User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-21-2019, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
this was the era where you never saw her out without someone holding her hand or, worse, holding her upright.... often two people one on either side of her.
True. I saw her entering a concert hall (I had a backstage pass) back in '89 and 2 were holding her up, Glenn Parish up front and Rebecca Alvarez behind her. She could hardly walk. It was a very sad situation.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 11-22-2019, 02:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
True. I saw her entering a concert hall (I had a backstage pass) back in '89 and 2 were holding her up, Glenn Parish up front and Rebecca Alvarez behind her. She could hardly walk. It was a very sad situation.
whatever happened to Rebecca?

was she replaced by Karen's sister... Kelly, I think? And then Karen?
Old 11-22-2019, 05:14 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I don't know if anyone has ever discussed what Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart said about Stevie's drug abuse in their book.

They said that Stevie spent the summer of '88 with them on their Animals tour. They said that most people they knew used cocaine to keep going until they crashed, but Stevie had her drug used down to a science. They also said that she was still using cocaine in the summer of '88. The sentence referring to her cocaine use sounded like the work of a ghost writer, but it could have been a paraphrase of things they actually said.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I don't know if anyone has ever discussed what Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart said about Stevie's drug abuse in their book.

They said that Stevie spent the summer of '88 with them on their Animals tour. They said that most people they knew used cocaine to keep going until they crashed, but Stevie had her drug used down to a science. They also said that she was still using cocaine in the summer of '88. The sentence referring to her cocaine use sounded like the work of a ghost writer, but it could have been a paraphrase of things they actually said.
Now this is interesting....I (and most of us Stevie “fans/followers”) had thought that Stevie had kicked her cocaine habit by the end of 1986. Heart DID tour during the summer of 1986, so did they accidentally make a mistake with their memory and actually “hang out” with Stevie then, or was it really during their Bad Animals tour in the summer of ‘88?
Old 11-23-2019, 09:14 PM
Kyle
This message has been deleted by Kyle. Reason: More infor in follow up message.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:55 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by svnwndrs View Post
Now this is interesting....I (and most of us Stevie “fans/followers”) had thought that Stevie had kicked her cocaine habit by the end of 1986. Heart DID tour during the summer of 1986, so did they accidentally make a mistake with their memory and actually “hang out” with Stevie then, or was it really during their Bad Animals tour in the summer of ‘88?
I'll paste the Nancy Wilson quote below. It was in the chapter discussing the Bad Animals tour. However, an editor had to compile the reminiscences of Ann and Nancy Wilson, so, chronology might be uncertain. At the time I read it I spent some time trying to determine if it could have been any other year than 1988. No other year seemed possible, but I could be mistaken. Would Stevie have been available in '86? Here is the quote:

"For a brief time earlier that year , Stevie Nicks became our best friend . She came to one of our shows , and she and her girlfriend just sort of became part of our entourage , traveling with us . She brought along a stack of fashion magazines , and her drawing books . We were partying hard that month , but Stevie , with her Courvoisier and blow , outdid us.

When the tour got to Arizona , Stevie invited us to a party at her house . Her home was filled with all these pictures of her , like it was a shrine to Stevie Nicks . We spent most of the night digging through her closets trying on clothes with her . It was fun to be girls together , and her closets were full of millions of shawls and colored tights wedged into teeny drawers . We spent hours there.

When it came to drugs , though , we couldn’t keep up with Stevie . She had a system where she could do various substances , and then do other substances to help her sleep . We never knew how to do that , and , at some point , we had to leave to sleep."

Last edited by Kyle; 11-23-2019 at 11:00 PM..
Old 11-25-2019, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The Wilson sisters are mistaken. Bad Animals was released about the time of Tango and their 1987-1988 tour coincided with Fleetwood Mac's tour.
I think they are referring to their 1985 tour where Stevie sings back up during What About Love. Not only does the timeline make sense, there is an actual recording of her with them. I dont see how Stevie had time to be in the Bad Animals tour.
The Wham story is funny because the summer of 1985 Stevie was probably at her worst. Her solo album was a year over due. Her producer walked out. Even after RAL was released in November 1985, Stevie ducked her own tour rehearsals for a drug binge tour with Petty of Australia.
I agree she looks horrible in the photo. I always hated the Tango/Rocks hair style.

Edit: I checked the tour list. Bad Animals played Arizona in September 1987. Stevie was with the Mac. However, Heart's 1985 tour played Arizona December 7 and December 8, 1985 which makes sense. Instead of promoting her new album, she is on tour with another band partying yet again.

These stories just make me so sympathetic to Lindsey. I cant imagine this beast showing up, tired, emotional, drugged up and drunk to a recording session. I think if you play Tango In The Night backwards, somewhere it says MAY DAY MAY DAY get me out of here.

This is from December 15, 1985 Universal City, CA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOnv2HZAGHA

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-26-2019 at 05:02 AM..
Old 11-27-2019, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Stevie’s “Jose Eber” period — being seen around town with a trashy West LA hairdresser-to-the-stars. Some people might say that her public shenanigans helped keep Fleetwood Mac’s name in the limelight, whereas others might think her Tinseltown lifestyle strewed plastic glitter over the band’s increasingly precarious integrity. Stevie’s high-profile schmoozing became more and more indistinguishable from parody right about the time that her music was losing the forcefulness and passion it had in the seventies. I think she was losing sight of many serious things and making embarrassing decisions.
Lol and continues to do so some 30 years later!
Old 11-27-2019, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The Wilson sisters are mistaken. Bad Animals was released about the time of Tango and their 1987-1988 tour coincided with Fleetwood Mac's tour.
I think they are referring to their 1985 tour where Stevie sings back up during What About Love. Not only does the timeline make sense, there is an actual recording of her with them. I dont see how Stevie had time to be in the Bad Animals tour.
The Wham story is funny because the summer of 1985 Stevie was probably at her worst. Her solo album was a year over due. Her producer walked out. Even after RAL was released in November 1985, Stevie ducked her own tour rehearsals for a drug binge tour with Petty of Australia.
I agree she looks horrible in the photo. I always hated the Tango/Rocks hair style.

Edit: I checked the tour list. Bad Animals played Arizona in September 1987. Stevie was with the Mac. However, Heart's 1985 tour played Arizona December 7 and December 8, 1985 which makes sense. Instead of promoting her new album, she is on tour with another band partying yet again.

These stories just make me so sympathetic to Lindsey. I cant imagine this beast showing up, tired, emotional, drugged up and drunk to a recording session. I think if you play Tango In The Night backwards, somewhere it says MAY DAY MAY DAY get me out of here.

Yet what kills me, she never gives Lindsey credit for dealing with it all. She will talk all night about her triumph over drugs, but has never really gotten down to brass tacks when it comes to tango. She has said that tango “actually came out really great” but in the past 15 years she glosses over how her actions nearly derailed the entire project leaving Christine and Lindsey to piece the whole thing together. Instead let’s talk about how Lindsey backed out of a tour, let’s divert attention to that. Oye, end of rant.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

my first concert was BA tour in summer of 87 in Biloxi MS. second was FM Shake the Cage tour in fall of 87 in NOLA. I think the Wilson girls tried to drum up sales for their book.