User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-12-2018, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
It is not at all accurate to say that this is a LB forum, you have only started posting here and you are unaware of the vast majority of FM fans here that are now appalled at this situation. Most members were either fans of all five fireflies together or specifically SN or CM, BuckMcVie fans. That has now changed as people feel an injustice has occurred. Just because you do not feel the same does not mean that you can call this forum unfairly biased.
Again I am a huge Finn fan I have been for probably 35 years, whilst I do not begrudge him for joining the band I am still so incredibly angry that this vacant role became available in the band in the first place. I don't want anybody trying to take Lindsey's place. I do not share your excitement for this chapter, Finn fan or not.
You may not like it but it's not unreasonable for a band to fire a member who agreed to a tour a year in advance and then decides to back out and delay the tour for a year. I know that Lindsey's wife feels that this is a "raw deal" but perhaps Lindsey should have simply played the tour and then did his solo thing next summer. If Lindsey had done that, the band would still be together and all would be good.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:53 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
You may not like it but it's not unreasonable for a band to fire a member who agreed to a tour a year in advance and then decides to back out and delay the tour for a year. I know that Lindsey's wife feels that this is a "raw deal" but perhaps Lindsey should have simply played the tour and then did his solo thing next summer. If Lindsey had done that, the band would still be together and all would be good.
It is unreasonable to fire a member for scheduling conflicts, when another member has prevented the band from touring and recording in the past, with no repercussions. Your argument that it only matters if the tour was already booked is academic at best. Stevie prevented the band from touring, so same net result.

It's pretty obvious the real reason is conflict between Stevie and Lindsey, considering their history, and the touring conflict is just an excuse.

The band should have bent over backwards to accommodate Lindsey, as they did with Stevie in the past.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
It is unreasonable to fire a member for scheduling conflicts, when another member has prevented the band from touring and recording in the past, with no repercussions. Your argument that it only matters if the tour was already booked is academic at best. Stevie prevented the band from touring, so same net result.

It's pretty obvious the real reason is conflict between Stevie and Lindsey, considering their history, and the touring conflict is just an excuse.

The band should have bent over backwards to accommodate Lindsey, as they did with Stevie in the past.
Your view is shared by many. Others believe that it's not unreasonable for a band to fire a member who agrees to a tour and then backs out after everything is scheduled and booked. I can see the pro's and con's of the band rescheduling the tour vs. firing Lindsey. The simple solution, however, would have been Lindsey simply playing the tour which he had already agreed to do. It was Lindsey who created this drama by backing out of an already scheduled tour. He could have done his solo thing next summer and honored his commitment to playing the Fleetwood Mac tour. If Lindsey had done that, the band would still be together and all would be good.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:04 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Your view is shared by many. Others believe that it's not unreasonable for a band to fire a member who agrees to a tour and then backs out after everything is scheduled and booked. I can see the pro's and con's of the band rescheduling the tour vs. firing Lindsey. The simple solution, however, would have been Lindsey simply playing the tour which he had already agreed to do. It was Lindsey who created this drama by backing out of an already scheduled tour. He could have done his solo thing next summer and honored his commitment to playing the Fleetwood Mac tour. If Lindsey had done that, the band would still be together and all would be good.
Which is exactly what Stevie has done in the past. Made the band tour wait for her to finish her solo thing. And Mick was not too happy at the time.

So what you're saying is 2 sets of rules for Stevie and Lindsey? That's why people are upset. Not to mention, firing someone is a slap in the face. You don't fire a band member of 30+ years for such a stupid reason. Clearly someone wanted Lindsey out. I wonder who it was?
Old 06-12-2018, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Which is exactly what Stevie has done in the past. Made the band tour wait for her to finish her solo thing. And Mick was not too happy at the time.

So what you're saying is 2 sets of rules for Stevie and Lindsey? That's why people are upset. Not to mention, firing someone is a slap in the face. You don't fire a band member of 30+ years for such a stupid reason. Clearly someone wanted Lindsey out. I wonder who it was?
It isn't a "stupid reason" to fire a member who agrees to a six month tour and then backs out after everything is scheduled and booked. And I'm not aware of any time that Stevie agreed to a tour and then backed out after it was scheduled. It is very different if a member doesn't want to tour vs. a member agreeing to a tour and then backing out.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually Crowded House has had its share of losses over the years (Paul Hester's tragic death and Tim Finn abruptly quitting the band) and somehow the band has weathered on as strong as ever.

?????
They're worse than Fleetwood Mac. They've released 2 albums in the last 25 years and have barely existed as band
As strong as ever?????

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-12-2018, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Sugar Mouse....do your 'sources' mention that the uncompromising conflict between S and L has any part in LB's firing? Because so many other sources indicate this?
You also mention the tour was 'scheduled' and booked.....I debate that it was actually only planned
Old 06-12-2018, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It isn't a "stupid reason" to fire a member who agrees to a six month tour and then backs out after everything is scheduled and booked. And I'm not aware of any time that Stevie agreed to a tour and then backed out after it was scheduled. It is very different if a member doesn't want to tour vs. a member agreeing to a tour and then backing out.
I'm pretty sure this forthcoming tour was pushed back to late 2018 by Stevie. I don't have any evidence to refer to but I'm damn sure they were originally due to tour in late 2017. That's when Chris said they'd 'signed on the dotted line' for.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-12-2018, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And we know for sure that this is what occurred from which MSM source, again?

Old 06-12-2018, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
?????
They're worse than Fleetwood Mac. They've released 2 albums in the last 25 years and have barely existed as band
As strong as ever?????
Since the band reunited, Crowded House has released two studio albums in the last decade. But don't get me going on this as I'd love to see Neil be more active with Crowded House. He just doesn't have the time with all his other projects.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:41 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
That's conjecture on your part. How do you know it was fully booked when they decided to fire Lindsey? Planned yes, just like it was planned in 2012. Mick's comments from the Playboy interview are very interesting in this context.

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2012...ayboy.html?m=1

"But that is what she wants to do, and I respect that. In the past I’d not have taken no for an answer. I’d have persuaded Stevie or whoever needed persuading at the time to do the tour. But I’m not doing that this time or ever again, and there is nothing else to say about it. Stevie changed her program and changed her mind, and however willful anyone may be, this is what’s happening. Or not happening, rather. It’s quite simple: Stevie changed her mind. And you know what? That is our innate privilege as humans: Each of us has the right to change our mind.”
Old 06-12-2018, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Sugar Mouse....do your 'sources' mention that the uncompromising conflict between S and L has any part in LB's firing? Because so many other sources indicate this?
You also mention the tour was 'scheduled' and booked.....I debate that it was actually only planned
I'm sure the Stevie/Lindsey relationship hasn't been a good one of late. However, it's not unreasonable to fire someone who basically won't show up for work for a year.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Since the band reunited, Crowded House has released two studio albums in the last decade. But don't get me going on this as I'd love to see Neil be more active with Crowded House. He just doesn't have the time with all his other projects.
I know I'm splitting hairs but its one album in the last decade and nothing for eight years.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-12-2018, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's conjecture on your part. How do you know it was fully booked when they decided to fire Lindsey? Planned yes, just like it was planned in 2012. Mick's comments from the Playboy interview are very interesting in this context.

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2012...ayboy.html?m=1

"But that is what she wants to do, and I respect that. In the past I’d not have taken no for an answer. I’d have persuaded Stevie or whoever needed persuading at the time to do the tour. But I’m not doing that this time or ever again, and there is nothing else to say about it. Stevie changed her program and changed her mind, and however willful anyone may be, this is what’s happening. Or not happening, rather. It’s quite simple: Stevie changed her mind. And you know what? That is our innate privilege as humans: Each of us has the right to change our mind.”
Again, the band would still be together if Lindsey would have simply honored his commitment.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:47 PM
saniette
This message has been deleted by saniette.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'm pretty sure this forthcoming tour was pushed back to late 2018 by Stevie. I don't have any evidence to refer to but I'm damn sure they were originally due to tour in late 2017. That's when Chris said they'd 'signed on the dotted line' for.
I always thought this too. After the OWTS tour they talked as if they would tour again at the end of 2017, giving them a 2 years break which is usually what they like. But Stevie took on her solo tour that ended up going long so then Lindsey and Chris decided to do BM in the time. I think that Lindsey would have started whatever solo thing he wanted during that time had it not been for Stevie refusing to do an album. He probably hoped he would be able to do his solo project in its own time and go out on the road with FM in support of a new album-- a totally separate album/tour was probably not something he was hoping for. But because that didn't work out so they did BM instead that took up some of that time he could've used.

**She also delayed the 2013 tour, which was supposed to start in 2012 (actually was supposed to start in 2011 but Mick agreed to give S&L that year for their solo projects, Lindsey took it and was ready to go with FM as scheduled but Stevie later decided that she wasn't finished promoting her album so she told them no). The whole debacle was pretty dramatic and well documented.

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 06-12-2018 at 03:27 PM..