The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-18-2018, 09:48 AM
jkmaletic's Avatar
jkmaletic jkmaletic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,926
Default If STEVIE was the one fired

I've been thinking about this and I was wondering what you all think would have been the reaction or reactions if Stevie were the one that was fired. I personally don't think that there would be nearly the backlash that there is for Lindsay being fired.

The biggest (stated) reason for the backlash from most fans seems to be that the classic lineup is gone therefore "the magic" that is Fleetwood Mac is gone. That's somewhat valid. Part of me also thinks that a lot of Lindsey Buckingham fans feel that he was wronged, even though no one seems to yet know a hundred per-cent what the exact reasons were. I can understand if you're a a fan of Lindsay being upset about it though, because you care about him and his career. I also think an unstated reason for the backlash could be the fact that when Lindsey's with Fleetwood Mac and they're up on that big stage, his career is validated when he's up there with the four of them. Therefore his fans feel validated as well. I could be wrong though.

Personally, if Stevie was fired from this band it wouldn't bother me at all. Sure I'd be upset if they fired her for no reason or for a horrible reason, but I'd get over it pretty quickly knowing that she'd be touring solo. And as far as the concept of seeing Fleetwood Mac without Stevie, I would have to see what the new line up would be and decide from there.

As said before, it will be interesting to see what the band members have to say once they start doing press for this new tour. They are probably being coached as we speak as to what the answer will be to the question, why was Lindsay fired? Stevie will probably be the one you'll have to watch out for, as she has sort of been a loose cannon the past few years with some of her interviews.
It'll be interesting that's for sure.

Jamie
__________________
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 04-18-2018, 10:01 AM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 5,069
Default

Honestly I think that if Stevie was the one being seemingly fired in this situation the first thing I'd think would be "Now we'll finally get Song From the Vaults Part II!" and secondly "Now we'll finally get the 24K Gold DVD!"
However I'm obviously not happy with Lindsey being gone, I truly was looking forward to the big tour from the Rumours line-up and hoping for a last output from all of them, maybe not an entire album but possibly an EP.
It'd had been quite a lot of time since we'd last heard news about them and the board was pretty silent, so when the news broke, after the initial disbelief, I was surprised about not being surprised at all by this turn of events; after all this has never been a predictable band, and in a twisted kind of way I was/am sort of entertained. Who knows what will come next?

Last edited by SisterNightroad : 04-18-2018 at 10:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-18-2018, 10:18 AM
Storms123 Storms123 is online now
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 242
Default

I would be just as upset. I am a Stevie fan, I am a Lindsey fan and I am a FM fan. The chemistry these 5 people have is undeniable. I donít mean the lovey-dovey aspects of SnL interactions, I mean the whole thing. I think because the belief is he was fired/tossed to the side in the manner it appears he was is what makes it a harder pill to swallow. Itís very sad that this episode could be the epitaph on this bands gravestone. None of the 5 of them should be proud of that at all.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-18-2018, 11:04 AM
wondergirl9847's Avatar
wondergirl9847 wondergirl9847 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: The Ledge
Posts: 9,269
Unhappy No firings

I think it's well-known, I am an LB fan first and foremost.That said, I would be upset if ANY of the five were fired. The fact that these people are older makes it that much worse because we have lost so many greats lately. I just feel that it is too late in the game for a massive shake-up like this.

I love this band, but have no qualms saying I don't much care for the BTM or Time lineups. I DO love pre-Rumours and most of the various members/lineups especially Danny. So, I am selective in my love.

All the rumours flying around, speculation, harsh words is horrible and it is tarnishing the legacy for me. I am sad, more than anything, but if this comes down to just Stevie not wanting Lindsey in the band anymore, I will be more angry. If this is all Mick or Azoff's greed...I will be livid.
__________________
**Christy**
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-18-2018, 11:36 AM
Storms123 Storms123 is online now
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 242
Default

All the rumours flying around, speculation, harsh words is horrible and it is tarnishing the legacy for me. I am sad, more than anything, but if this comes down to just Stevie not wanting Lindsey in the band anymore, I will be more angry. If this is all Mick or Azoff's greed...I will be livid. [/quote]


I could not agree with you more. Too many rumors, speculation and innuendo. The entire situation at this time in this bands history is what makes this the most upsetting part of this.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-19-2018, 07:07 AM
jcalzaretta jcalzaretta is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 433
Default

All the rumours flying around, speculation, harsh words is horrible and it is tarnishing the legacy for me. I am sad, more than anything, but if this comes down to just Stevie not wanting Lindsey in the band anymore, I will be more angry. If this is all Mick or Azoff's greed...I will be livid. [/quote]


I could not agree with you more. Too many rumors, speculation and innuendo. The entire situation at this time in this bands history is what makes this the most upsetting part of this.

_________________________

No way Christine agreed to fire LB just because Stevie did not want him in the band anymore. No way. There MUST be something more to it than this.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-19-2018, 12:05 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 18,471
Default

If Stevie was fired I'd be ready for a solo tour and a new release of some sort. I'm happy to support her in or out of Fleetwood Mac.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-22-2018, 09:31 PM
MikeInNV MikeInNV is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I've been thinking about this and I was wondering what you all think would have been the reaction or reactions if Stevie were the one that was fired. I personally don't think that there would be nearly the backlash that there is for Lindsay being fired.

The biggest (stated) reason for the backlash from most fans seems to be that the classic lineup is gone therefore "the magic" that is Fleetwood Mac is gone. That's somewhat valid. Part of me also thinks that a lot of Lindsey Buckingham fans feel that he was wronged, even though no one seems to yet know a hundred per-cent what the exact reasons were. I can understand if you're a a fan of Lindsay being upset about it though, because you care about him and his career. I also think an unstated reason for the backlash could be the fact that when Lindsey's with Fleetwood Mac and they're up on that big stage, his career is validated when he's up there with the four of them. Therefore his fans feel validated as well. I could be wrong though.

Personally, if Stevie was fired from this band it wouldn't bother me at all. Sure I'd be upset if they fired her for no reason or for a horrible reason, but I'd get over it pretty quickly knowing that she'd be touring solo. And as far as the concept of seeing Fleetwood Mac without Stevie, I would have to see what the new line up would be and decide from there.

As said before, it will be interesting to see what the band members have to say once they start doing press for this new tour. They are probably being coached as we speak as to what the answer will be to the question, why was Lindsay fired? Stevie will probably be the one you'll have to watch out for, as she has sort of been a loose cannon the past few years with some of her interviews.
It'll be interesting that's for sure.

Jamie
While it would bother me, I (like you) would realize that I have her solo endeavors to look forward to, and if I still wanted to see the rest of Fleetwood Mac I could always do that too.

That being said, I'm sure a giant sh*t storm would break out here, just as it has over LB's firing. The funny (or maybe sad) thing is, all the same behaviors we are seeing on the Ledge these last few weeks would still be playing out now, just in reverse. If Stevie was fired, her diehards would raise the roof over the injustice, while the LB and CM diehards would dredge up all sorts of her past indiscretions to justify it and/or downplay the role of their favorite member in the outcome.

There are some people who are fans of FM as a whole. Among the fans who have a favorite, some can simply enjoy certain members more than others and still remain rational (and civil), while others are completely over the top in their devotion. It's that last group who are the loudest, even if they are not the largest.

It's ironic that the Chiffonheads and the Buckheads will never get along since, as so many incidents have shown, they behave exactly the same way (although both sides would shoot me for saying so).
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-23-2018, 12:43 PM
missundercover's Avatar
missundercover missundercover is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 79
Default

I think if Stevie was the one who was fired I'd skip the upcoming tour. Don't get me wrong: I don't want to see the Mac without Lindsey either, but I'm weak, so I probably will anyway. Sigh.
I'd miss her voice too much - and I love watching her perform. Not that she engages the crowd very much (Lindsey's job) but she has a special kind of presence and that (to me) is a singular quality I cherish very much.

I don't know if I can enjoy these things as much as before though IF we DO find out that she is somehow responsible & we don't get an explanation. I'd really hate that.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-23-2018, 03:05 PM
AncientQueen AncientQueen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 385
Default

I would hate it, but it would not shock me as much. Stevie has not been fully committed to FM for decades now. She is the main draw and whatever she does, I can't deny her enormous charisma onstage. But I would go and see the Buckingham/McVie version of FM rather than seing FM without Lindsey. Especially because I believe that Mick stabbed Lindsey in the back for profit, I won't pay one Euro for this money machine.
I have less problems with Stevies hypothetical role in Lindseys firing, everyone knows about her problems with Lindsey, she has always been open about that - that's not backstabbing.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-25-2018, 05:58 PM
studyinscarlet's Avatar
studyinscarlet studyinscarlet is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: From what I can tell, I need to be here...
Posts: 177
Default

