The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 05-07-2020, 05:46 AM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,309
Default

I bet it's a new album or something for a soundtrack.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-07-2020, 09:37 AM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,309
Default

He reposted the In Your Dreams album cover on instagram.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-07-2020, 09:40 AM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Here's hoping whatever it is sounds a hell of a lot better than the 24K album. Her voice sounds so awful compared to the mixing for In Your Dreams. I know it was a slightly rushed project but sheesh.
The 24k album was her best album since the Wild Heart.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-07-2020, 10:37 AM
lilyfee's Avatar
lilyfee lilyfee is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
With her current vocals it will be terrible . I shudder to think of how she will sound now croaking or shouting out the lyrics to "Forest of the Black Roses" .Can't they just use the old demos vocals and record new music
Forest of the Black Roses is such a beautiful song! I think Stevie can still sing. SFTV is not the best example, as it was recorded entirely in three weeks, but I still love most of those songs. Iíd love to see her do more duets and collaborations with other artists. The recent (ish) Lady Antebellum, Lana Del Rey and Leeann Rimes collaborations stand out to me, not to mention Carousel with Vanessa Carlton and the amazing and haunting Redemption Day with Sheryl Crow. Plus, sheís friends with Haim, Harry Styles and now The 1975... I think she could and should reach out to her friends for this one. The Rhiannon movie has been her passion project forever and it would be so cool to really see her sit in the producer chair.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-07-2020, 10:49 AM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
Forest of the Black Roses is such a beautiful song! I think Stevie can still sing. SFTV is not the best example, as it was recorded entirely in three weeks, but I still love most of those songs. Iíd love to see her do more duets and collaborations with other artists. The recent (ish) Lady Antebellum, Lana Del Rey and Leeann Rimes collaborations stand out to me, not to mention Carousel with Vanessa Carlton and the amazing and haunting Redemption Day with Sheryl Crow. Plus, sheís friends with Haim, Harry Styles and now The 1975... I think she could and should reach out to her friends for this one. The Rhiannon movie has been her passion project forever and it would be so cool to really see her sit in the producer chair.
I like the thought of a few duets on an Album (not all duets)..it would help lighten her sound a little.
Yes, she can still sing .....but itís a very alto sounding voice these days (too much booze and fags).
I like her voice nowadays if she sang quieter, not that forthright, almost flat sound she sings sometimes.
Unfortunately I donít think Mr Stewart is the guy to pull that off.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-07-2020, 12:25 PM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
The 24k album was her best album since the Wild Heart.
24KG is pure unrestrained Stevie, and I like the variety and even most of her vocals on the album. Probably my favourite of her 8 studio albums, there is no effort to overdo, no grasping for a top 10 hit, no songs written by anyone else. It seems just so much more genuine than the other albums. I welcome a second volume with open arms.
__________________
I give up.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-07-2020, 04:06 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
24KG is pure unrestrained Stevie, and I like the variety and even most of her vocals on the album. Probably my favourite of her 8 studio albums, there is no effort to overdo, no grasping for a top 10 hit, no songs written by anyone else. It seems just so much more genuine than the other albums. I welcome a second volume with open arms.
I agree, especially with the part where you said the album felt genuine. It was pure Stevie and the classic rock production fit her voice. In Your Dreams did not feel genuine. It sounded like she just wanted a pop hit and the songs sorta sounded the same. It was overproduced and didnít really fit her.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-08-2020, 10:43 PM
Japhry's Avatar
Japhry Japhry is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
24KG is pure unrestrained Stevie, and I like the variety and even most of her vocals on the album. Probably my favourite of her 8 studio albums, there is no effort to overdo, no grasping for a top 10 hit, no songs written by anyone else. It seems just so much more genuine than the other albums. I welcome a second volume with open arms.


I agree wholeheartedly. Even though I love the duet version with Lindsey a lot I also LOVE Twisted here on 24KG. Also the Dealer Vocals and the title track. amazing!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-08-2020, 11:55 PM
tabruns tabruns is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
In Your Dreams was excellent up to about song 7 then it went south on me. Ghosts Are Gone, Italian Summer, Cheaper Then Free, Everybody Loves You etc didn't quite work for me. TISL is my favourite album of hers. I can relate to lost of things in those collection of songs.
I loved "Everybody Loves You", one of my favorites on the album. "Italian Summer" is pretty great too, esp the long note at the end.

I'm fine with "Cheaper Than Free". Its an ok song for me, I don't have the utter hatred for it that some do.

"Ghosts Are Gone" gets a lot of love from people that like, but I didn't like the guitar hook at all.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-08-2020, 11:58 PM
tabruns tabruns is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
He reposted the In Your Dreams album cover on instagram.
Well that seems like a pretty big hint.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-09-2020, 03:35 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
Well that seems like a pretty big hint.
Nah. They were just celebrating it's anniversary for I can't remember how many years.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-23-2020, 04:35 AM
johnnystorms's Avatar
johnnystorms johnnystorms is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: new orleans
Posts: 718
Default Yasss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
I loved "Everybody Loves You", one of my favorites on the album. "Italian Summer" is pretty great too, esp the long note at the end.

I'm fine with "Cheaper Than Free". Its an ok song for me, I don't have the utter hatred for it that some do.

"Ghosts Are Gone" gets a lot of love from people that like, but I didn't like the guitar hook at all.
ELY is a good song, and Cheaper than Free has an amazing line.. 'more important than freedom, Being needed' such a poignant sentiment.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-28-2020, 08:03 PM
secondhandchain's Avatar
secondhandchain secondhandchain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SN KILLED, FM
Posts: 1,794
Default

I hear she's going to release a double album of all her songs produced by LB re recorded. She said they will be done the way "I intended them to sound before he went crazy with his overdubs" Sounds crazy? It's something that ingrate would do. Gypsy will be just her and a piano, as will Sara and it will be a 28 minute long version. She says her voice sounds just the way it did in 1975 so this won't be a problem. In other news it turns out Christine was really playing piano on the last tour and Mick is in if for the art.

Last edited by secondhandchain; 06-28-2020 at 08:06 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-28-2020, 11:21 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 11,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I hear she's going to release a double album of all her songs produced by LB re recorded. She said they will be done the way "I intended them to sound before he went crazy with his overdubs" Sounds crazy? It's something that ingrate would do. Gypsy will be just her and a piano, as will Sara and it will be a 28 minute long version. She says her voice sounds just the way it did in 1975 so this won't be a problem. In other news it turns out Christine was really playing piano on the last tour and Mick is in if for the art.
I love you. That. Is. All.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-29-2020, 10:55 AM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I hear she's going to release a double album of all her songs produced by LB re recorded. She said they will be done the way "I intended them to sound before he went crazy with his overdubs" Sounds crazy? It's something that ingrate would do. Gypsy will be just her and a piano, as will Sara and it will be a 28 minute long version. She says her voice sounds just the way it did in 1975 so this won't be a problem. In other news it turns out Christine was really playing piano on the last tour and Mick is in if for the art.
Her lead single from that new album will be a new track addressed to the 1974 lineup, entitled "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?"
__________________
I give up.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved