User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
How do you mean the Mac didn’t perform in Netherlands tour after tour? I’ve seen them in Amsterdam in 2013 and they played 2 Ziggo Dome shows that year. They also played it in 2015.

Yes interactions with Lindsey are the only thing why it was worth paying Micks m&gs or those front tix. I even told Lindsey once how that was the only reason many of us were buying them. In Europe (like Amsterdam) where floor was GA nobody was buying micks m&gs. He will be unpleasantly surprised now when his m&gs are even more and don’t come w tix.

I was mainly refering to Stevie her solo tours in the 90's and early zero's. She ignored Europe, but I also believe her fanbase overhere could not fill arena's like the Ziggo just by herself. The Dance-tour didn't went to Europe and the SYW-tour only landed in Germany, UK and Ireland. So, It was on my bucketlist since the early 90's :-)

Yes, of course I'm aware of the tours since 2009. I attended all the shows in Holland and Belgium in 2009, 2013 and 2015. Was at the show in the Ziggo-dome when they had to shorten the set due to soundproblems and read about the illness of John, while I really thought that would be their final show ... But ... Hurray for the GA at the Ziggo-dome ... was upfront all the times :-)

Last edited by SorcererJP; 06-06-2018 at 04:38 AM..
Old 06-06-2018, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
I was mainly refering to Stevie her solo tours in the 90's and early zero's. She ignored Europe, but I also believe her fanbase overhere could not fill arena's like the Ziggo just by herself. The Dance-tour didn't went to Europe and the SYW-tour only landed in Germany, UK and Ireland. So, It was on my bucketlist since the early 90's :-)

Yes, of course I'm aware of the tours since 2009. I attended all the shows in Holland and Belgium in 2009, 2013 and 2015. Was at the show in the Ziggo-dome when they had to shorten the set due to soundproblems and read about the illness of John, while I really thought that would be their final show ... But ... Hurray for the GA at the Ziggo-dome ... was upfront all the times :-)
I’m even more confused now. You said Mac didn’t tour in Europe in 2000s but now you are saying you were at all their shows there in 2000s and that you really meant Stevie. Are you considering this version of Mac to really be glorified Stevie solo augmented with the Mac brand so she can play arenas in Europe?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-06-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
I’m even more confused now. You said Mac didn’t tour in Europe in 2000s but now you are saying you were at all their shows there in 2000s and that you really meant Stevie. Are you considering this version of Mac to really be glorified Stevie solo augmented with the Mac brand so she can play arenas in Europe?
Ye$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2018, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ok, no need to be confused. Let me try to explain again:

In the 90's and early zero's: Stevie embarked on a few solo-tours thru the US (and sometimes Australia). She did not tour Europe. I was a bit frustrated by that and I put it on my bucket list to fly to the US once to see a concert overthere. That's all!! I was not able to do so on the 24kGold-tour and will do now.

Mac as well did not tour (ok ok the Time-band did so) The Netherlands between 1990 and 2009. That's still 19 Years!!! They didn't on the Dance-tour and not on the SYW-tour (and yes, I saw them in Germany in 2004).

So yes, I mainly was referring to Stevie Nicks. But somehow she is a person non grata overhere But that won't change the goal on my bucket list.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
So yes, I mainly was referring to Stevie Nicks. But somehow she is a person non grata overhere But that won't change the goal on my bucket list.
they don't like SN in Holland, you mean? or she just can't sell enough to make it worth for her to perform there solo?

i'm still not sure how FM without LB will make your dream of seeing SN solo in Holland come true.

now, LB's original plans of touring solo in between Mac dates could have made LB solo fans' in Holland dreams come true - that way he would have been able to do a few solo dates in Holland, if Mac was covering most of the equipment transfer logistics from the US to Europe and already touring as a band in Holland and the rest of northwestern Europe as they tend to do. but LB's firing made sure those fans don't get that opportunity.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-07-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
they don't like SN in Holland, you mean? or she just can't sell enough to make it worth for her to perform there solo?

i'm still not sure how FM without LB will make your dream of seeing SN solo in Holland come true.

now, LB's original plans of touring solo in between Mac dates could have made LB solo fans' in Holland dreams come true - that way he would have been able to do a few solo dates in Holland, if Mac was covering most of the equipment transfer logistics from the US to Europe and already touring as a band in Holland and the rest of northwestern Europe as they tend to do. but LB's firing made sure those fans don't get that opportunity.
Pure greed vs. Let me keep creating while I tour w/ the Big Machine

Pretty much stopped two great tours... plus, Christine was going to do some BuckVie w/ Lindsey.

Old 06-07-2018, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

No Stevie is not that well known in Holland and she will not sell out. And with
'overhere' I meant ' this section of The Ledge' not my country .... And since happend what you describe ... I doubt it that this line-up will tour outside of the US ... so I decided to fly to the US, for fun, vacation and a concert. End of Story ...