The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Which 2011 Mac solo album are you most anticipating?
Lindsey Buckingham's 21 28.77%
Stevie Nicks' 42 57.53%
Jeremy Spencer's 7 9.59%
All of the above equally 3 4.11%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm interested in Stevie's new album. I'm not interested in Lindsey or Jeremy's new albums.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's by a f*cking mile. I'm only mildy interested in Lindsey and Jeremy. Peter Green is my FM guitarist...
Old 02-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey of course.

Over the years, I have grown very tired of Stevie Nicks. I don't know why exactly, though I respect her for her work in Fleetwood Mac, she was never really the deal for me. Her solo music doesn't really do much for me. I love a few songs here and there, but having heard her newest single I may pass on that album for a bit.

I'm always about Lindsey's new music. His albums can be frustrating at first, but after you listen to them for a while there are so many sublime things I miss and then I fall in love. I adore him in any form- FM, solo, with Stevie. He's just amazing.

Let's see...Jeremy Spencer. I don't really have any passionate desire to get the album, but I'll certainly have a listen and if it appeals to me I may attain it in time. There are just SO many of my favorite artists releasing music in 2011 that I can not decide who, what, when...I'm like a kid in a candy store.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I voted for Stevie's new album with Lindsey coming in a close second. Stevie is so excited about In Your Dreams, therefore, I am excited. I enjoyed Under The Skin, so a new Lindsey CD that has a similar theme will be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish the title of this thread were: Christine vs. Stevie vs. Lindsey

But definitely Stevie's. I basically care next to nothing about Lindsey lately, Out of the Cradle is almost better than anything out there but the rest of his albums are....*scratches head* I appreciate and love Bob and Rick way more these days.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Lindsey of course.

Over the years, I have grown very tired of Stevie Nicks. I don't know why exactly, though I respect her for her work in Fleetwood Mac, she was never really the deal for me. Her solo music doesn't really do much for me. I love a few songs here and there, but having heard her newest single I may pass on that album for a bit.

I'm always about Lindsey's new music. His albums can be frustrating at first, but after you listen to them for a while there are so many sublime things I miss and then I fall in love. I adore him in any form- FM, solo, with Stevie. He's just amazing.

Let's see...Jeremy Spencer. I don't really have any passionate desire to get the album, but I'll certainly have a listen and if it appeals to me I may attain it in time. There are just SO many of my favorite artists releasing music in 2011 that I can not decide who, what, when...I'm like a kid in a candy store.
We think 100% the same regarding Lindsey and Stevie!

Lindsey's solo albums I loved from the first couple of listens except for Under The Skin which has taken a long time but is slowly but surely getting under my skin

Of course he's amazing - I just idolise him, he's up on a pedestal for me even with all his little quirks.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
We think 100% the same regarding Lindsey and Stevie!

Lindsey's solo albums I loved from the first couple of listens except for Under The Skin which has taken a long time but is slowly but surely getting under my skin

Of course he's amazing - I just idolise him, he's up on a pedestal for me even with all his little quirks.
I love that we share a wavelength on this matter.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 03-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love that we share a wavelength on this matter.
I love Stevie as part of Fleetwood Mac and I hope to goodness we get another studio album with the four of them, even if it's a final one.

But I cannot for the life of me understand why she appears to be so much more popular than Lindsey as a solo artist. I'd have thought it would be much more of a 50/50 split between fans of Stevie and fans of Lindsey but it never has been.

Anyway, can't wait for Lindsey's album - I might consider getting Stevie's for the sole reason that Lindsey guests on it, otherwise it'd be a no no for me.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
I love Stevie as part of Fleetwood Mac and I hope to goodness we get another studio album with the four of them, even if it's a final one.

But I cannot for the life of me understand why she appears to be so much more popular than Lindsey as a solo artist. I'd have thought it would be much more of a 50/50 split between fans of Stevie and fans of Lindsey but it never has been.

Anyway, can't wait for Lindsey's album - I might consider getting Stevie's for the sole reason that Lindsey guests on it, otherwise it'd be a no no for me.
Maybe it's her whole package. You know the vibe she gives off. Let's face it her SOLO music by itself on the whole.....not that great. Anyway, I will buy IYD...perhaps against my better judgment. Cause my guts not telling me anything good.

Mick

-Tom Waits

Last edited by bluefox4000; 03-01-2011 at 08:38 PM..
Old 03-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox4000 View Post
Maybe it's her whole package. You know the vibe she gives off. Let's face it her SOLO music by itself on the whole.....not that great. Anyway, I will buy IYD...perhaps against my better judgment. Cause my guts not telling me anything good.

