The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 11-24-2019, 02:40 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,305
Default

What I liked:
1. That it's finally over.

What I didn't like:
1. That it exists.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-25-2019, 12:43 PM
lovethemac1's Avatar
lovethemac1 lovethemac1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: center of Canada
Posts: 794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
What I liked:
1. That it's finally over.

What I didn't like:
1. That it exists.
Love this!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-25-2019, 02:33 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
What I liked:
1. That it's finally over.

What I didn't like:
1. That it exists.
I have to admit this really cracked me up.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-28-2019, 02:38 PM
Nicks Fan's Avatar
Nicks Fan Nicks Fan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Metcalfe Ontario Canada
Posts: 914
Default

The problem with FM is that for decades they have mainly played it safe with respect to the set lists. The people who were saying Lindsey stopped them from playing pre 75 material made me laugh. If that was the case then why for 10 years (87-97) did they only do a a total of 4 PG era songs during the 3 tours they did without Lindsey. They were fine doing cover songs from Traffic, Dorsey Burnette, SN, John Lennon etc but couldn't do a single Danny Kirwan, Jeremy Spencer or Bob Welch song?

This last tour was pointless. I mean what was the point? They had ZERO reason to be on tour if they were not going to do new music or drop most of the tried and true in their show. Most of the deep cuts were dropped once they saw the reactions from the casual fans. Plus the Tom Petty cover and tribute has to be one of the dumbest things FM ever did ( and they have done some pretty stupid things over the years). Tom Petty was someone I respected and was an idol of mine, but he had NOTHING to do with FM. The band is is now 50 plus years old and instead of honoring the members who are no longer with us they would rather pay tribute to someone who did nothing to contribute in the band's 50 plus years. The fact that some fans see nothing wrong with that is head scratching to me but I guess some people just love the band and will overlook anything as long as SN is there.

I agree also with the comments about the vocals . SN and CM are too old and their voices are pretty well shot. Time to retire.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-28-2019, 03:51 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
The problem with FM is that for decades they have mainly played it safe with respect to the set lists. The people who were saying Lindsey stopped them from playing pre 75 material made me laugh. If that was the case then why for 10 years (87-97) did they only do a a total of 4 PG era songs during the 3 tours they did without Lindsey. They were fine doing cover songs from Traffic, Dorsey Burnette, SN, John Lennon etc but couldn't do a single Danny Kirwan, Jeremy Spencer or Bob Welch song?

This last tour was pointless. I mean what was the point? They had ZERO reason to be on tour if they were not going to do new music or drop most of the tried and true in their show. Most of the deep cuts were dropped once they saw the reactions from the casual fans. Plus the Tom Petty cover and tribute has to be one of the dumbest things FM ever did ( and they have done some pretty stupid things over the years). Tom Petty was someone I respected and was an idol of mine, but he had NOTHING to do with FM. The band is is now 50 plus years old and instead of honoring the members who are no longer with us they would rather pay tribute to someone who did nothing to contribute in the band's 50 plus years. The fact that some fans see nothing wrong with that is head scratching to me but I guess some people just love the band and will overlook anything as long as SN is there.

I agree also with the comments about the vocals . SN and CM are too old and their voices are pretty well shot. Time to retire.

Right.

If this was truly to be their last tour and an homage to legacy, it should have been an homage to their OWN legacy as a band.... pics on the big screen of various incarnations of the band. It seems like they did try some PG songs and BW songs (didn't I see vids of Neil singing Hypnotized?) but dropped it. Stevie's all about the money, and that's partly because she's been groomed that way over decades by her management. I recall LB saying that when Irving took over managing him his only focus was on how many seats didn't get sold on tours (not that a manager shouldn't worry about that on behalf of an artist, but it shouldn't be the only thing, either.) As much as Stevie goes on and on about no one being the boss of her but her, and her mom teaching her to be the boss blah blah blah in reality she's handed over decision making about her career to a series of men (women, not so much because, well, they're women. But she's a feminist!) who really didn't get who she was but just saw her as a cash cow. And she's leaned well into that. the only person who ever pushed back on her about that was LB. Hence, he was the problem. And now that her team is running the band, it's more of the same.... whatever sells, however bogus.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-28-2019, 04:04 PM
Steviegirl Steviegirl is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
What I liked:
1. That it's finally over.

What I didn't like:
1. That it exists.
Bwah! Same.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-28-2019, 07:12 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
The people who were saying Lindsey stopped them from playing pre 75 material made me laugh.
Those are the same people that have no idea who Peter Green was until Lindsey was fired. Then, they started using Peter Green as an excuse to explain that Lindsey was not the first guitarist in the band, so it was no big deal if he was gone.


Quote:
This last tour was pointless. I mean what was the point?
The point was to make Stevie happy without Lindsey. I doubt she succeeded. No matter what her fans say.


Quote:
The band is is now 50 plus years old and instead of honoring the members who are no longer with us they would rather pay tribute to someone who did nothing to contribute in the band's 50 plus years. The fact that some fans see nothing wrong with that is head scratching to me but I guess some people just love the band and will overlook anything as long as SN is there.
I see it more as Lindsey hate than Stevie love. They don't want to accept the fact that this tour sucked without Lindsey. They just loooove Peter Green and all those inadequate covers.
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-29-2020, 06:59 AM
ViscountViktor ViscountViktor is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 410
Default

I'd tuned out from Fleetwood Mac when this tour happened because of the Lindsey situation, but just reading about it now, credit to the band for the setlist they started the tour with, it's the most creative I've seen in years.

Oh Well, Black Magic Woman, Tell Me All The Things You Do, All Over Again, Hypnotized, Isn't It Midnight, Storms. All in the first night setlist. And then Man of the World & Blue Letter later in the tour.

Obviously the reaction in the arenas meant they had to drop some of these as there's no point playing them if the audience tunes out whilst it's being played. But at least they tried, way more than they have on recent tours.
__________________
So I close my eyes softly, till I become that part of the wind...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-29-2020, 05:47 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountViktor View Post
I'd tuned out from Fleetwood Mac when this tour happened because of the Lindsey situation, but just reading about it now, credit to the band for the setlist they started the tour with, it's the most creative I've seen in years.

Oh Well, Black Magic Woman, Tell Me All The Things You Do, All Over Again, Hypnotized, Isn't It Midnight, Storms. All in the first night setlist. And then Man of the World & Blue Letter later in the tour.

Obviously the reaction in the arenas meant they had to drop some of these as there's no point playing them if the audience tunes out whilst it's being played. But at least they tried, way more than they have on recent tours.
They did Blue Letter once in Australia. I'm surprised that was dropped. It was on a number one album in the US. I wonder why they didn't play it during the fall run of 2019 in US.
While they did play rare songs, I was happy to hear Storms, Beautiful Child, Sisters of the Moon, Oh Well, Bleed to Love Her, Think About Me, Know I'm Not Wrong,
Without You, & Don't Let Me Down Again (done once I recall) from 2003-2015
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-30-2020, 08:47 AM
ViscountViktor ViscountViktor is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
They did Blue Letter once in Australia. I'm surprised that was dropped. It was on a number one album in the US. I wonder why they didn't play it during the fall run of 2019 in US.
While they did play rare songs, I was happy to hear Storms, Beautiful Child, Sisters of the Moon, Oh Well, Bleed to Love Her, Think About Me, Know I'm Not Wrong,
Without You, & Don't Let Me Down Again (done once I recall) from 2003-2015
Plus Seven Wonders as well. They did a few rarities but the last tour, on the first night, was the most in ages.
__________________
So I close my eyes softly, till I become that part of the wind...
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-30-2020, 03:36 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountViktor View Post
Plus Seven Wonders as well. They did a few rarities but the last tour, on the first night, was the most in ages.
Yes, the opening night and the first handful of shows had a lot of surprises.

I wish Stevie had more singing full songs other than duets (Don't Dream, I Got You, All Over Again) and covers. Though it's too bad she doesn't do You Wreck Me; that was my fav cover she did. I was curious why she chose Storms rather than Beautiful Child or Angel. Storms was done 9 years earlier. Beautiful Child was done 12 years before 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-30-2020, 06:24 PM
ViscountViktor ViscountViktor is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Yes, the opening night and the first handful of shows had a lot of surprises.

I wish Stevie had more singing full songs other than duets (Don't Dream, I Got You, All Over Again) and covers. Though it's too bad she doesn't do You Wreck Me; that was my fav cover she did. I was curious why she chose Storms rather than Beautiful Child or Angel. Storms was done 9 years earlier. Beautiful Child was done 12 years before 2018.
I've always wondered why she never did Angel again with FM after the Tusk tour, it would still suit her voice. After the 2013 tour we'd had the 4 others off Tusk in the recent past, I was really hoping Angel would came back.
__________________
So I close my eyes softly, till I become that part of the wind...
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-30-2020, 06:41 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountViktor View Post
I've always wondered why she never did Angel again with FM after the Tusk tour, it would still suit her voice. After the 2013 tour we'd had the 4 others off Tusk in the recent past, I was really hoping Angel would came back.
She could sing it well today. Maybe she didn't bring it back because she used "ghost through the fog" in a recent song, Ghosts Are Gone.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-01-2020, 07:08 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
She could sing it well today. Maybe she didn't bring it back because she used "ghost through the fog" in a recent song, Ghosts Are Gone.
Stevie liked the song. She performed it during the first month of Wild Heart shows. It would have been a great song to have pulled out during On With The Show. OMG, I LOVE Sisters of the Moon but the On With The Show version was a joke. It lost all of its punch and was a waste of time. Angel would have been fantastic.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-02-2020, 10:48 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,311
Default

I always figured we would get around to Angel. We had “Beautiful Child.” We had Storms. I always felt that Angel was just a tour away. Now we’ve run out of time.

The Angel lyrics are every bit as iconic as the Dreams or Rhiannon lyrics,
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

FLEETWOOD MAC AUTOGRAPHED/SIGNED JOHN McVIE 8X10; CHRISTINE & LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM
$200.0
FLEETWOOD MAC AUTOGRAPHED/SIGNED JOHN McVIE 8X10; CHRISTINE & LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM picturec1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE & CURRY GRANT MID FINGER
$99.99
c1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE & CURRY GRANT MID FINGER pictureFLEETWOOD MAC 24X36 POSTER STEVIE NICKS MICK LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM JOHN MCVIE
$29.0
FLEETWOOD MAC 24X36 POSTER STEVIE NICKS MICK LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM JOHN MCVIE pictureFLEETWOOD MAC 24X36 POSTER STEVIE NICKS MICK LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM JOHN MCVIE POSE
$29.0
FLEETWOOD MAC 24X36 POSTER STEVIE NICKS MICK LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM JOHN MCVIE POSE pictureWire Photo Famed British Bassist John McVie of Fleetwood Mac
$20.0
Wire Photo Famed British Bassist John McVie of Fleetwood Mac picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved