User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-04-2019, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Not only that, but Christine and Stevie also came back in 1997. And if Fleetwood Mac was truly disbanded by that point, Mick and John came back, too. That's not a good example of Lindsey jumping out and jumping in. They all reunited.

And Fleetwood Mac asked him to play those two nights. It had nothing to do with teasing the audience about a reunion. In fact, LB himself made clear to the press that he was NOT joining the band permanently. He wouldn't have done the Clinton gala, either, if the rest of the band (Stevie primarily, by all accounts) hadn't convinced him to do so. He had no personal interest in it. The attempt to portray him as a fickle "in-and-out" kind of guy during those years is baseless and inaccurate.
So, Stevie basically forced Lindsey's hand. We all knew that. She said to him: "If you don't do this, I'll never speak to you again". A delicate flower indeed.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You need to post some pics of your $tevie $hrine. I'm sure it's fabulou$.
Right? He wanted to make new music...what a MONSTER!!!! I love the one where he forgot about the importance of touring....WTF? He had just toured for 2 years with them.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Right? He wanted to make new music...what a MONSTER!!!! I love the one where he forgot about the importance of touring....WTF? He had just toured for 2 years with them.
He's absolutely horrible!!! $he says so.

Fleetwoodf*cking Mac would have died by 1980 if it weren't for HIM. Bunch of f*cking ignorant, selfish, egomaniacs, they are.
Old 02-06-2019, 02:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
I actually think the above is a pretty good crystallization of why the two sides on this issue will never see eye to eye.

If you're a fan of A BAND, and you're characterizing CREATING MUSIC as some sort of lesser endeavor to a massive arena tour in which they play songs we've all heard on numerous previous tours, how could you ever understand the frustrations of someone who puts that creative process first?

It's not as if Lindsey was demanding the band stop touring altogether and only record new music. He was saying, Let's do what we've always* done and put an album out first, then tour behind it. I personally know I'll never understand why that suddenly became such a burdensome ask from 2005-2018.

*Until 2009.
I presented Stevie's side of the argument and you presumed I agree with her side. I do not. BUT, Buckingham McVie IS a Fleetwood Mac album. New music happened and it happened without Stevie. A tour behind the 2017 Fleetwood Mac album also happened.
So, why was Lindsey not satisfied with the 2014-2015 tour and the 2017 tour being the Fleetwood Mac crowning achievement and farewell?
Old 02-06-2019, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Because "with the finish line in sight" (as he put it), they tarnished the legacy of a band in which he had invested much of his working life.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Because "with the finish line in sight" (as he put it), they tarnished the legacy of a band in which he had invested much of his working life.
Yeah, well, when you need to explain something we already explained a thousand times, it becomes a pointless conversation.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 02-06-2019, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Yeah, well, when you need to explain something we already explained a thousand times, it becomes a pointless conversation.
Then why keep explaining if it is pointless?
Old 02-06-2019, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Then why keep explaining if it is pointless?
Yes, thank God we can all start moving forward instead of wasting time beating a dead horse that after more than a year has decayed to bones anyway.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Yes, thank God we can all start moving forward instead of wasting time beating a dead horse that after more than a year has decayed to bones anyway.
You know, not everybody is a $tevie drone. But thanks for making the rules that everybody else has to live by.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You know, not everybody is a $tevie drone. But thanks for making the rules that everybody else has to live by.
Nope, not making any rules, just expressing relief that it sounded like we might start talking about something new around here.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nope, not making any rules, just expressing relief that it sounded like we might start talking about something new around here.
You know, there's a Present Band forum for that...

Lindsey was part of the Rumours 5 and he was fired by the most important member of the band (whether you like it or not), so this is clearly the place to talk about it. Plenty of space to talk about $tevie just crossing the street.
Old 02-06-2019, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know, there's a Present Band forum for that...

Lindsey was part of the Rumours 5 and he was fired by the most important member of the band (whether you like it or not), so this is clearly the place to talk about it. Plenty of space to talk about $tevie just crossing the street.
Wait, so it is or it isn't a pointless conversation to keep talking about Lindsey being let go? Your comments are getting confusing. Also, there is plenty of Rumours era history for discussion that doesn't include yet another rant about that. Good grief people, give it a rest for a while, no amount of complaining will change one thing about the situation.
Old 02-06-2019, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wait, so it is or it isn't a pointless conversation to keep talking about Lindsey being let go? Your comments are getting confusing. Also, there is plenty of Rumours era history for discussion that doesn't include yet another rant about that. Good grief people, give it a rest for a while, no amount of complaining will change one thing about the situation.
What I said it was pointless was to keep trying to explain to people why Lindsey was unsatisfied with how things ended and how he feels the legacy of the band was tarnished. But of course when you're on the winning team (Stevie's) you can't possibly understand that. I was answering chBen post.
My comment was clear. Some posters here that answered my post made it unclear.

I'm sure there are plenty of threads in the Present Band forum to talk about FM's current happiness.
Old 02-06-2019, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What I said it was pointless was to keep trying to explain to people why Lindsey was unsatisfied with how things ended and how he feels the legacy of the band was tarnished. But of course when you're on the winning team (Stevie's) you can't possibly understand that. I was answering chBen post.
My comment was clear. Some posters here that answered my post made it unclear.

I'm sure there are plenty of threads in the Present Band forum to talk about FM's current happiness.
Well, just as you were responding to CBens post, I was responding to Mitzo's. Sometimes I do wonder if some of the folks around here who are so emotionally invested in this are just very young and haven't logged quite enough life experience yet to figure out what's a real priority. (Not saying you belong to that group, just a theory I considered about some of the reactions) Having dealt with a fair amount of tragedy in life, the line up changes of any band (particularly one with what, 19 different comings and goings now?) don't register as worth getting excited about to me. I've found things to like through all of it and I expect I will continue to do so. Have a good rest of your day BL.
Old 02-06-2019, 02:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I presented Stevie's side of the argument and you presumed I agree with her side. I do not.
Oh. I see. I suppose it was confusing to me when you wrote, "Let me rebut you," and then listed a series of grievances with how LB conducted himself over the past 30+ years in your own words. If you had mentioned in your post that you were channeling Stevie for her side of the argument, I would have known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
BUT, Buckingham McVie IS a Fleetwood Mac album. New music happened and it happened without Stevie. A tour behind the 2017 Fleetwood Mac album also happened.
So, why was Lindsey not satisfied with the 2014-2015 tour and the 2017 tour being the Fleetwood Mac crowning achievement and farewell?
I understand what you're saying. BuckVie is a Fleetwood Mac album in spirit. But you do know it was not actually a Fleetwood Mac album? Also, I have to believe Lindsey's lack of satisfaction has something to do with the band firing him. Just a guess.