Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-04-2002, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The FM Magic gone?

I was thinking about the Dance and how huge that was.
I think what helped it is the single Lindsey and the single Stevie flirting madly on stage and being really romantic. That made alot of people very excited and added this auroa to the show. Plus , of course, on top of that , it was the original Rumours line up. Between the two...Rumours and romance are what made FM so huge in the first place.

Now you don't have all the members. Now Lindsey is married and won't be finishing Stevie's songs or kissing her on the cheek. I wonder if the album won't take off as much because it will be missing the romance and original line up??? What does everyone think?

I mean WE will buy it no matter waht, I just meant the general stupid public.
Old 06-04-2002, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: The FM Magic gone?

Quote:
Originally posted by Janet
I was thinking about the Dance and how huge that was.
I think what helped it is the single Lindsey and the single Stevie flirting madly on stage and being really romantic. That made alot of people very excited and added this auroa to the show. Plus , of course, on top of that , it was the original Rumours line up. Between the two...Rumours and romance are what made FM so huge in the first place.

Now you don't have all the members. Now Lindsey is married and won't be finishing Stevie's songs or kissing her on the cheek. I wonder if the album won't take off as much because it will be missing the romance and original line up??? What does everyone think?

I mean WE will buy it no matter waht, I just meant the general stupid public.
now i was wondering how it will sell now that christine is gone. i'm not too sure if it will be great when then TOUR especially. will they even sing, ymlf, everywhere, etc? it's so sad to be without that link.

now i don't know about the romance thing. i mean, i doubt it if ppl won't be excited this tour when it comes to stevie in linds. and i don't think that they'll stop the kisses on the cheek and the hugging just because he's married. they have said theirselves that when they sing those songs, it's like they fall inlove all over again for that second. so that's only natural for them. u know what i mean?

mimi
Old 06-04-2002, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I doubt they will do any of Chris' songs on the tour. I would seriously doubt them playing either "YMLF," or "Everywhere." The one that I would almost expect they will play will be "Don't Stop."

I would love to hear Lindsey do "Isn't it Midnight." I think the two of them (LB and SN) have too many songs that don't get played live ever....and they should really work on playing them. There is so much material from Tusk alone!
Old 06-04-2002, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: The FM Magic gone?

Quote:
Originally posted by Janet
Rumours and romance are what made FM so huge in the first place.
i strongly believe that it had to do with their great music as well.
i also believe that a big part of how succesful the new album may be will depend simply upon how good will it be.

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2002, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

No, I don't think the magic will ever be gone. Lindsey may be married, but there is still a chemistry between he & Stevie. I agree with Mimi, I don't think Lindsey & Stevie will ever stop hugging or kissing each other. And haven't they played together at different charity events since The Dance? They still hug & kiss each other; I've seen the pictures. It might be a little strange without Christine there, but I'll bet Lindsey & Stevie will still flirt with each other. Might make Lindsey's wife a little upset, but "oh, well". (LOL) And not only is there a chemistry between Lindsey & Stevie, but there is a certain chemistry between all the members of FM. And their music is awesome! Their next tour will sell out, you watch!

Lee
Old 06-05-2002, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie and Lindsey will always be hot together even when they are bald and toothless and wearing Depends in the ORS Home!

That's Old Rock Star's Home.

Chemistry is chemistry, no matter what, and they have the IT factor chromosome. That certain what-ever-it-is that makes people, even nonfans, look at them and go "Whoa! Those two need to get a room!"

I know, because I have seen just those kinds of comments from people who don't even know who they are.

I know there are those who think it is all put on for the audience, but I really don't buy that. You can't fake this stuff, and plus, why would you? Why would they write songs about stuff that they are faking?

I'm prepared to take a barbs over this opinion, but I think the fact that he is married is going to HEIGHTEN the drama! Will he or won't he? It will add to the drama, and who knows, maybe a few things will hit the fan soon and we'll have more gossip than ever. Touring and performing S&L are different than everyday S&L. They draw energy from the performance, the audience, the expression of inner feelings, and they make each other feel alive when things are going full-throttle during a show.

I really think it is impossible for them to hold back emotion on stage. They never have before, so why should they now? We have always seen it played out right in front of us, all the love, passion, hate, anger, jealousy, animosity, denial, competiveness, PAIN, lust, sadness, impulsiveness - all of it!

I think it will be there, just like always. Their history is so long and complicated that their early bond will never be broken.

Certain animals just can't (and shouldn't) be domesticated!
Old 06-05-2002, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie and Lindsey will always be hot together even when they are bald and toothless, wearing Depends, and gumming down oatmeal in the ORS Home!

That's Old Rock Star's Home.

Chemistry is chemistry, no matter what, and they have the IT factor chromosome. That certain what-ever-it-is that makes people, even nonfans, look at them and go "Whoa! Those two need to get a room!"

I know, because I have seen just those kinds of comments from people who don't even know who they are.

I know there are those who think it is all put on for the audience, but I really don't buy that. You can't fake this stuff, and plus, why would you? Why would they write songs about stuff that they are faking?