Stevie would be off doing something else. I wouldn't care one bit.
__________________
"Yes, it was a strain on her, watching the castles fall down..."
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-25-2018, 06:32 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I would be just as upset. I am a Stevie fan, I am a Lindsey fan and I am a FM fan. The chemistry these 5 people have is undeniable. I donít mean the lovey-dovey aspects of SnL interactions, I mean the whole thing. I think because the belief is he was fired/tossed to the side in the manner it appears he was is what makes it a harder pill to swallow. Itís very sad that this episode could be the epitaph on this bands gravestone. None of the 5 of them should be proud of that at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I would hate it, but it would not shock me as much. Stevie has not been fully committed to FM for decades now. She is the main draw and whatever she does, I can't deny her enormous charisma onstage. But I would go and see the Buckingham/McVie version of FM rather than seing FM without Lindsey. Especially because I believe that Mick stabbed Lindsey in the back for profit, I won't pay one Euro for this money machine.
I have less problems with Stevies hypothetical role in Lindseys firing, everyone knows about her problems with Lindsey, she has always been open about that - that's not backstabbing.

and
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-25-2018, 06:41 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,113
Default

The Rumours 5 are guaranteed to make money, so to fire one of them, especially one of the 3 singer/songwriters, well, clearly something major had to have happened to put that financial guarantee at risk.

If Stevie had been the one fired, I would have been just as shocked as I was when I heard Lindsey was, but I would have accepted it. Stevie is rich and has a successful solo career, so I know she would continue touring and possibly continue recording. I also know FM would continue, with the remaining 4 recording and touring. Their lives would continue, and so would the fans. I would also continue to buy albums by FM and or Stevie.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-25-2018, 07:38 PM
Nick Nick is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 196
Default

Cute, but would never happen.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-25-2018, 09:14 PM
SpyNote's Avatar
SpyNote SpyNote is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I've been thinking about this and I was wondering what you all think would have been the reaction or reactions if Stevie were the one that was fired. I personally don't think that there would be nearly the backlash that there is for Lindsay being fired.

The biggest (stated) reason for the backlash from most fans seems to be that the classic lineup is gone therefore "the magic" that is Fleetwood Mac is gone. That's somewhat valid. Part of me also thinks that a lot of Lindsey Buckingham fans feel that he was wronged, even though no one seems to yet know a hundred per-cent what the exact reasons were. I can understand if you're a a fan of Lindsay being upset about it though, because you care about him and his career. I also think an unstated reason for the backlash could be the fact that when Lindsey's with Fleetwood Mac and they're up on that big stage, his career is validated when he's up there with the four of them. Therefore his fans feel validated as well. I could be wrong though.

Personally, if Stevie was fired from this band it wouldn't bother me at all. Sure I'd be upset if they fired her for no reason or for a horrible reason, but I'd get over it pretty quickly knowing that she'd be touring solo. And as far as the concept of seeing Fleetwood Mac without Stevie, I would have to see what the new line up would be and decide from there.

As said before, it will be interesting to see what the band members have to say once they start doing press for this new tour. They are probably being coached as we speak as to what the answer will be to the question, why was Lindsay fired? Stevie will probably be the one you'll have to watch out for, as she has sort of been a loose cannon the past few years with some of her interviews.
It'll be interesting that's for sure.

Jamie
If they tour Europe or Australia, she'll definitely be more candid with the press. They always seem to get the dirt.

I agree with your assessment. And I wouldn't be upset if Stevie were the one to be fired because she's well established and known in the music world; has legions of fans; and has a good shot at being inducted into the RRHoF as a solo artist at some point. She's received all the glory.

Whereas Lindsey's situation is generally the opposite. His legacy has been that he's underrated and underappreciated, despite being the "principle architect of Fleetwood Mac" (anyone remember that reference?). His firing supports this view in the Lindsey camp. I can understand both sides.

For me, I've distanced myself from the Fleetwood Mac world over the years. I used express outage when similar spats arose in the past. After going back to school, starting a career, and rekindling the relationships that were actually important to me, I realized I was too close to this band, people I did not even know! What's worse, I was advocating for MILLIONAIRES I did not know.

I'm still a true blue fan of every member of the band, and my focus is only on the music. But now I don't lose sleep over their politics and personal business.
__________________
Daniel
Fleetwood Mac INFO
Stevie Nicks INFO

Last edited by SpyNote : 04-25-2018 at 09:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 45 - CHRISTINE McVIE
$227.04
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 45 - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureFLEETWOOD MAC personally signed Greatest hits LP cover - CHRISTINE McVIE
$102.15
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed Greatest hits LP cover - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureChristine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old
$99.99
Christine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old pictureFLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 14x11 - CHRISTINE McVIE
$79.45
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 14x11 - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureChristine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers
$49.0
Christine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved