that's possible.
In her case, I'm beginning to wonder if it is possible.