I'm prepared to take a barbs over this opinion, but I think the fact that he is married is going to HEIGHTEN the drama! Will he or won't he? It will add to the drama, and who knows, maybe a few things will hit the fan soon and we'll have more gossip than ever. Touring and performing S&L are different than everyday S&L. They draw energy from the performance, the audience, the expression of inner feelings, and they make each other feel alive when things are going full-throttle during a show.

I really think it is impossible for them to hold back emotion on stage. They never have before, so why should they now? We have always seen it played out right in front of us, all the love, passion, hate, anger, jealousy, animosity, denial, competiveness, PAIN, lust, sadness, impulsiveness - all of it!

I think it will be there, just like always. Their history is so long and complicated that their early bond will never be broken.

Certain animals just can't (and shouldn't) be domesticated!
Old 06-05-2002, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

sorry about the double post, the first one didn't go, so I had to redo it!

And anyways,

S&L Forever!
Old 06-05-2002, 06:02 PM
Ledgie

Default I'm curious

Quote:
"...who knows, maybe a few things will hit the fan soon and we'll have more gossip than ever."
What do you mean, specifically?
Old 06-06-2002, 03:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought Lindsey was with Kristin during The Dance??

Pip
Old 06-06-2002, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
I thought Lindsey was with Kristin during The Dance??

Pip
kristin who?

mimi
Old 06-06-2002, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL....Mimi, you're crackin' me up.

As far as the chemistry between SnL on the new tour...I'm sure it will still be there...Kristen, afterall, knows all about the "spectre of Stevie" (AAHHH--LOVE THAT QUOTE!! ) But even if she didn't...I agree with Sulamith...you CANNOT fake that kind of connection. It's there...it's ALWAYS been there...and it's not going anywhere. I think that maybe...just maybe, there will be even MORE of the interaction on stage just for the simple fact that this tour is, to them, kind of like Buckingham/Nicks II...and that HAS to make it nostalgic...and special. LOL...I hope like hell Try For The Sun makes it on the record, and that they perform it on tour...probably wishful thinking on my part...but can't you just SEE that??? I think that that song right there just proves that Lindsey is still feeling kinda um....sentimental? lol...where Stevie is concerned. Oh, well...JMO.

~~Angela~~
Old 06-07-2002, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey was with Kristen obviously around Dance time because the baby had to be conceived.

But for a bit they broke up I heard...near the beginning of the tour...then they got back together either with baby news or just because they really wanted to get back together.

But I won't get into THAT.

Lindsey didn't have a ring so , everyone, me included , could speculate on him and Stevie. On stage sometimes it looked like they were just f'in like rabbits offstage really. They just had SUCH a wonderful chemistry.

NOW with the ring...he has to be good. With the ring...Stevie can't hang onto him.

To me, it will just bother me a bit...

Without Christine, its not the same either. We need to get a petition started to show her shes really wanted for real!!
Old 06-07-2002, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hope like hell Try For The Sun makes it on the record, and that they perform it on tour...probably wishful thinking on my part...but can't you just SEE that??? I think that that song right there just proves that Lindsey is still feeling kinda um....sentimental? lol...where Stevie is concerned.

Angela,

Lindsey didn't write "Try For The Sun". It was written by Donovan Leitch, Sr.; aka "Donovan". Same guy who wrote "Season Of The Witch", "Catch The Wind", "Mellow Yellow", "Cosmic Wheels", "Intergalactic Laxative", and "Jennifer Juniper" for Jenny Boyd (Fleetwood), back in the late '60's/early '70's. I SERIOUSLY doubt Donovan had Stevie in mind when he wrote "Try For The Sun", nor even knew of her existence. Lindsey just covered it somewhere along the lines during the "Gift Of Screws" sessions, along with covering four relatively obscure Rolling Stones tunes ("She Smiled Sweetly", "Blue Turns To Grey", "Gotta Get Away" & "The Singer Not The Song"). I also seriously doubt that EVERYTHING Lindsey writes is about Stevie and vice versa...no matter HOW it may seem like it in our fantasies.
Old 06-07-2002, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default True, but...

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
I SERIOUSLY doubt Donovan had Stevie in mind when he wrote "Try For The Sun", nor even knew of her existence. Lindsey just covered it somewhere along the lines during the "Gift Of Screws" sessions, along with covering four relatively obscure Rolling Stones tunes ("She Smiled Sweetly", "Blue Turns To Grey", "Gotta Get Away" & "The Singer Not The Song"). I also seriously doubt that EVERYTHING Lindsey writes is about Stevie and vice versa...no matter HOW it may seem like it in our fantasies.
Lindsey must've known, even as he covered it, what a lot of us fans would think when he covered a song about a guy running off with a gypsy and made it into a love song. He's not that clueless!

Perhaps he was like, "Oh, well, who cares if everybody thinks I chose to sing this because of my former relationship with Stevie, I'll cover it anyway - and I'd better change 'gypsy boy' to 'gypsy girl' so people don't think I'm gay." However, surely no one is surprised that many folks would come to a different conclusion, considering the context of the song?

It's all just speculation anyway.