Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2018, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I think all of this is simpler than we assume

I think LB said I’m not touring without new music. And the band (Stevie) said not recording. And it was a simple vote in favor of Stevie. The rest of the reasons and the end of the day are window dressing.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You could be right. Also Stevie can NOT write by herself anymore. She needs someone to do most of the heavy lifting. M. Campbell will do that for her.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
I think LB said I’m not touring without new music. And the band (Stevie) said not recording. And it was a simple vote in favor of Stevie. The rest of the reasons and the end of the day are window dressing.
Lindsey never said he was not touring, no matter if the music was new or old. We all saw it in that video.

The reason was simple, but it was not the one you’re saying
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
You could be right. Also Stevie can NOT write by herself anymore. She needs someone to do most of the heavy lifting. M. Campbell will do that for her.
Well, Lindsey did that for 40 years. But her bloated ego won't allow that anymore.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
On premise, I SO want to believe that, but then the interview today...it was beyond awkward. All of them. I feel like if it was cut and dry, the interview would have come across far more genuine. It really didn’t. Now, Mick really did leave the door open, by skirting around the word “fire” (albeit doing it terribly)and so did little crocodile tears. Given this is not a global tour (FM not going to EU???), I don’t think they have any notion this is their farewell....SO who will extend the olive branch to Lindsey, and will he receptive. Honestly I think it would need to be John and go something to the effect, “we suck, we all (you included LB)f’d up. Let’s end this right!”
Old 04-25-2018, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
On premise, I SO want to believe that, but then the interview today...it was beyond awkward. All of them. I feel like if it was cut and dry, the interview would have come across far more genuine. It really didn’t. Now, Mick really did leave the door open, by skirting around the word “fire” (albeit doing it terribly)and so did little crocodile tears. Given this is not a global tour (FM not going to EU???), I don’t think they have any notion this is their farewell....SO who will extend the olive branch to Lindsey, and will he receptive. Honestly I think it would need to be John and go something to the effect, “we suck, we all (you included LB)f’d up. Let’s end this right!”
Yeah, it could be, but Stevie will never allow it. Unless this tour sucks big time. But it won't, so
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-25-2018, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Lindsey never said he was not touring, no matter if the music was new or old. We all saw it in that video.

The reason was simple, but it was not the one you’re saying
MF said he wouldn’t sign on the dotted line. I think that’s accurate. It was a game of chicken, LB wanted new music. The band didn’t blink, and worked behind his back to move on. The whole “he wanted to make us wait a year” line is a partial truth not because he wanted to avoid a tour, because he wanted to record before agreeing to a tour. In fairness this happened in Jan/Feb and they are waiting 9 months anyway from that point to start the tour. Add in 2 months to write and record and that’s the “year” they reference. Or the “two years” (from the last tour) that Ken C has stated.

At the end of the day I think LB said I’m not going out for a cash grab only tour, and they said “well we are, so see ya”

She who will not be named probably sees it as something more. But I’m not sure the rest do. I think Mic would take LB back in a heartbeat if it equaled more money.

Last edited by ryan4136; 04-25-2018 at 05:43 PM..
Old 04-25-2018, 05:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Video...?

Admittedly, I'm not as up on this as everyone else seems to be. What video is everyone referencing as proof that Stevie is the evil mastermind behind all this?
Old 04-25-2018, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
Admittedly, I'm not as up on this as everyone else seems to be. What video is everyone referencing as proof that Stevie is the evil mastermind behind all this?
To me, the part of the Rolling Stone interview where Stevie says “I just want to be happy the next 10 years of my life” says it all. This was about HER, not the greater good of Fleetwood Mac or it’s fanbase. She was tired of Lindsey’s antangonism and insistence on a new album, so she orchestrated an ultimatum. Only tours from here out- no new albums; take it or leave it (knowing Lindsey would leave it). The rest of the band recorded the Buckingham McVie album; it’s clear as day who refused to participate and got the FM name removed from it. Like others have said, this has all been a high stakes game of chicken. We see who won. The whole band knows what would happen if Stevie were to leave, which is why they ultimately backed her instead.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
MF said he wouldn’t sign on the dotted line. I think that’s accurate. It was a game of chicken, LB wanted new music. The band didn’t blink, and worked behind his back to move on. The whole “he wanted to make us wait a year” line is a partial truth not because he wanted to avoid a tour, because he wanted to record before agreeing to a tour. In fairness this happened in Jan/Feb and they are waiting 9 months anyway from that point to start the tour. Add in 2 months to write and record and that’s the “year” they reference. Or the “two years” (from the last tour) that Ken C has stated.

