User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-03-2018, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
And no, his wife doesn't count. Mick's wife isn't giving quotes on the internet, but even if she was, I'd pay as much attention to them as I do quotes from Lindsey's wife.
Good thing Mick is divorced…

Quote:
Lindsey could easily clear all this up... but we get crickets, instead. Instead of calling FM out for "lying" about the real reason Lindsey was fired, why not call Lindsey out on his silence?
Because he’s still legally a member? It benefits noone to say he was fired.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-03-2018, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Or, and this is just an idea, but maybe Lindsey could settle all this speculation by telling why he was fired. Perhaps he would be willing to talk to TMZ.

And no, his wife doesn't count. Mick's wife isn't giving quotes on the internet, but even if she was, I'd pay as much attention to them as I do quotes from Lindsey's wife. That is, I could not care less what Lindsey's wife has to say about his firing, but I would very much pay attention to what Lindsey had to say.

Lindsey could easily clear all this up... but we get crickets, instead. Instead of calling FM out for "lying" about the real reason Lindsey was fired, why not call Lindsey out on his silence?

I can hear the answer already- "Lindsey's taking the high road." BS. Telling the truth about why he was fired is not badmouthing FM. I really find it interesting that he hasn't shared his story, but no one else besides me thinks it's odd he's stayed silent.
There's no reason you should think Lindsey not talking is odd. He never talks about anything to the press like that. I've said this before a billion times and I'll say it again, Lindsey has hardly ever talked to the press to make a statement about anything at all. This isn't any different. Whenever he starts doing press for his own project, whatever that is, that's probably when we'll get to hear from his own mouth about what happened. Until then, the odds of him putting out a statement are very low, as that's just not something he's ever done. It's not about the high road or anything, it's just that that's not his style when it comes to press. We never heard his story of what really made him jump ship after Tango until YEARS later.

And I also don't understand why you wouldn't take his wife's comments seriously. She's his WIFE. She's not even offering a "perspective" in this particular case, she's literally saying that what the band said is not true. That's not a story or an argument she's making, it's a claim about facts. When someone as close to Lindsey as his own wife of 20 years says that he did not ask for the delay that the band claims he asked for, that's a pretty big deal. And prior to this, she's never engaged in conversations like that ever. So the fact that she's doing this now is a sign of how affected she is by what's gone on and she has all the right to want to correct some facts, if the biggest platform she does that on is instagram then so be it.

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 07-03-2018 at 06:50 PM..
Old 07-03-2018, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only issue issue I have with KB’s post is that it addressed one issue only, and one we already knew wasn’t true. However, it doesn’t address what actually happened.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-03-2018, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
And no, his wife doesn't count. Mick's wife isn't giving quotes on the internet, but even if she was, I'd pay as much attention to them as I do quotes from Lindsey's wife. That is, I could not care less what Lindsey's wife has to say about his firing, but I would very much pay attention to what Lindsey had to say.
You may not personally care, but you can't pretend it's meaningless when his own wife posts something like this, even if it's not the man himself.

Either the band is lying or Kristen Buckingham is.

Old 07-03-2018, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The only issue issue I have with KB’s post is that it addressed one issue only, and one we already knew wasn’t true. However, it doesn’t address what actually happened.
IA abut she was only responding to someone's comment, where they were talking about Lindsey asking to delay the tour. Either way, that's a pretty big thing to finally have confirmed from someone close to Lindsey. We'll probably hear more about what happened as time goes on, maybe when Lindsey starts doing press for his tour/album/whatever he does or from other places.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Good thing Mick is divorced…

Because he’s still legally a member? It benefits noone to say he was fired.
I guess that shows how much of a fan I am!

I don't think it's a secret Lindsey was fired. If he wanted to keep it hush hush, maybe he should tell his wife, so she won't post how unfair it was FM fired him.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
You may not personally care, but you can't pretend it's meaningless when his own wife posts something like this, even if it's not the man himself.

Either the band is lying or Kristen Buckingham is.
Or she wasn't there and is going by what Lindsey said. Kind of like what any other spouse would do. I didn't know Mick was divorced (again), but if he was still married and his wife tweeted something that supported her husband's POV, I wouldn't take her comments as inside knowledge. I mean, does anyone really expect KB to tweet "yeah, Lindsey wanted to tour the same time as the band, and so they fired him?" Or "Lindsey wanted to postpone the FM tour a year so the band fired him?" Of course not.

Now, if Lindsey shared his story, that would be the best thing to do. Even if he tweeted him himself, if he doesn't want to do press.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
There's no reason you should think Lindsey not talking is odd. He never talks about anything to the press like that. I've said this before a billion times and I'll say it again, Lindsey has hardly ever talked to the press to make a statement about anything at all. This isn't any different. Whenever he starts doing press for his own project, whatever that is, that's probably when we'll get to hear from his own mouth about what happened. Until then, the odds of him putting out a statement are very low, as that's just not something he's ever done. It's not about the high road or anything, it's just that that's not his style when it comes to press. We never heard his story of what really made him jump ship after Tango until YEARS later.

And I also don't understand why you wouldn't take his wife's comments seriously. She's his WIFE. She's not even offering a "perspective" in this particular case, she's literally saying that what the band said is not true. That's not a story or an argument she's making, it's a claim about facts. When someone as close to Lindsey as his own wife of 20 years says that he did not ask for the delay that the band claims he asked for, that's a pretty big deal. And prior to this, she's never engaged in conversations like that ever. So the fact that she's doing this now is a sign of how affected she is by what's gone on and she has all the right to want to correct some facts, if the biggest platform she does that on is instagram then so be it.
Lindsey doesn't have to do a bunch of press. He could tweet his story. His wife clearly uses social media, so she could help him share his story on social media, unfiltered.

Why don't I take his wife's comments seriously? For the same reason you gave- "She's his WIFE!" I absolutely understand she would take Lindsey's side. Just like if Stevie's brother tweeted support for FM firing Lindsey, everyone would say "He's her BROTHER!" Of course he's going to support Stevie.

I am not trying to change anyone's mind here, believe me. I just think Lindsey should let the fans know what's going on. The fact that he isn't is very telling to me. FM says on TV Lindsey was fired because he wanted to delay the tour, and he doesn't respond, but his wife comments on social media that it's not true or unfair. Alright then, how about clearing it up, Lindsey?
Old 07-03-2018, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey doesn't have to do a bunch of press. He could tweet his story. His wife clearly uses social media, so she could help him share his story on social media, unfiltered.

Why don't I take his wife's comments seriously? For the same reason you gave- "She's his WIFE!" I absolutely understand she would take Lindsey's side. Just like if Stevie's brother tweeted support for FM firing Lindsey, everyone would say "He's her BROTHER!" Of course he's going to support Stevie.

I am not trying to change anyone's mind here, believe me. I just think Lindsey should let the fans know what's going on. The fact that he isn't is very telling to me. FM says on TV Lindsey was fired because he wanted to delay the tour, and he doesn't respond, but his wife comments on social media that it's not true or unfair. Alright then, how about clearing it up, Lindsey?
Lindsey doesn't have social media. His wife even said in her "main" instagram post about the whole thing that she thinks he should tell his story in his words when he's ready. Which he probably will eventually, but that won't happen until he actually is in a position to start talking about something. His wife is allowed to say what she wants to say but she can't make him tell his story if he doesn't want to yet.

And I couldn't disagree more. What she's saying isn't a matter of sides. It's very literally a "that's not true" claim. And considering the fact that this situation probably didn't happen immediately, it was probably drawn out for a bit and developed over some time, it's not really a matter of Lindsey coming home one day saying he got fired out of the blue and "she just knows what Lindsey told her". She's someone who would know what happened, who would be privy to how the situation developed. I honestly think it's a bit silly that people would be doubtful over what she says considering that she's as close to Lindsey as a person can get. Not to mention the fact that what she's confirmed only further agrees with the other little pieces of information we've gotten of tidbits from Rick Turner, Federico Poll, that video of Lindsey himself and all the other people who've claimed that the story the band told isn't accurate.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess that shows how much of a fan I am!

I don't think it's a secret Lindsey was fired. If he wanted to keep it hush hush, maybe he should tell his wife, so she won't post how unfair it was FM fired him.
Yet, nobody ever says “fired.”

Mick said “fired” was “too strong a word” and Lindsey called it “an involuntary hiatus” from the band. Even the initial press release only said Lindsey wouldn’t be performing on the upcoming tour.

There’s a reason for that. Whether or not Lindsey ever performs with them again is another issue. But, legally, I think he’s still a member of the band and will get a little money from the upcoming tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-03-2018, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Or, and this is just an idea, but maybe Lindsey could settle all this speculation by telling why he was fired. Perhaps he would be willing to talk to TMZ.

I can hear the answer already- "Lindsey's taking the high road." BS. Telling the truth about why he was fired is not badmouthing FM. I really find it interesting that he hasn't shared his story, but no one else besides me thinks it's odd he's stayed silent.
I prefer Lindsey's silence than Mick and Stevie's lies...

According to Mick he wasn't fired and according to Stevie she's not the boss, so why should he talk about something that didn't happen?

No one else besides you think this is odd because the rest of us know there's something called "negotiations".
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I prefer Lindsey's silence than Mick and Stevie's lies...
Stevie told a couple of whoppers, but when specifically did Mick or anyone else?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-03-2018, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie told a couple of whoppers, but when specifically did Mick or anyone else?
Hmmm, when he said Lindsey wasn’t fired? When he said to that TMZ reporter that Stevie had nothing to do with Lindsey’s “departure”?

A couple of whoppers... ok...
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 07-03-2018, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't understand why more people aren't expressing disappointment by Lindsey's silence. In my view, he could easily clear this whole thing up by sharing what happened. The band gives very public interviews on TV, radio, and print, but Lindsey says nothing. However, his wife makes comments on social media, essentially calling the band liars, but doesn't explain what really happened. I would think any FM fan, but perhaps especially Lindsey's fans, would like for Lindsey to share his story. I don't think that's unreasonable

I'm surprised more people don't seem to want to hear directly from Lindsey, even if it's just on social media via his wife.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't understand why more people aren't expressing disappointment by Lindsey's silence. In my view, he could easily clear this whole thing up by sharing what happened. The band gives very public interviews on TV, radio, and print, but Lindsey says nothing. However, his wife makes comments on social media, essentially calling the band liars, but doesn't explain what really happened. I would think any FM fan, but perhaps especially Lindsey's fans, would like for Lindsey to share his story. I don't think that's unreasonable

I'm surprised more people don't seem to want to hear directly from Lindsey, even if it's just on social media via his wife.
The band is promoting their next tour, like any other band, they didn't sit with a reporter to talk especifically about Lindsey's firing. And when they did they lied and they shared fake tears. It was tasteless. So, yeah, Lindsey's current silence seems better.

I didn't need KB's comments to know the band was lying.