User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB View Post
Could it be that she doesn't have any new songs she feels would lend themselves to the Mac treatment, and plans to try to write while on tour? Just asking -- I don't know what her previous songwriting habits have been.
I thnk she wants to do Songs from the Vault 2. And she should.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I thnk she wants to do Songs from the Vault 2. And she should.
yeah but good lord, how long have these songs moldered in the vault?? suddenly after DECADES and DECADES in the vault, she's in a rush to churn them all out? really? I mean what's putting The Vault Vol. 2 on hold for an extra 6 mos. or a year going to hurt at this point? Give FM a few months FFS and then do Vault2. They are NOT mutually exclusive.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:50 PM
Registered

since this is just more mass hysteria from the interweb ....again here's a solution all 3 do a solo cd under the bands name
Attached Images
File Type: jpg soloalbums.jpg (23.8 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by olive; 10-13-2014 at 04:57 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
They should just go ahead and put out the album at the end of 2015 without Stevie if she isn't committed. I know that some of them would like to tour on new music, but Lindsey has certainly gone without touring to promote an album in the past (Tango, Go Insane, L & O). He can do it again. I would rather have an album and no tour, than no album.
OR, they can release it without Stevie and play new songs on tour. She doesn't have to be up on stage for every song.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-13-2014, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ugh. I know you're just making a joke, but seriously, that move was a total disaster for KISS. They over shipped a boatload of albums to make headlines, and none of them sold all that well, not even Ace Frehley's,and he was the only one with a hit. They remaindered those albums for YEARS. In fact the industry changed rules for certifying albums gold/platinum after that to wait a longer time and only certify based on albums SOLD not albums shipped.
That said, it didn't solve any of the personnel problems in the band. It just pits members even more against each other in a very public way.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-14-2014 at 12:13 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Does she really want to be known as the reason there was never another Mac record? That can't exactly look good for her, especially after the (what can only be called a) miracle of Christine's return.
Great point! At their ages, they don't have the luxury of time; all of their futures have a limit point. If Stevie's massive ego stalls the project, there will be a lot of resentment directed at her. I can't imagine what the **** her issue is. She certainly takes no umbrage touring with the band.

This is very perplexing. Lindsey and Christine seem very invigorated by the studio work their doing. Stevie seem invigorated by Christine's return to the band. It's reasonable to think she would want to collaborate and contribute on album that could potentially be the band's last stand.

Should attendees of Fleetwood Mac's concerts hold up banners and signs to persuade her to pull her big head out of her old ass, reminding her to play nice with the people who are responsible for her career, her fame and her wealth?

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-13-2014 at 05:42 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 05:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

Stevie has always sounded more reluctant than the others about a new album, maybe she is worried about how it might sell as some are saying?

My guess is that it's either Lindsey producing or her solo career that are the sticking points. I do hope she changes her mind, would hate to think Tango was the last studio album featuring these five that we'll ever get to hear
Old 10-13-2014, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
since this is just more mass hysteria from the interweb ....again here's a solution all 3 do a solo cd under the bands name
That's brilliant!

It's the perfect solution for their issues. Separate but together.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
I would hope Lindsey and Mick stand up to Stevie and tell her under no circumstances would they allow Dave Stewart to co produce a fleetwood mac cd. It would be horrible to have his crappy bubble gum sound on their cd. His sound is way too different than the Mac's sound and would take it in a direction I pray Lindsey would never accept..

ITA. Dave is acceptable for Stevie but not FM.
I don't even think Lindsey should produce it, though I think Lindsey does a better job on Stevie's songs than Dave does.

I really don't think they (or Stevie specifically) care about a record. they're all about the tour. that's where there $$ comes from.

Though I have to wonder if Stevie even has anything to bring to the table, songwise. Like, what if she has nothing and just doesn't want to compete with Chris
Old 10-13-2014, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
I would hope Lindsey and Mick stand up to Stevie and tell her under no circumstances would they allow Dave Stewart to co produce a fleetwood mac cd. It would be horrible to have his crappy bubble gum sound on their cd. His sound is way too different than the Mac's sound and would take it in a direction I pray Lindsey would never accept.

The Mac members have all made enough money off this tour to last them the rest of their lives, they should not have to bend over for Stevie and Dave. Kick them both to the curb.

Hopefully she is just holding out for more money.
Why would you hope she is holding out for more money? As you said, they all have plenty of money for the rest of their lives, so that would seem to be the silliest of reasons. I would much rather have it be over the production and artistic direction of her own songs.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
When was the last time she wrote something of a high caliber that wasn't from the vault and Lindsey won't roll his eyes when he hears (e.g. Moonlight or Annabel Lee)?
If this is something Lindsey would actually do, Stevie's reluctance to record would be more than understandable.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
Stevie has always sounded more reluctant than the others about a new album, maybe she is worried about how it might sell as some are saying?

(
I wonder how that would have any relevance. If they happen to make a good album and it doesn't bust up the charts, so what? It's not going to end their careers or tarnish their longstanding reputation. Their futures won't be thrust into peril.

In talking about her new album, Stevie has mentioned, in some fashion, that making good music is more of a priority than sales numbers. So why would that be an issue for her in context of Fleetwood Mac?
Old 10-13-2014, 06:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

I definitely think Lindsey and Christine want a new album made, we know they've been in the studio and they sounded quite enthusiastic about the new songs. Also Lindsey has mentioned a few times at the concerts about there being more to come from them.

I may be wrong but I also don't think Christine re-joined just to tour again, I do think she expected them to record some new music, but who knows
Old 10-13-2014, 06:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I wonder how that would have any relevance. If they happen to make a good album and it doesn't bust up the charts, so what? It's not going to end their careers or tarnish their longstanding reputation. Their futures won't be thrust into peril.

In talking about her new album, Stevie has mentioned, in some fashion, that making good music is more of a priority than sales numbers. So why would that be an issue for her in context of Fleetwood Mac?
Sorry, just saw this after my last post!

I'm only going by what she's said in recent years about how the music industry has changed and how it is difficult to sell albums compared to the past. Wasn't she meant to be disappointed with the sales for her last album too? It did seem to bother her. If FM sold poorly maybe she'd feel it was a double blow.

I couldn't care less how it sells personally, just give us new music!
Old 10-13-2014, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
I may be wrong but I also don't think Christine re-joined just to tour again, I do think she expected them to record some new music, but who knows
She definitely wants to do more new music, which is why everybody but Stevie was at the Village earlier this year.

THE Stephen Hopkins