User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Celeb News » Celebrity fashion icon: Stevie Nicks
By admin
Just hearing the name Stevie Nicks invokes images of a freewheeling age: suede platforms, fringed shawls, draped lace, desert sun. Google her and, alongside details of her prolific musical legacy (with Fleetwood Mac and beyond), ...
Celeb News - http://www.celebnews.info/
Old 06-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stairway to Heaven was barely audible over enthused voices inside Gow Langsford on Tuesday 25 May, where patrons of art, angsty teens and survivors of the 70s stadium rock scene were gathered to check out photographer Bruce Jarvis' exhibition Rock Legends. The pictures were as diverse as the crowd – Stevie Nicks, Bob Geldof and John Mayall hung alongside Frank Zappa and Bryan Ferry; well coiffured businessmen in black suits chatted with aged rockers, while long haired 17 year old boys kept their distance from one and all.

http://www.isaaclikes.com/2010/06/12...-pictures.html
Old 06-09-2010, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Jerry Gladstone Announces New Names Added to The Common Thread Project

The Common Thread Project founder Jerry Gladstone is honored to announce that a new group of people have been added to the project, including some very high profile celebrities.

Boca Raton, FL (Vocus/PRWEB ) June 9, 2010 -- The Common Thread Project founder Jerry Gladstone is honored to announce that a new group of people have been added to the project, including some very high profile celebrities.

With the help of a close associate, Gladstone has been able to include interviews with the following people in The Common Thread book: Beatles drummer Ringo Starr, “King of Motown” Smokey Robinson, Fleetwood Mac singer-songwriter Stevie Nicks, Eagles guitarist and singer Joe Walsh, 5-time Grammy Award nominee rapper Kid Rock, rock musician Chris Isaak and Academy Award-winning actor Quentin Tarantino.

I want to help people reach their fullest potential. The lives these people have led and how they have overcome their obstacles can be a tremendous asset in helping others reach their goals. “I created the project to provide people with the power to empower themselves and to give back to the community,” said Gladstone. “I want to help people reach their fullest potential. The lives these people have led and how they have overcome their obstacles can be a tremendous asset in helping others reach their goals.”

According to Gladstone, The Common Thread Project is two-fold. First, a book, titled, “The Common Thread.” The book will gather insight and inspiration, and will capture the emotion and mindset of more than 200 successful, well-known motivated individuals who have shared with Gladstone, either through business or personal relationships or one-on-one interviews, what it takes to overcome everyday adversities and obstacles. Because of their status and level of success, most people are unaware that these people have had to overcome the very same issues and hardships that they face as well. The information captured by Gladstone cannot be found when you “Google” these celebrities. He has tapped into the inner workings and psyche of each person he interviewed.

More:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/06/prweb4104244.htm
Old 06-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sky Ferreira – Stand Back (Stevie Nicks Cover) | the chuckness
By Chuck
Relatively unknown artist Sky Ferreira takes Stevie Nicks' Stand Back and turns it into a melodic, catchy club jam. Producers by the name of Skeet and.
the chuckness - http://www.thechuckness.com/

ilivelovemusic: Sky Ferreira - Stand Back (Stevie Nicks Cover)
By UnclePauly
Its weird but ive been coming across all these really good covers recently. DOWNLOAD:Sky Ferreira - Stand Back (Stevie Nicks Cover). Posted by UnclePauly at 1:11 AM. Labels: Indie/Alternative/Rock ...
ilivelovemusic - http://www.ilivelovemusic.com/
Old 06-10-2010, 02:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wednesday, June 9, 2010
CD Review: White Widow Shows Us Her "Black Heart"

Musical artist, White Widow, whose name comes from the Stevie Nicks' song "Gold Dust Woman," is making a impact in music. Her latest release "Black Heart" is her most vulnerable album to date and is available now.

The album's title track "Black Heart" shows White Widow's soft side until the chorus comes crashing in with a pounding drumbeat and pleading vocals. "Quitter" shows off the White Widow's rock attitude, but her voice seems to take a backseat to the music in the overall sound mix. At times, the music takes away from her powerful voice. White Widow performs a passionate cover of her idol, Steve Nicks' song "Lady From The Mountain." The song "Warriors" carries a nice groove, but lacks the punch needed to make this song stand-out. At times, her voice draws comparisons to Tori Amos with her soft, but powerful singing style as evident in the songs "Strong Again" and "In Your Life."

Her music has been licensed to MTV and featured in numerous movies and television shows. She has toured for the past few years, opening for the likes of Sandra Bernhard and guitarist Steve Mazur of Our Lady Peace. She's performed at the legendary CBGB and SXSW Festival and is currently on tour on the east coast. She will be performing at the City Ale House in Danbury, CT on June 18. For more shows and information, please visit whitewidowmusic.com.

http://jpsmusicblog.blogspot.com/
Old 06-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This obscurity issue runs much deeper. I’ll bet there are graphic Warhol paintings that neither of us has seen — in the ’60s, The Factory was too busy hosting Quaalude parties to worry about proper archival procedures. Imagine what might lurk out there: napkin drawings of Marilyn eating out her one-night lover Joan Crawford, or even lipstick monsterpieces of Mick Jagger rimming Stevie Nicks!

http://www.xtra.ca/public/Ottawa/Pop...nsom-8764.aspx
Old 06-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://newyork.ebayclassifieds.com/a...sy/?ad=3889686

Stevie Nicks - Gypsy | Syosset | eBay Classifieds (Kijiji) | 3889686
Hand drawn, 11" x 14" , oil pastel , framed with white border. Size: 11" x 14" Asking : $185.00.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

3) Toilet paper: Over or under?

Over. Absolutely over. I'm very, very firm about this

4) If you could wish any one celebrity completely and utterly out of existence--POOF!-- who would it be?

I was going to say Heidi Montag, but she's not really a celebrity and her 15 minutes are up soon.

So I'm going with Tom Cruise. I'm sure I don't have to explain why.

8) It's 1979 and you are a heterosexual man. (Or a homosexual woman, actually. Either one. You choose.) You can have a steamy one-night stand with Linda Ronstadt, Stevie Nicks, Tina Turner, or Olivia Newton John. Which one?

Ooooh, tough call between Stevie and Tina. I think Tina would scare me so bad (but in a real nice way) that I'd have trouble stepping *up* to the challenge, so to speak.

Steve is probably a little freaky. Ok, I'll go Stevie

http://ohfairnewmexico.blogspot.com/...challenge.html
Old 06-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is from Eli Escobar, the (cute!) guy who did a remix of Stand Back

Your really into Batman and I think Superman even more and Fleetwood Mac your like border line creepy about the Mac tell us about this and is there anything you like more than Superman and Stevie Nicks?

It's all because of Fast Times At Ridgemont High, my favorite movie of all time! There's this scene where Stacy is waiting for Damone to pick her up to go get an abortion and they're playing this obscure Stevie Nicks song in the background. I watched it so many times I started to love that song and eventually found myself in a very intense love affair with Stevie and the Mac. It hasn't ended yet... One of the best presents I ever got from my wife was the 45 of "Go Your Own Way" with the original version of "Silver Springs" on the b side! As for comics, I love Batman waaaaay more than Supes. His mythology is way more intriguing and multi-leveled. I'm hard pressed to think of anything I love more than the Mac or Bats.

http://blog.turntablelab.com/2009/04...th_an_eli.html
Old 06-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
CD Review: White Widow Shows Us Her "Black Heart"

Musical artist, White Widow, whose name comes from the Stevie Nicks' song "Gold Dust Woman," is making a impact in music. Her latest release "Black Heart" is her most vulnerable album to date and is available now.

The album's title track "Black Heart" shows White Widow's soft side until the chorus comes crashing in with a pounding drumbeat and pleading vocals. "Quitter" shows off the White Widow's rock attitude, but her voice seems to take a backseat to the music in the overall sound mix. At times, the music takes away from her powerful voice. White Widow performs a passionate cover of her idol, Steve Nicks' song "Lady From The Mountain."
http://jpsmusicblog.blogspot.com/
Old 06-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh my god, I cannot wait to hear that ^^. I'm at work now and counting down the hours until I can get home.

Is it good? Someone tell me if it's good. I can't take this suspense.
You're so like me
Old 06-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
Oh my god, I cannot wait to hear that ^^. I'm at work now and counting down the hours until I can get home.

Is it good? Someone tell me if it's good. I can't take this suspense.
If this chick has a hit with this song then Stevie will definately include her own version on the new solo album. This version is LAME.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Well, its not the most awful thing I've ever heard...but it is a bit grim
Old 06-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post
^Well, its not the most awful thing I've ever heard...but it is a bit grim
I wish it was good though. I wanted it to be good. But it just falls flat.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Me no likey that Lady from the Mountain...it's just so...dark and depressing. I'm over that stage.

It's very Smashing Pumpkins a la Landslide.

Edit #2 - I think I love it and I intend to listen to it over and over.

Last edited by SapphireSister; 06-11-2010 at 04:08 PM..