Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Seriously, what was the point of "inviting" him to Maui? To rehearse? Yeah, right! With his two (always two) replacements already there, the only reason I can think for this display of generosity is to tell him he was indeed fired.
The whole point was to embarrass him. That's how fu*king sick Stevie is.
I have a hard time understanding the point, too. Since Finn and Campbell were there, the possible reasons are:

1) They were asking him to literally compete with Finn and Campbell for his job in some kind of "American Idol" guitar-duel type scenario.... both humiliating and ridiculous, as they already know what Lindsey, Campbell, and Finn are capable of. However, I seriously doubt this was what was going to happen, because it would be degrading for all three men. Even if they had no respect for Lindsey, they would not want to put Finn and Campbell through that. I mean, it's patently absurd.

2) They were asking him to come down for a "talk" - after which he could enjoy watching them rehearse with his replacements. I guess I respect the fact that they wanted to tell him to his face that he was fired since apparently they didn't do so before, but I can understand why he wouldn't fly down there for that.

So, they shouldn't brag about inviting him to the rehearsal as if that's terribly magnanimous of them when they dumped him. It's like bragging about how nice you are for inviting your ex to your wedding, then calling him rude when he doesn't attend.

Last edited by sodascouts; 07-05-2018 at 09:27 PM..
Old 07-05-2018, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
2) They were asking him to come down for a "talk." I guess I respect the fact that they wanted to tell him to his face that he was fired since apparently they didn't do so before, but I can understand why he wouldn't fly down there for that.

So, they shouldn't brag about inviting him to the rehearsal as if that's terribly magnanimous of them when they dumped him. It's like bragging about how nice you are for inviting your ex to your wedding, then calling him rude when he doesn't attend.
I guess that's why he didn't go. Because he knew they wanted to make the firing official and of course he couldn't face that. Totally understandable.
He also probably didn't go because he knew his firing was a done deal, so what was the point of doing a long trip just to have another fight with Mick and Stevie?

They wanted to look him in the eye and tell him he was fired. What a bunch of losers! First they omitted the truth and they said he left the band but then once they truth is out they brag about their generosity.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess that's why he didn't go. Because he knew they wanted to make the firing official and of course he couldn't face that. Totally understandable.
He also probably didn't go because he knew his firing was a done deal, so what was the point of doing a long trip just to have another fight with Mick and Stevie?

They wanted to look him in the eye and tell him he was fired. What a bunch of losers! First they omitted the truth and they said he left the band but then once they truth is out they brag about their generosity.
Who in their right mind would make the trip? Dignity in tact, stay on your home turf and let your "friends" fumble their way through the press for this debacle. I know I come across as team Lindsey in most of my posts. At the core, I am a fan of this band, but honestly, what i've seen/understood to have transpired here, I am sickened by this lot. All 5 of them whiffed this bad. This has Stevie and Mick written all over it, but I cannot absolve Chris and John from this debacle. I know folks are giving them passes here, but Why? Lindsey owns it too. They all suck ( can I say that here) You own and control your destiny and you all did this. Neil Finn and Mike Campbell aren't FM--The Rumours 5 did this to themselves, they alone can fix it.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s all one big tantrum. All 5 had a part to play. I don’t have a lot of sympathy for LB, and as excited as I am to see Stevie and Christine in March, I will have little sympathy for them if it fails commercially.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
It’s all one big tantrum. All 5 had a part to play. I don’t have a lot of sympathy for LB, and as excited as I am to see Stevie and Christine in March, I will have little sympathy for them if it fails commercially.
I agree. It's one of many Stevie's tantrums. This time she went too far. Because I don't see her as the victim here. She's definitely the big winner.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 07-05-2018, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Who in their right mind would make the trip? Dignity in tact, stay on your home turf and let your "friends" fumble their way through the press for this debacle. I know I come across as team Lindsey in most of my posts. At the core, I am a fan of this band, but honestly, what i've seen/understood to have transpired here, I am sickened by this lot. All 5 of them whiffed this bad. This has Stevie and Mick written all over it, but I cannot absolve Chris and John from this debacle. I know folks are giving them passes here, but Why? Lindsey owns it too. They all suck ( can I say that here) You own and control your destiny and you all did this. Neil Finn and Mike Campbell aren't FM--The Rumours 5 did this to themselves, they alone can fix it.
THIS!
They do all suck! But when they're this close to death, they should have honored the legacy first, above all else. You WANT to go out as LEGENDS? You don't sell out to K-Mart, you DUMB F*CKS!!!!! Which is exactly what they did.

I'm sure that Lindsey isn't completely innocent in this scenario, but they should have held out, to make the story have a happy ending.

Now, it's got the most f*cked up ending imaginable.

I hope Old Goat Breath is happy, the old *****.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree. It's one of many Stevie's tantrums. This time she went too far. Because I don't see her as the victim here. She's definitely the big winner.
All 5 are part of the tantrum. Something happened in the meeting no one will talk about, and L played a role like others did. This would not have happened otherwise.

I think they all will see themselves as the victim when it suits them. All five.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I have a hard time understanding the point, too. Since Finn and Campbell were there, the possible reasons are:

1) "American Idol" guitar-duel

2) they wanted to tell him to his face that he was fired
My take on this would be that it must have been an attempt at damage control; for example, to get everyone's stories straight and be on the same page in order to limit any fallout in terms of tour profitability and brand credibility. And since LB didn't end up drinking that particular can of Hawaiian kool aid, the result was that the remaining members gave very vague and conflicting--and, when pushed to elaborate, entirely fabricated--stories about what happened, since they were in the dark about what the LB side might or might not say about how it did actually all play out.

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 07-06-2018 at 03:50 AM..
Old 07-06-2018, 06:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
All 5 are part of the tantrum. Something happened in the meeting no one will talk about, and L played a role like others did. This would not have happened otherwise.

I think they all will see themselves as the victim when it suits them. All five.
I don’t think anyone sees Stevie as the victim. Only she of course and those wacko fans who would drink her pee if she asks them to.

Many Stevie fans have turned against her while I don’t see any Lindsey fan doing the same. That’s got to tell you something.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don’t think anyone sees Stevie as the victim. Only she of course and those wacko fans who would drink her pee if she asks them to.

Many Stevie fans have turned against her while I don’t see any Lindsey fan doing the same. That’s got to tell you something.
This is so true, and you made me laugh out loud Thank you!!
Old 07-06-2018, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I see it online, but I have not seen any fans turn against Stevie in “real life.” The fans older than me that I know just see this as par for the course. Most think she was over dramatic as usual, and he must have been a jerk again and it caught up with him. Probably truth to all of that. Most of the fans want music and will see FM, and will just see Lindsey solo.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i have no time to read through pages of different threads, but since when was Lindsey invited to Maui for their rehearsal with Campbell and Finn?????

last i've heard, he was NOT invited, but he heard about it happening and was considering going as a last effort to try to convince them they are making a huge mistake. they were supposedly all worried that he will be coming and were preparing their "defense" - but at some point he must have realized that 1) he was not invited and 2) that the effort would be futile, and decided not to go after all.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-06-2018, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I see it online, but I have not seen any fans turn against Stevie in “real life.” The fans older than me that I know just see this as par for the course. Most think she was over dramatic as usual, and he must have been a jerk again and it caught up with him. Probably truth to all of that. Most of the fans want music and will see FM, and will just see Lindsey solo.
And would add that I do not feel that Stevie or anyone else in the band is obligated to spend their final productive years locked in a toxic dungeon with someone they have serious problems with, just so some of us can pretend the band is still a viable creative force. I am constantly amazed at how many people here on the Ledge actually thought the Rumours 5 would record together again. Or that they should have stayed together because that is the way WE want it.

Move on.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i have no time to read through pages of different threads, but since when was Lindsey invited to Maui for their rehearsal with Campbell and Finn?????

last i've heard, he was NOT invited, but he heard about it happening and was considering going as a last effort to try to convince them they are making a huge mistake. they were supposedly all worried that he will be coming and were preparing their "defense" - but at some point he must have realized that 1) he was not invited and 2) that the effort would be futile, and decided not to go after all.
I think people are talking at cross purposes....
Gldstwmn mentioned about Lindsey being invited to rehearse but I think he was
talking about 1986/7 and Lindsey then leaving the band
People then thought gldstwmn meant like Now....
I think......
Old 07-06-2018, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I think people are talking at cross purposes....
Gldstwmn mentioned about Lindsey being invited to rehearse but I think he was
talking about 1986/7 and Lindsey then leaving the band
People then thought gldstwmn meant like Now....
I think......
Yes. I got confused and I led everyone else astray. I'm sorry. I feel very foolish!