Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Michael Green

So if memory serves me right, PG's brother Michael wrote some of the material that turned up on PG's solo albums, and did the vocals on one track 'White Sky (Love That Evil Woman)'.

My question is did Michael Green do vocals on other PG tracks (can't think of any off the top of my head) and did he do any other vocal recordings or songwriting other than with PG?

Now this also leads me to another question that I have thought of while writing this. On the PG Anthology (of which I don't have a physical copy just an mp3 copy) the version of White Sky (Love That Evil Woman) is listed as "with Fleetwood Mac". I'm assume this is an error (as I think it is the same version as the album version) but not having any liner notes to check, I need to ask. Thanks!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
So if memory serves me right, PG's brother Michael wrote some of the material that turned up on PG's solo albums, and did the vocals on one track 'White Sky (Love That Evil Woman)'.

My question is did Michael Green do vocals on other PG tracks (can't think of any off the top of my head) and did he do any other vocal recordings or songwriting other than with PG?

Now this also leads me to another question that I have thought of while writing this. On the PG Anthology (of which I don't have a physical copy just an mp3 copy) the version of White Sky (Love That Evil Woman) is listed as "with Fleetwood Mac". I'm assume this is an error (as I think it is the same version as the album version) but not having any liner notes to check, I need to ask. Thanks!
I have just wondered about this some days ago when I listened to disc three of The Anthology. Here it is listed as track 07 and with"Fleetwood Mac", but it obviously isn't, and the liner notes underneath states that this "nine-minutes of intense vocal (by Michael Green) and guitar riffing....is one of Greens heavier rock-outings" and that the song has some of Peter Greens finest guitar work of the eighties" The song was apparently done in one take (according to the liner notes). The album White Sky was released on PVK in 1982.
When The Anthology was released, there was a discussion here on The Ledge, about it's different errors. Pictures thet were dated wrong ect. So listing White Sky as a Fleetwood Mac piece, is obviously wrong.

Ms Moose

Last edited by Ms Moose; 04-28-2011 at 12:09 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 04-28-2011, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, just an artwork error. I kind of like the box now; it's just that it could have been so much better.

Mike Green sings Liquor and You and Gotta Do It with Me on the Kolors album. Don't know anything about his career otherwise.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Although a lot can be said about Peter's career from '79 to '84, Michael Green did write some great songs!
Old 04-28-2011, 05:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
When The Anthology was released, there was a discussion here on The Ledge, about it's different errors. Pictures thet were dated wrong ect. So listing White Sky as a Fleetwood Mac piece, is obviously wrong.
Ms Moose
Thanks, I knew I'd never heard that song being performed by Fleetwood Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
Yes, just an artwork error. I kind of like the box now; it's just that it could have been so much better.

Mike Green sings Liquor and You and Gotta Do It with Me on the Kolors album. Don't know anything about his career otherwise.
Great, I shall now go and re-listen to those two songs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven View Post
Although a lot can be said about Peter's career from '79 to '84, Michael Green did write some great songs!
Yes he did write some really good ones that Peter sang, really weird if he didn't do anything else with his songwriting and singing once Peter stopped recording. White Sky is actually one of my favourite tracks off that album.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yes, it could have been much better. There are some perculiar choises in the sequence of the songs, and it it worst on disc 3 - the one with White Sky on it.

I think Michael is a guitar teacher. Maybe our friend Mario knows?

Ms Moose
Old 04-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, it could have been much better. There are some perculiar choises in the sequence of the songs, and it it worst on disc 3 - the one with White Sky on it.

I think Michael is a guitar teacher. Maybe our friend Mario knows?

Ms Moose
Yeah, how about this sequence from that disc:

Before The Beginning With Fleetwood Mac
Momma Don'tcha Cry Peter Green, solo
Underway With Fleetwood Mac
Rattlesnake Shake With Fleetwood Mac
It's Gonna Be Me Peter Green, solo
White Sky (love that evil woman) Peter Green, solo
The Green Manalishi (with The Two Prong Crown) With Fleetwood Mac
Show-biz Blues With Fleetwood Mac
In The Skies Peter Green, solo

It's certainly innovative, but makes for some strange listening.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, how about this sequence from that disc:

Before The Beginning With Fleetwood Mac
Momma Don'tcha Cry Peter Green, solo
Underway With Fleetwood Mac
Rattlesnake Shake With Fleetwood Mac
It's Gonna Be Me Peter Green, solo
White Sky (love that evil woman) Peter Green, solo
The Green Manalishi (with The Two Prong Crown) With Fleetwood Mac
Show-biz Blues With Fleetwood Mac
In The Skies Peter Green, solo

It's certainly innovative, but makes for some strange listening.
Very strange indeed! It's is very confusing because there is no red thread in it at all. I read somewhere that PG had had a hand in the making of the Anthology himself. Maybe he selected disc three from a very ideosyncratic idea himself I mean WHY oh WHY this sequence of songs? What is the logic behind it?

Ms Moose (Mystified)
Old 05-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Very strange indeed! It's is very confusing because there is no red thread in it at all. I read somewhere that PG had had a hand in the making of the Anthology himself. Maybe he selected disc three from a very ideosyncratic idea himself I mean WHY oh WHY this sequence of songs? What is the logic behind it?

Ms Moose (Mystified)
That is the only trouble with the "Anthology"......when I think about an Anthology spanning the whole artist's carrer, I would like to put the tracks in cronological order.......
Old 05-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Anthology

It would be of interest to know how it was decided
I, too , understood that Peter had a hand in it.
Could the track order be like a setlist? Peter Green was good at that.
They knew his cronology so there must be a reason.

dooddyhead
Old 05-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
It would be of interest to know how it was decided
I, too , understood that Peter had a hand in it.
Could the track order be like a setlist? Peter Green was good at that.
They knew his cronology so there must be a reason.

dooddyhead
Indeed Peter was involved, but I think it was only for the choice of the tracks......
I don't think he put hands on the final tracks listing/order.....