Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow...that was unexpected.

She sounds absolutely fabulous, the song really suits her, her voice sounds the best in years

As much as I love BuckVie (and we all know it's Stevie fault she's not on the new Album).....you can just imagine some of her harmonies ....
Couldn't she just sing others compositions......

Oh Well...
Old 06-13-2017, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Go Stevie. This is the type of production she has needed all these years, brings out the beauty of the voice and the mood. Such a contrast to the harsh flatness of BD and other efforts. I would give up a vital organ or two to see her do a full album like this.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
There's people here so eager to jump on her. "Insulting" - give me a break. She didn't even write this dang song. She just sang it! Is it equally "insulting" if she sings Happy Birthday to a family member at a steak restaurant because she had time to do that but not record with Fleetwood Mac?
Give me a break.

Jamie
Right??? She was probably asked by the songwriter and/or producer of the film to sing it. Probably took her a couple of hours. Big difference between THAT and spending months in a studio doing something you don't WANT to do. And let's face it, Stevie doesn't WANT to spend time in the studio with Fleetwood Mac right now. And THAT'S OKAY. It might suck for us (and I'm still hoping that one day she'll change her mind and record with them) but right now Stevie is "doing Stevie". People need to leave her alone and quit questioning EVERYTHING SHE DOES in her own life that doesn't involve Fleetwood Mac. The band started her career, but her career SHOULD NOT revolve around the band...especially after 42 freaking years...

Consequently, these same people who slam her (I could list a dozen names and more on these forums ), her decisions, her song choices, etc ARE ALSO the FIRST people to sing her praises whenever she releases something new. It happened with IYD. It happened with 24KG. It happened with last years tour set. It happened with the BD and WH remasters with bonus content. It cracks me up to no end how people can be so wishy washy with her.

At least the haters in the Rumours forum (Homer, etc) are consistent with their hate and we can ignore them.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What an incredible surprise! I like that it's sort of a departure for her production-wise but still contains an air of Stevie-mystery lyrically. And I don't know the technicalities of singing, but if she's singing in a different register or whatever it sure is a refreshing change. GO STEVIE!!
*Ricoh*
Old 06-13-2017, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really like the Buckingham McVie album.

I find this more interesting, in terms of the writing, production and singing, than anything on it.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From the recording of the song:

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
I really like the Buckingham McVie album.

I find this more interesting, in terms of the writing, production and singing, than anything on it.
I agree ..can she get these people to produce an entire album for her

Old 06-13-2017, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by studyinscarlet View Post
One song? What's happened to this place since I joined? Stevie's up in age, she can do what she pleases.
She also had time to record a song with Lana Del Rey... Not like she really had to spend months in a studio to do these things.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I like it but how odd it is released when her band mates album is out. Hmmmm
Well if she was looking to upstage them mission accomplished .This song is more intriguing in style, vocal and presentation than anything on that other album where even the best moments are retreads of past glories.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

“I’m not really sure how to tell this story so lets start by not burying the lede:
STEVIE NICKS SANG A SONG I WROTE AND IT HAS BEEN ONE OF THE GREATEST EXPERIENCES OF MY LIFE.
It’s sort of a windy tale so here’s a bullet point version if you want it! Strap in!
1) my buddy Colin Trevorrow asked me to write a song for Naomi Watts to sing in his movie The Book Of Henry (which she does, twice!)
2) I recorded a version of the song for the end credits with Thomas Bartlett
3) Colin asks who I think should sing it- “Stevie Nicks, der.”
4) 24 hours later: “Stevie is in”
5) Record the orchestral outro at abbey road in London with a 100-piece orchestra (nbd)
6) spend a night at a studio in LA hanging with STEVIE ****EN NICKS while she records her vocals
7) ask her to take a selfie at the end because I had to and because she is, without question, one of the coolest and most radical souls to ever visit planet earth
The movie premieres tomorrow and goes wide this weekend.
What an honor and joy and profound adventure.
Team Stevie till the end of time.” - Guster (Source: https://www.facebook.com/guster/)

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Well if she was looking to upstage them mission accomplished .This song is more intriguing in style, vocal and presentation than anything on that other album where even the best moments are retreads of past glories.
lol well it's great that that's your opinion (heavy emphasis on it being your opinion) but she didn't even write the song and she certainly didn't produce it, so all you can credit her for is throwing in a nice vocal for a piece of work done by other people. i don't think there's a competition anyways but if there was, there certainly wasn't anyone "upstaged" by anyone else.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
lol well it's great that that's your opinion (heavy emphasis on it being your opinion) but she didn't even write the song and she certainly didn't produce it, so all you can credit her for is throwing in a nice vocal for a piece of work done by other people. i don't think there's a competition anyways but if there was, there certainly wasn't anyone "upstaged" by anyone else.
I agree. I do think it is great for her that people still want to collaborate with her when she is almost 70. I don't see that happening with anyone else her age besides Dolly but Dolly is country. Country musicians have more respect for their elders. Stevie is very unique for her age.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
My post was meant to be a somewhat absurd response to someone that was inferring that she put out the song just in time to upstage the Buck/Vie album.The person I was responding to also completely renounced their Stevie fandom on this very forum so not sure why they are even still here and putting their 2 cents in

Old 06-14-2017, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
WE GET IT. You DON'T LIKE BUCKINGHAM MCVIE....let it go all ready. This is Stevie singing ANOTHER persons song. At least BuckVie are still writing new stuff.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
WE GET IT. You DON'T LIKE BUCKINGHAM MCVIE....let it go all ready. This is Stevie singing ANOTHER persons song. At least BuckVie are still writing new stuff.
I know irony is probably not your strong suite but please read my previous post.