User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2018, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
If you think Stevie has never let her solo career get in the way of Fleetwood Mac I don't know what to tell you. When they were recording Tango in the Night, she flew off to Australia to go sing with Tom Petty. They all wanted to start working on an album right after The Dance (understandably, as that would've been the smartest move to capitalize off the success of The Dance) but Stevie was busy with Trouble in Shangri-La and so that album didn't happen till nearly 6 years later, and it had to be yet another case of Lindsey giving his solo album for it. And then after Unleashed, they were supposed to go on the road in 2011, but Mick agreed to give Stevie and Lindsey that year for their solo projects and then they'd go back on the road in 2012. Lindsey took the year and was ready for FM as scheduled but Stevie did not stop and delayed them yet another year.
after Unleashed they were supposed to go in the studio. Lindsey was talking about it at Unleashed shows, there are many videos. but Stevie put her solo first yet again, and went to record IYD. the band - again - had to adjust. Lindsey was talking about it during Seeds solo shows - he had a speech about never planning to do a solo album that he was supposed to work with FM but the time "opened up" so he made Seeds in 2010 and toured it in 2011. then they were supposed to work as FM in 2012, but again SN refused and that's when Mick's Playboy interview happened, proclaiming Mac being dead because Stevie yet again delayed anything to do with Mac.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-05-2018, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
after Unleashed they were supposed to go in the studio. Lindsey was talking about it at Unleashed shows, there are many videos. but Stevie put her solo first yet again, and went to record IYD. the band - again - had to adjust. Lindsey was talking about it during Seeds solo shows - he had a speech about never planning to do a solo album that he was supposed to work with FM but the time "opened up" so he made Seeds in 2010 and toured it in 2011. then they were supposed to work as FM in 2012, but again SN refused and that's when Mick's Playboy interview happened, proclaiming Mac being dead because Stevie yet again delayed anything to do with Mac.
Stevie was too busy opening for Rod Stewart in 2011...
Old 05-05-2018, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Red face

You have some good points I will admit. But you're arguing that Lindsey always does for the band what they expect of him, which can't be true. If he did exactly what the band asked of him like you're saying, then there is no way they would have sacked him. Does anyone honestly believe that Lindsey wasn't Mick and John's and Christine's first choice? I'll concede Stevie might have wanted Mike more than Lindsey but everyone else in the band wanted to try and make it work with Lindsey but they had irreconcilable differences. Anyone who thinks they fired Lindsey flippantly or that they didn't want to try to make it work with lindsey is kidding themselves. This decision was a last resort.
I still say I would have preferred they did not replace him. Or maybe bring Mike in but not Neil. The Chris and Stevie show would have been something new and daring instead of playing it safe. And if they didn't replace Lindsey, he would be more likely to come back on any other tour in the future because he would not feel betrayed like He probably does now.

Last edited by secret love; 05-05-2018 at 08:43 PM..
Old 05-05-2018, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
You have some good points I will admit. But you're arguing that Lindsey always does for the band what they expect of him, which can't be true. If he did exactly what the band asked of him like you're saying, then there is no way they would have sacked him. Does anyone honestly believe that Lindsey wasn't Mick and John's and Christine's first choice? I'll concede Stevie might have wanted Mike more than Lindsey but everyone else in the band wanted to try and make it work with Lindsey but they had irreconcilable differences. Anyone who thinks they fired Lindsey flippantly or that they didn't want to try to make it work with lindsey is kidding themselves. This decision was a last resort.
I still say I would have preferred they did not replace him. Or maybe bring Mike in but not Neil. The Chris and Stevie show would have been something new and daring instead of playing it safe. And if they didn't replace Lindsey, he would be more likely to come back on any other tour in the future because he would not feel betrayed like He probably does now.
I'm not saying Lindsey has always been some perfect little obedient angel who does whatever the band wants of him. I'm sure that whatever he was insistent about (which was the two tours, not the delay) was probably an annoying request to have to plan around and why couldn't he just have waited until after. It's my belief that they fired Lindsey because after that (and a lot of other things influencing it), Stevie decided she didn't want to put up with their difficult relationship anymore and insisted on it, through an ultimatum or some other means. I'm sure the other members would have wanted to work it out but Stevie didn't, not anymore, and because she's THE money-maker for the band, it happened.
But my main point here is that this just isn't fair. I don't doubt Lindsey could be quite difficult in the past and even more recently (i.e. SYW), but he's always done the work. He put a lot of effort into this band and aside from backing out of the Tango tour because he was going nuts, he's never really let the band down in that regard. Stevie on the other hand, has, several times, not given her all to the band or has totally blown them off. It's not right that Stevie's allowed to do that and come back whenever she wants, but others can't.
Old 05-06-2018, 04:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I ran into him by accident in Bristol Farms grocery store here in LA. He was set up in a little table hawking his wine. If there were 2 people there that was a lot. It was EMBARRASSING. I went up to him bought a bottle of wine and told him I was a big fan an I would be happy to try his wine. The man was a DOUCHEBAG. End of story. BTW I'm not a excited fan stalker. I live in LA and see tons of celebrities so it wasn't like I was making him uncomfortable. D BAG.
How was he a douchebag? I mean, if there were like 2 people there (and you so that's 3) you would think he'd be nice and glad you came, right?

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-06-2018, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
How was he a douchebag? I mean, if there were like 2 people there (and you so that's 3) you would think he'd be nice and glad you came, right?
maybe Mick was embarrassed and in bad mood since he was wasting his time sitting there trying to sell wine but nobody was coming around and buying? obviously no reason to be a douchebag, why not make life nicer for yourself and people who actually do come around, but just trying to think of a possible reason.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-06-2018, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I hope this is on topic because Lord knows everyone will shoot me down to hell if it's not.
When do you think Lindsey will make a statement? Or will he remain silent?
And will the new Fleetwood Mac have any new songs to tour with?
I think the biggest driver of new music was Lindsey and now he's gone.
But I'm not going to sit here and pretend like so many Lindsey fans do that he did absolutely nothing wrong. People like Elle even concede that Lindsey wanted to try fitting in his solo shows in between Mac dates. You just can't do that. You're either fully committed to your band or you're not. You can't have it both ways. He should do his solo tour before or after the Fleetwood Mac tour. That's what he always used to do. It's what Stevie does. It's what Mick and his blues band do. It's what Christine did when she toured her 1984 album. Why should Lindsey be the exception?
Old 05-06-2018, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Seriously I can’t believe that line was typed by anyone...I mean...REALLY!?
Old 05-06-2018, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Seriously I can’t believe that line was typed by anyone...I mean...REALLY!?
Hey now, you wouldn't laugh at Bob Dylan!