At the end of the day I think LB said I’m not going out for a cash grab only tour, and they said “well we are, so see ya”

She who will not be named probably sees it as something more. But I’m not sure the rest do. I think Mic would take LB back in a heartbeat if it equaled more money.
I'm confused. When did Lindsey say he wanted to do new FM music? Now? When? Because then it's impossible the rest of the band would have said 'no' if they're now talking about doing a new FM album.
Lindsey had given up about doing a new album with the band a long time ago.

If you're talking about his solo album, it was ready. And he could have done his solo tour before the FM tour started.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
To me, the part of the Rolling Stone interview where Stevie says “I just want to be happy the next 10 years of my life” says it all. This was about HER, not the greater good of Fleetwood Mac or it’s fanbase. She was tired of Lindsey’s antangonism and insistence on a new album, so she orchestrated an ultimatum. Only tours from here out- no new albums; take it or leave it (knowing Lindsey would leave it). The rest of the band recorded the Buckingham McVie album; it’s clear as day who refused to participate and got the FM name removed from it. Like others have said, this has all been a high stakes game of chicken. We see who won. The whole band knows what would happen if Stevie were to leave, which is why they ultimately backed her instead.
It's so nice when you don't have to explain the same thing over and over again. So, thank you

That phrase says it all. She practically admitted she was tired of him and wanted him out.

But he gave up on doing a FM album a long time ago.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, it could be, but Stevie will never allow it. Unless this tour sucks big time. But it won't, so
I'm not so sure. I mentioned before that comments are running for Lindsey about 10-1 on Twitter. The tour may very well suck, and that would be righteous. #IStandwithLindsey
Old 04-25-2018, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey had given up about doing a new album with the band a long time ago.
I can’t say I agree with this at all. The EP was Lindsey’s way of trying to get Stevie to dip her toes into the water of recording with him again. He agreed to help with her In Your Dreams solo album. Lindsey spoke for years about recording songs in keys which dovetailed with Stevie’s range. He played the game of chicken when he recorded the Buckingham McVie album with the rest of the band- I suspect he felt that would entice Stevie to join them. Instead it backfired and Stevie most certainly got the FM name yanked from the album. He did years of cash grab tours and mellowed his experimental style on the EP, Buckingham McVie, and his soundtrack songs; all in the hopes of getting into Stevie’s good graces- to no avail.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is very simple - she said him or me and Moneybags Fleetwood obviously picked the best answer for his wallet. Edit: Yeah, the McVie's went along with this too. They shouldn't come away unscathed in this. They agreed and let this happen.

As for the tour being a bust or sucking, I truly don't think that technically it will suck at all. Fleetwood and the McVie's are excellent musicians and it appears the same backing band will be there to provide the foundation as before. Mike Campbell is an excellent guitar player and will be fine. I don't know Finn's work much but the guy is a professional and will do his parts fine.

But it will lack SOMETHING. In the same way that the 1987-90 bands were missing something. The shows were technically proficient but they lacked a certain chemistry and haven't aged well at all - they sound sterile and routine. I feel this will be more of the same, even though I'd have to say Campbell is a far more dynamic player than Vito ever was. That chemistry was blatantly obvious during The Dance. Something about that fivesome just works. It's all of the history and drama and tension along with the fact that they just create good music together.

Last edited by jmn3; 04-25-2018 at 06:38 PM..
Old 04-25-2018, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I can’t say I agree with this at all. The EP was Lindsey’s way of trying to get Stevie to dip her toes into the water of recording with him again. He agreed to help with her In Your Dreams solo album. Lindsey spoke for years about recording songs in keys which dovetailed with Stevie’s range. He played the game of chicken when he recorded the Buckingham McVie album with the rest of the band- I suspect he felt that would entice Stevie to join them. Instead it backfired and Stevie most certainly got the FM name yanked from the album. He did years of cash grab tours and mellowed his experimental style on the EP, Buckingham McVie, and his soundtrack songs; all in the hopes of getting into Stevie’s good graces- to no avail.
yes to all of this.

i think button-lip is talking about present day - he gave up on trying to push for an FM 5 album in 2018. actually he gave up at the end of 2016 when they decided to put it out as BuckVie.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"