The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default buzz about EOTS/LB - possible single? (Australia)

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ent...54bb2ba413af19

Empire of the Sun gets tongues wagging with picture of band with Fleetwood Mac legend Lindsey Buckingham

CHRISTINE SAMS
THE DAILY TELEGRAPH JULY 07, 2014 12:00AM SHARE

This picture of Australian band Empire of the Sun with Lindsay Buckingham, of Fleetwood Mac, has the music industry buzzing.

THE leading Australian musicians from Empire of the Sun have the industry buzzing about their recording sessions with Fleetwood Mac legend Lindsey Buckingham.

After studio sessions in May, which included an appearance by Buckingham’s son Will, the band’s new project is generating hype here and overseas — mainly because of speculation about whether a single from the session will be released.

An EMI executive in Australia, Scott Horscroft, has reposted images of the band during the Buckingham recording sessions, teasing music fans with the line #StayTunedEmpyreans.

Horscroft also now owns the iconic Grove Studios and has himself produced tracks for bands including The Presets, Silverchair and Sleepy Jackson (Luke Steele’s band before his Empire of the Sun days).

Empire of The Sun shine on stage at the Optus RockCorps concert, Luna Park.

But it’s not only Empire of the Sun fans showing anticipation about potential new music, Buckingham’s legion of Fleetwood Mac fans are also waiting with interest. There have been numerous postings about Buckingham’s studio sessions with the Australian musicians on fan sites.

For music industry observers, there is also a strong Pnau tie-in to the Lindsey Buckingham sessions, as Nick Littlemore (one half of both Pnau and Empire of the Sun) was there with his Pnau bandmate Peter Mayes.

It was Mayes who initially posted pics of the session with Buckingham.

In what appears to be an ultimate Aussie muso love-in with the Fleetwood Mac legend is sure to turn into one of the more anticipated projects of the year.

Originally published as Cryptic Empire post keeps fans guessing
COMMENTS

[lol about fan sites postings about sessions]

EDIT: here's the original blog post from 3 days ago that prompted the article, i guess:
http://empireofthesun.com/post/90700...o-with-lindsey
Was fun hanging out in the studio with Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac #StayTunedEmpyreans

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 07-06-2014 at 07:22 PM..
Old 07-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Buckingham has legions of fans? Nice to know.

Michele
Old 10-10-2015, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

apparently something came out of those 2 or so days LB was hanging out with EOTS last year:

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-10-2015, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh wow. That's great. Can't wait to know more. Michele
Old 03-15-2016, 05:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

There's a video at the source and they talk about him at approximately 8.30 minutes in or thereabouts.

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/empire...-number-three/

It’s been almost three years since Empire Of The Sun‘s last record Ice On The Dune but Luke Steele and Nick Littlemore are nearing closer to finishing their third LP.

The pair took to Facebook for a live Q&A today and revealed a few little nuggets of information about when to expect it and who they worked with.

Steele usually tours the project without Littlemore but they both appeared together for the Q&A and seemed to be enthused about the new album which they think “should be done in about a month”.

As reported by triple j, the two are eyeing a September release for the record but they haven’t locked anything down yet. They are, however, about to go to Hollywood’s Henson recording studios for 10 days to finish it off.

While we don’t have much information about what the album’s direction is, there is some particularly exciting news that they revealed. They did two days of writing with Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham.

“A pretty big coup for us,” Littlemore said.

“Obviously we’ve been heavily influenced by Fleetwood Mac over the years and there are some other people but I think they’ll be revealed once the record’s in the can.”

The ever-ambitious EOTS boys are also looking towards a film project on top of the album. Their music videos have always been epic affairs but this sounds like it will be something even bigger.

“We’re gonna make a movie – it’s coming, we’ve been talking about it for long enough,” they said.

It’s going to be a “psychedelic road movie” and will no doubt be as wild and whacky as the duo themselves.

Right now they’re focussing on album number three though and then they will look towards the movie. Busy times.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 03-15-2016, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I hope this album surfaces sometime soon! I love Empire of the Sun; though admittedly their second album, Ice on the Dune, wasn't nearly as good as their first, Walking on a Dream.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Yippee!

I remember the pics of LB and EOTS from...was that last year? Can't wait to hear what they came up with!

EOTS seems to be becoming more mainstream after that car commercial used Walking on a Dream.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey in the studio with EOTS

so apparently Lindsey has been in the studio with EOTS for last 10+ days, judging by these posts:

april 13 - https://www.facebook.com/empireofthe...type=3&theater

april 21 - https://www.facebook.com/empireofthe...type=3&theater

april 25 - https://www.facebook.com/empireofthe...type=3&theater

Old 04-25-2016, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, at least we'll get some new work from him, one way or another. Thanks for the info, Elle.

Michele
Old 04-26-2016, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll be honest- Empire of the Sun have completely passed me by. I know naff-all about them. So, if he ends up being in any of their videos is he going to have to wear a funny outfit and silly hat?
Old 05-03-2016, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

more pics from EOTS with Lindsey in studio -

https://www.facebook.com/empireofthe...type=3&theater

Old 05-08-2016, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not looking forward to this. I Think Empire Of The Sun is the totally overrated lame lollypopversion of MGMT, who make a lot more interesting popmusic.

I wish Lindsey put some energy in collaborations with real musicians like he did with Grohl, Homme and most important Reznor.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I'm not looking forward to this. I Think Empire Of The Sun is the totally overrated lame lollypopversion of MGMT, who make a lot more interesting popmusic.

I wish Lindsey put some energy in collaborations with real musicians like he did with Grohl, Homme and most important Reznor.
It's interesting you have such a dislike of EOTS, because to me, they have a very Fleetwood Mac vibe to them. That whole behind the beat sound, mystical lyrics and visuals, and songs of past love affairs. Yeah, they certainly aren't breaking any new ground, but they aren't really offensive, either.

I like MGMT & Empire of the Sun both... but I'd never think to compare the two. To me, MGMT has much more adolescent lyrics and a bratty sound than EOTS. I think of EOTS appealing to slightly older, more contemplative audiences.

All that being said, am I waiting with baited breath to see what EOTS & Lindsey come up with? Hardly. EOTS is one of my favorite modern bands, but all these Mac collaborations bore me ceaselessly. Especially since they tend to give birth to horrible, boring pop songs.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
It's interesting you have such a dislike of EOTS, because to me, they have a very Fleetwood Mac vibe to them. That whole behind the beat sound, mystical lyrics and visuals, and songs of past love affairs. Yeah, they certainly aren't breaking any new ground, but they aren't really offensive, either.

I like MGMT & Empire of the Sun both... but I'd never think to compare the two. To me, MGMT has much more adolescent lyrics and a bratty sound than EOTS. I think of EOTS appealing to slightly older, more contemplative audiences.

All that being said, am I waiting with baited breath to see what EOTS & Lindsey come up with? Hardly. EOTS is one of my favorite modern bands, but all these Mac collaborations bore me ceaselessly. Especially since they tend to give birth to horrible, boring pop songs.
If you mean The FM-vibe of Little Lies and Familyman, I hear that too. But in general, I don't hear it. But I agree on what they come up with in general, besides the gorgeous Copy of A by Nine Inch Nails.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Louie, I completely agree with you! They have such an electronic mac sound, probably why I like them so much . Also, is it just me or could you TOTALLY envision Christine's vocals on Ice on the Dune, or I'll Be Around?