User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I thought the same. The whole kids-in-studio segment is one of the best moments on that DVD. That and Stella on the phone.
Adorable. Since he's on the phone too, I assume she's talking to him on the phone.

Josh, that one photo with the eyes looks to me like Lee Lee with her hair pulled back, rather than Will.

John Stewart said Lindsey told him all he did was fiddle with the knobs until he liked the way it sounded. No real scientific method, so I think Will's on the right track.

Michele
Old 03-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Adorable. Since he's on the phone too, I assume she's talking to him on the phone.

Josh, that one photo with the eyes looks to me like Lee Lee with her hair pulled back, rather than Will.

John Stewart said Lindsey told him all he did was fiddle with the knobs until he liked the way it sounded. No real scientific method, so I think Will's on the right track.

Michele
Well, actually Lindsey is having some album label-related discussion on the phone with his "people" I assume, but I placed it in there because it was also a pretty interesting/funny part, and it went well with the Stella thing- which is beyond cute. I won't say any more.

The pic with the eyes is actually Will (with his hair brushed back). In the documentary there's a "Lindsey flashback" montage of childhood pics with an almost identical picture of Lindsey as a boy.

Perhaps tomorrow I'll post a few more cute ones...

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 03-25-2008, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Really nice pictures Watch out (10 yr olds) girls...I can see quite a few going for Wills magnetic eyes!
Old 03-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The pic with the eyes is actually Will (with his hair brushed back). In the documentary there's a "Lindsey flashback" montage of childhood pics with an almost identical picture of Lindsey as a boy.

Perhaps tomorrow I'll post a few more cute ones...

Wow, I have never seen Will's face like that. Obviously I'm not the most objective person in the world, but they are amazing looking children. And it's not like good looking parents always produce beautiful children, because they don't.

Michele
Old 03-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They have created some beautiful babies together! Wow!!

I love that they are showing him with his family on the behind the scenes stuff...his eyes light up when he talks about them so it will be great to see them together.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I totally agree about the children being gorgeous. And they're precious as well...in particular I find Leelee's personality from the video quite entrancing, with the little bossiness and the singing and the "jamming" to the music. She's SO cute! And what an absolute doll as well...

Then again that little Stella is too adorable for words!

Old 03-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for more screen shots Nico!!

Old 03-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just finished watching the documentary. I am just glad to have the Shut Us Down video on DVD.

These lines are, I believe, Fleetwood Mac's motto, no?

Will: Since I'm dad, I control the studio.

Lee Lee: And since I'm mom, I control the kitty.

Michele
Old 03-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I loved the photos Nico posted... (3 cheers for Nico, Hip Hip Hooray!)

That being said, I haven't seen the video yet, but I like being able to see another side of Mr. B. It makes him more human and less God-like...

In short, he's almost one of us.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
In short, he's almost one of us.

SPOILER TALK

SPOILER TALK

Not to be specific, but I was just watching the phone call scenes on the DVD and he's too much one of us. I was nervous for Fleetwood Mac when they were talking to the record execs in Destiny Rules, but now I'm practically sorrowful.

I HATE having Lindsey's feelings hurt. I feel torn up inside. And I have to say that I never paid too much attention to the Cast Away Dreams video before, but the way it was positioned in the documentary just broke my heart. The placement was so poignant and the pictures used before (the pic of a young Lindsey on the water), used again in that song at that point in the documentary, symbolized something new -- not cast away dreams -- but lost dreams, inaccessible dreams.
Michele
Old 03-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just finished watching the documentary. I am just glad to have the Shut Us Down video on DVD.

These lines are, I believe, Fleetwood Mac's motto, no?

Will: Since I'm dad, I control the studio.

Lee Lee: And since I'm mom, I control the kitty.

Michele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy
I loved the photos Nico posted... (3 cheers for Nico, Hip Hip Hooray!)
You're welcome! I'm truly happy to share them. I'm agreeing with you all about Lindsey being as human as the rest of us. His reactions on the phone make that poignantly clear, as well as the little clips of him and his wife towards the end after he decided to "settle" for an offer that perhaps wasn't what he had envisioned. It almost looks like consolation coming from her and acceptance coming from him. And it's very sweet/loving.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're welcome! I'm truly happy to share them. I'm agreeing with you all about Lindsey being as human as the rest of us. His reactions on the phone make that poignantly clear, as well as the little clips of him and his wife towards the end after he decided to "settle" for an offer that perhaps wasn't what he had envisioned. It almost looks like consolation coming from her and acceptance coming from him. And it's very sweet/loving.
What I also like is Will asking if those are the lights from Dodger Stadium he sees from the balcony and wondering if it's baseball season. Lindsey says it isn't, speaking hesitantly. It's as if he's acknowledging the change of the seasons and the fact that he himself is no longer a boy of summer.

Of course, the cynical side of me is talking to the tv: "Will, have you seen the pictures of your Dad in mascara? Son, he wouldn't know if it's baseball season or not."

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 03-25-2008 at 11:28 PM..
Old 03-25-2008, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What I also like is Will asking if that's the lights from Dodger Stadium he sees from the balcony and wondering if it's baseball season. Lindsey says it isn't, speaking hesitantly. It's as if he's acknowledging the change of the seasons and the fact that he himself is no longer a boy of summer.
Michele
That is such an interesting interpretation. I never thought of it that way. Any more insights you care to share? I like them.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Any more insights you care to share? I like them.
Well, I'm all out, but I was struck at the beginning when he said his father would have gently removed him from all the craziness. He was trying to be poetic and take us through him being a son to being a father, in one sentence. So, I didn't take the comment literally. But it did make me wonder what his parents were saying to him in the early days. Stevie loves to talk about how her dad gave her an ultimatum about going back to school.

What was Lindsey hearing from the Buckinghams? Or was his father's failing health so consuming their thoughts that they didn't give LB too many lectures about needing to give up an obsession with music that might have no future? Of course, back then, early 70s, the real craziness and single-minded drive had not yet even begun for Lindsey.

Still, when you have a son who has no degree, is 25, fighting with his girlfriend constantly, barely making ends meet and just might be a raging pothead, you do start to worry!

Michele
Old 03-26-2008, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
SPOILER TALK

SPOILER TALK

Not to be specific, but I was just watching the phone call scenes on the DVD and he's too much one of us. I was nervous for Fleetwood Mac when they were talking to the record execs in Destiny Rules, but now I'm practically sorrowful.

I HATE having Lindsey's feelings hurt. I feel torn up inside. And I have to say that I never paid too much attention to the Cast Away Dreams video before, but the way it was positioned in the documentary just broke my heart. The placement was so poignant and the pictures used before (the pic of a young Lindsey on the water), used again in that song at that point in the documentary, symbolized something new -- not cast away dreams -- but lost dreams, inaccessible dreams.
Michele
I so agree about the CAD video.....it was so touching and meaningful. I think the whole documentary was great and filled with symbolism and interesting touches. I loved how often he focused on the photo of FM, with LB, John and Mick.
The beginning "poem" was amazing, too.

The kids are just precious and Leelee has the most adorable, commanding personality. She is definately larger than life. Stella is a doll, too.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey