The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've thought about that at times also. Was Lindsey abusive to Stevie and that's why he was let go? But why even keep it secret? He has always been known as volatile. If it was verbal abuse, again, there is no reason to keep that secret. You go on TV and say Lindsey just became to verbally abusive to work with anymore.

The whole debacle just makes Stevie and Mick look bad.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 02-19-2019, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie and Karen thought everything Lindsey did was abusive. “Lindsey has requested that we turn the music down ...” They thought that was abusive.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
I'm just surprised that Lindsey wasn't a full partner immune from firing. I wonder whether he tried to negotiate for such an arrangement when he rejoined in 1997. He certainly should have.
Lindsey's lawsuit against the band seems to indicate the legal infrastructure of the band was more or less an ad hoc document for each specific tour. At least that's my reading of it.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Years.? these people's relationships have been so volatile for so many decades that things can go all bad in an instant. Which makes it even more mind boggling that Lindsey was fired for an alleged smirk..for fuk's sake these two have tried to kill each other before.
Or they've been pretending to be volatile. Or they've been convinced by their own myth that they're volatile, and have only acted out on that.

Imagine in an alternative reality that the band's audience had invested more interest in the music and the instrumental and vocal craft of Fleetwood Mac than in the epic psychodrama. Would there have even been an epic psychodrama? The latter is like the Iliad; after fifty years, no one knows whether it started as true and degenerated, or whether it was originally written by a single visionary and then picked up by an oracular committee of fellow bandmembers and rock press, or whether the it is the only actual, verifiable truth about the band—all those other stories about them playing instruments in a cool way or singing in weirdly wondrous three-part harmony being just press agent fluff.

The shippers think they're hurt? How about those of us who thought the band's achievement was its music?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-19-2019, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The shippers think they're hurt? How about those of us who thought the band's achievement was its music?
100%.

It seems music always has to be sold with some story. It can't just be "Talented people get together to make great music."
Old 02-19-2019, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The conspiracy theories are what kills me. Numerous people on social media claim they lied to protect his income and image etc. Please if he was abusive in any way towards anyone I highly doubt they would have let that pass. Christine wouldn't have taken that lightly. People need to wake up and realize she instigated this for no good reason. I know some of you don't want to admit the truth but as a long time SN Fan her actions this past year were pretty low.

If you have to lie on TV and then refuse to talk about it etc then you know what you have done. The band may be selling out but it doesn't take away what they did to him and what the have become ( a stale nostalgia act resting on the same 10- 15 songs with a handful of deep cuts vs making new music and being creative). Sadly they are all about the money.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Or they've been pretending to be volatile. Or they've been convinced by their own myth that they're volatile, and have only acted out on that.

Imagine in an alternative reality that the band's audience had invested more interest in the music and the instrumental and vocal craft of Fleetwood Mac than in the epic psychodrama. Would there have even been an epic psychodrama? The latter is like the Iliad; after fifty years, no one knows whether it started as true and degenerated, or whether it was originally written by a single visionary and then picked up by an oracular committee of fellow bandmembers and rock press, or whether the it is the only actual, verifiable truth about the band—all those other stories about them playing instruments in a cool way or singing in weirdly wondrous three-part harmony being just press agent fluff.
Sooooo, about that lost city of Atlantis ...
Old 02-20-2019, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
The conspiracy theories are what kills me. Numerous people on social media claim they lied to protect his income and image etc. Please if he was abusive in any way towards anyone I highly doubt they would have let that pass. Christine wouldn't have taken that lightly. People need to wake up and realize she instigated this for no good reason. I know some of you don't want to admit the truth but as a long time SN Fan her actions this past year were pretty low.

If you have to lie on TV and then refuse to talk about it etc then you know what you have done. The band may be selling out but it doesn't take away what they did to him and what the have become ( a stale nostalgia act resting on the same 10- 15 songs with a handful of deep cuts vs making new music and being creative). Sadly they are all about the money.
You say FM fired Lindsey for no good reason, but in their eyes, they obviously felt they had good reason to, otherwise they wouldn't have.

You say that after they fired Lindsey, FM became a stale nostalgia act. Isn't that what they've been for the most part since 1996? With the exception of the Say You Will tour, every tour since was just that, yet you say they only became a stale nostalgia act once Lindsey was fired. Lindsey may have wanted to record new music, but he was just as fine touring without it as the other members were, or he wouldn't have done it. And he did so, several times.

After hearing Say You Will and the EP, I would much rather hear deep cuts than new music. Deep cuts performed live is like performing new songs, only better, because they were recorded when the band were at their creative peak.

Yes, FM is all about the money. So is Lindsey- that's why he sued them for millions of dollars, because they cut him out of the tour. The same tour you say was a stale nostalgia act resting on the same 10-15 songs they always do. Lindsey wanted to be a part of that stale nostalgia act. I can't criticize anyone for wanting to make money, not Fleetwood Mac and not Lindsey.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Did you even read the lawsuit?

