Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-19-2005, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Welcome Future Games......love the screen name
Old 05-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Welcome to The Ledge, Future Games! You've been a fan since 9 years before I was born! (That doesn't make you old, by the way, it just makes me painfully young! ) Anyway, make yourself at home here!
Thanks for the welcome, and, more importantly, the disclaimer about my "advanced age". Actually, I'm still in my 30's. My mom was a FM fan, so I was exposed to it from very early on. She had an 8-track (*shudder*) of "Mystery To Me", and it was my favorite of everything she had. The White Album came out a little later (as you all know), and I BEGGED for it when my birthday came around. It kind of goes on from there...
Old 05-20-2005, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGames
Thanks for the welcome, and, more importantly, the disclaimer about my "advanced age". Actually, I'm still in my 30's. My mom was a FM fan, so I was exposed to it from very early on. She had an 8-track (*shudder*) of "Mystery To Me", and it was my favorite of everything she had. The White Album came out a little later (as you all know), and I BEGGED for it when my birthday came around. It kind of goes on from there...
OMG an 8-track of Mystery to Me! How cool is that? I wish I could have seen it. I'll take that masterpiece of an album in any form!
Old 05-23-2005, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Welcome!

I, too, was a "lurker" here for quite awhile. Attribute it to "old age" and a reluctance to try anything new for fear of rejection. I don't think I could handle it!!! Imagine being rejected by people you don't even know! Seriously, I am old....knocking on 50!
Old 05-25-2005, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbelle1214
I, too, was a "lurker" here for quite awhile. Attribute it to "old age" and a reluctance to try anything new for fear of rejection. I don't think I could handle it!!! Imagine being rejected by people you don't even know! Seriously, I am old....knocking on 50!
Just wanted to say that that's not old at all in my book.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Post Thanks!

I like your book better!!! Sometimes the people here all seem so young and intelligent....It makes me afraid to voice my opinion when I do have one!
Old 05-27-2005, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Time is the soundtrack to my driving lessons, especially Bekka's songs.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I like your book better!!! Sometimes the people here all seem so young and intelligent....It makes me afraid to voice my opinion when I do have one!
Oh, please don't feel that way! I'm glad that there are so many people on the board who are my age but I'm used to people who are older than me because I hang out with people who more than twice my age in "real" life. It's a generalization that I would be criticized for, but I tend to value the opinions of those who are older than me more than others. So please feel free to voice your opinions!
Old 05-28-2005, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm looking down both barrels of the "50" gun, too ...hasn't stopped ME from mouthin' off around here. Speak your mind!
Old 05-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ah, go for it. Believe me, I've pissed off my fair share of people. No matter what your opinion, there are at least two people who will agree with it and three who will disagree. Well, except if you say something like "babies go good with mayo." Then you're pretty much on your own...

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-28-2005, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Well, except if you say something like "babies go good with mayo." Then you're pretty much on your own...