The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What should my blog username be?
Velvet Underground 5 33.33%
Outside the Rain 3 20.00%
Never Break The Chain 7 46.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Registered

Default Looking for a NEW NAME

I made a poll this time, Ledge moderators, please feel free to delete the other thread

People get to confused with "Fleetwood Mac Fans". Is it random fleetwood mac fans posting? No it just me

I came up with a list of choices of what I can rename to

Velvet Underground
Outside the Rain
Never Break The Chain

Please suggest some more!
Old 10-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Velvet Underground would conjure up images of the Lou Reed/John Cale/Nico band that Andy Warhol helped promote. (not that Fleetwood Mac fans have any scruples about taking other band's names for things...i.e. "white album"...there's only ONE band with a "white album" BEATLES, get over it...and now "Velvet Underground"??? Probably Stevie's WORST choice of lyrical content...other than "what'samatta baby". )

Outside the Rain sounds like it would be mainly Stevie solo.

So by default...there's your answer.

Last edited by chiliD; 10-03-2014 at 05:38 PM..
Old 10-03-2014, 07:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

I agree with chiliD that when I hear "Velvet Underground" I think first of the band and all the images it conjures up and think lastly of the line from Gypsy.

I also agree that Outside the Rain speaks more to solo Stevie than the entire band and all of its entities as the song really doesn't have any Fleetwood Mac association outside the "well, Mick says Stevie this is just one more link in the chain" during shows.

Of the three choices you have here I have to go with "Never Break the Chain". That's a nice name and it includes all the links in the Fleetwood Mac chain rather than just one.

"I think animal testing is a terrible idea. They get all nervous and give silly answers."--Stephen Fry, A Bit of Fry & Laurie
Old 10-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I asked about that on here some time back and a super Nicks fan was kind enough to fill me in about a shop in San Fran named Velvet Underground that Stevie used to hang out at in the Fritz days. Something to that effect. Oh to be able to time travel back to 1967 and go on a spree, or maybe further back and check out Mike Ferguson of The Charlatans Victorian/Edwardian goods shop 'for Madmen only'?

Anyway, Reed & Cale took the name from a trashy paperback they laughed about, the clothing boutique would have to be cooler!

How about Silver Spoon Digger, or is that taken already?
Old 10-04-2014, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

I may be wrong but I didn't think you could just change your username here. I guess you could create a 2nd account but I'm not sure if Michele would want that. Didn't SteveMacD want to change his user name but it wasn't possible? Maybe that was just wanting to keep the same account but have someone go in on the back end and change it?

Anyway, of these choices, I like Velvet Underground but that's just because I like the band, nothing to do with FM. Good luck in any case getting it changed.

John
Old 10-04-2014, 08:32 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
I may be wrong but I didn't think you could just change your username here. I guess you could create a 2nd account but I'm not sure if Michele would want that. Didn't SteveMacD want to change his user name but it wasn't possible? Maybe that was just wanting to keep the same account but have someone go in on the back end and change it?

Anyway, of these choices, I like Velvet Underground but that's just because I like the band, nothing to do with FM. Good luck in any case getting it changed.

John
I mean my blog username

Anyone have other suggestions
Old 10-04-2014, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
I mean my blog username

Anyone have other suggestions
Ah, I see.

John
Old 10-04-2014, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post

John
And he got bant for 30 days, for repeated requests to do so!
Old 10-06-2014, 08:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

How about "Step Into The Velvet of the Morning" versus Velvet Underground? Love that line and that's what popped into my head so just tossing it out there. Endless awesomeStevie lyrics but are you looking to focus mostly on Stevie or the band as a whole? I would honestly guess that Never Break the Chain has been done before...
Old 10-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCastASpell View Post
How about "Step Into The Velvet of the Morning" versus Velvet Underground? Love that line and that's what popped into my head so just tossing it out there. Endless awesomeStevie lyrics but are you looking to focus mostly on Stevie or the band as a whole? I would honestly guess that Never Break the Chain has been done before...
That's a great idea, but lets try something a little bit shorter
Old 10-07-2014, 02:46 AM

I think "never break the chain" it's a bit overused, I follow 2 other blogs that have the same name. I find difficult to discern different blogs with similar names.
I think "Outside the rain" is the best choice between them, it's immediately recognizable while it's not inflated.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
That's a great idea, but lets try something a little bit shorter
Gotcha. I'm a longwinded person, if I ever started a Stevie blog, that's my name. Actually sort of reminds me of an old Sarah McLachlan blog/website I used to follow called "The Sea of Waking Dreams". Definitely need an iconic but sort of unique (compared to others blog titles) title. Tough one really..

Still thinking honestly... Mistress of My (Her?) Fate? Time Cast a Spell (though uh I even own the gmail account to that so...)

Would you prefer a Stevie related name or a more general Mac name? Of the options, I agree with Outside the Rain, if you're going for more of a Stevie focus. If not, I'd keep looking. Play some music until something jumps out?

BTW- love your 24K site, especially the demo page- I had been hoping to find a list or links to all of the demos so that's incredible. Haven't had enough chance to browse your other blog but I assume that's the one you want the title for?

Last edited by TimeCastASpell; 10-07-2014 at 05:16 PM..
Old 10-07-2014, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Never Break The Chain sounds great.Its neutral.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016