"You say FM fired Lindsey for no good reason, but in their eyes, they obviously felt they had good reason to, otherwise they wouldn't have."

LOL...right out of the gate you're jumping to giant conclusions with this statement and giving these people way more credit than they probably deserve.

It's been publicly stated that this was indeed at Stevie/Lindsey riff and Stevie put the ultimatum on the table.

Christine was left in the dark
John just went with the flow
Mick supported Stevie because....that's what those two do. I'm trying to be kind here.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Did you even read the lawsuit?

"You say FM fired Lindsey for no good reason, but in their eyes, they obviously felt they had good reason to, otherwise they wouldn't have."

LOL...right out of the gate you're jumping to giant conclusions with this statement and giving these people way more credit than they probably deserve.

It's been publicly stated that this was indeed at Stevie/Lindsey riff and Stevie put the ultimatum on the table.

Christine was left in the dark
John just went with the flow
Mick supported Stevie because....that's what those two do. I'm trying to be kind here.
Many $tevie worshipers will never see anything that discolors their crystal vision of her. They refuse. $he could cut their Mother's throat, and it would somehow be Mom's fault. "Mom, you shouldn't have talked back to $tevie!"
Old 02-20-2019, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
I agree they handled things quite badly, but truth be told we have no idea what Lindsey was like behind closed doors. We don't know what Stevie had been putting up with, and frankly it's none of our business.

With that in mind, we also don't know how Stevie is behind closed doors. If you look past the gold dust cloud, you can see she's not exactly the person she's letting her fans believe she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Omg!!!! Hahahaha, this is the most ridiculous speculation ever. If he had done something like that, you can bet she would have had him arrested. Not given the band an ultimatum and had him fired and then LIED about why. And he would have known why he was being fired, not having to be informed my Azoff.

When they lied about the reasons for his firing, that’s when their whole story unraveled. If it was a legit reason, there would be no reason to lie.

And if you want to claim they lied to protect him because he did something awful, NOPE, they would have used that reason publicly to do it because Stevie would love to let everyone know how bad he was.

Face it Stevie-folks, your queen screwed up. I will admit it and I used to be a Stevie-folk. (Can you tell I’m not anymore??)
THIS! Stevie's fans are trying to come up with all kinds of ridiculous stories to avoid the truth. First, Lindsey didn't want to tour. Once HE cleared that up, they went on with the abusive card. But how can you defend that theory when you have been married and with children for the past 20 years and your family is supporting you at all times?
Now they're with the "we don't know what truly happened" card.
Well, Stevie told us what happened. But she lied. Same with Mick. Because they had no excuse for what they did other than Stevie being jealous of BuckVie (the bond, not the money they made) and of his family.

And they're IN NO WAY protecting Lindsey because he did something bad. Please!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post

Straight from the mouth of a longtime SN fan. I don't know what else they need.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
You say FM fired Lindsey for no good reason, but in their eyes, they obviously felt they had good reason to, otherwise they wouldn't have.
Then why didn't they fire him in the traditional way?
Why did they deny he had been fired?
Why did they lie on national tv about the reasons? And why did that lie involved Lindsey?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."

Last edited by button-lip; 02-20-2019 at 12:40 PM..
Old 02-20-2019, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Many $tevie worshipers will never see anything that discolors their crystal vision of her. They refuse. $he could cut their Mother's throat, and it would somehow be Mom's fault. "Mom, you shouldn't have talked back to $tevie!"
That's how you act when you're part of a cult.

I'm sure many of them would do ANYTHING to get Stevie's approval. Too bad she doesn't even know who they are. They're just numbers on a sold out arena.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
while we are in the threat about Lindsey having a near-death emergency why not do yet another round of lather - rinse - repeat that was beaten to the ground last year, right? yes in their (Mick and Azoff) eyes there was a good green reason.
#negativity

Quote:
Yes, FM is all about the money. So is Lindsey- that's why he sued them for millions of dollars
yes. like when John couldn't do Australian tour because he needed cancer treatments, and Mick and Stevie were ready to toss him out right there - and Lindsey said no. it was about the money then too. shows how they are equal in that thinking.

he sued them to get the truth out. the truth that so many apparently still don't want to see. it's easier to pretend these people are "angels" bringing the light and sounding oh so great.

let's pretend that regurgitated pre-written pre-supplied reviews with exact same wording and talking points from date to date reflect the reality.
#refreshed
#re-energized
#renewed
better-than!ever
Stevie the queen of youth
Christine sounding oh so bad

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-20-2019, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Imagine in an alternative reality that the band's audience had invested more interest in the music and the instrumental and vocal craft of Fleetwood Mac than in the epic psychodrama. Would there have even been an epic psychodrama? .... The shippers think they're hurt? How about those of us who thought the band's achievement was its music?
Bravo! I sometimes think I'm weird because my interest in this band stems from my love of their music, and not some voyeuristic obsession with the personal relationships within the band.