Mick

Mick
No accounting for taste - Let's face it a lot of people think Lindsey solo music is meh not that great too. To me his solo stuff is more inconsistant and dated than Stevies, although I still like some of it. So to each there own.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's, without question. I feel nothing for Lindsey's solo work - either too precious or over-processed - and I'm curious to hear what the Dave Stewart/Glenn Ballard combo brings to the table. Lindsey butchered her last collection of songs ("Say You Will"), so it's been a long eight-year wait for a entire batch of Stevie songs.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustOrphan View Post
Stevie's, without question. I feel nothing for Lindsey's solo work - either too precious or over-processed - and I'm curious to hear what the Dave Stewart/Glenn Ballard combo brings to the table. Lindsey butchered her last collection of songs ("Say You Will"), so it's been a long eight-year wait for a entire batch of Stevie songs.
I'm so sick of this "Lindsey ruined Stevie SYW songs." Was she not present during the time? If she truly felt the results were below standards why didn't she speak up and tell him so? I don't get how this lady who tells Lindsey frankly she will not record an album with the band unless her particular producer is in command can not speak up and tell him just as well that what he did smelled like **** and he needs to step it up.

Obviously, she didn't have a problem if the results went so far as the completed and released album. Complaining afterward is always easier. I heard the originals...I like what Lindsey did for the most part. I guess the original Smile At You was more powerful, but the one on SYW isn't awful. Truthfully, her songs haven't aged well on there for me. I go back to that album for Lindsey and Thrown Down.

I like Stevie. I used to like her a lot more, but...she just doesn't cut it for me anymore. I hear all the accolades and praises and I get that, but she just isn't all that she's made up to be- for me. I love everything she did on Tusk. It was gorgeous, poetic, flawless. For that alone I surely hold her up to her status, but her solo career? Not even.

I won't poo-poo on her upcoming release. I think it's great news and I want all the best for her. I'm sure it will be a nice album. But I just don't have that eagerness for it. I intend to get it, though, because I have all her others and I like to go back and listen to songs that still do it for me. I hope I will come to like her again as I once did, because there are aspects of her lyrics that remind me SO of myself in some ways. It has to happen naturally I guess.

Last edited by Nico; 03-01-2011 at 10:40 PM..
Old 03-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm so sick of this "Lindsey ruined Stevie SYW songs." Was she not present during the time? If she truly felt the results were below standards why didn't she speak up and tell him so? I don't get how this lady who tells Lindsey frankly she will not record an album with the band unless her particular producer is in command can not speak up and tell him just as well that what he did smelled like **** and he needs to step it up.

Obviously, she didn't have a problem if the results went so far as the completed and released album. Complaining afterward is always easier. I heard the originals...I like what Lindsey did for the most part. I guess the original Smile At You was more powerful, but the one on SYW isn't awful. Truthfully, her songs haven't aged well on there for me. I go back to that album for Lindsey and Thrown Down.

I like Stevie. I used to like her a lot more, but...she just doesn't cut it for me. I hear all the accolades and praises and I get that, but she just isn't all that she's made to be- for me. I love everything she did on Tusk. It was gorgeous, poetic, flawless. For that alone I surely hold her up to her status, but her solo career? Not even.
I don't see what difference it makes if Stevie approved or liked the production. That isn't the point - the point is that some people believe the execution songs went on SYW ruined them (especially in comparison to some demos). So in that respect Lindsey, who produced them, would have been the major cause of that..

I realize Stevie's said in the past that she wasn't happy with it, so I see what you're saying, but I think that's completely seperate from a fan personally thinking that they were messed up in production and wanting to hear new music that hopefully isn't produced in the same vein.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm so sick of this "Lindsey ruined Stevie SYW songs." Was she not present during the time? If she truly felt the results were below standards why didn't she speak up and tell him so?
thank you! my thoughts exactly every time i see the blame placed on a producer for stevie's songs not turning out right. doesn't she know what she wants, and doesn't she have a say? (she doesn't seem to have a problem expressing her opinions, judging by "you wouldn't say that to bob dylan" line...)

although having just heard the angry version of "smile at you", i have to say - that song was rocking (not just a voice, but guitar also), and is definitely not rocking on SYW.

in my ignorant world, songwriters and performers get a credit for songs, good or bad, not producers. people usually don't even know who is the producer.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I don't see what difference it makes if Stevie approved or liked the production. That isn't the point - the point is that some people believe the execution songs went on SYW ruined them (especially in comparison to some demos). So in that respect Lindsey, who produced them, would have been the major cause of that..

I realize Stevie's said in the past that she wasn't happy with it, so I see what you're saying, but I think that's completely seperate from a fan personally thinking that they were messed up in production and wanting to hear new music that hopefully isn't produced in the same vein.
I understand what you're saying. It makes absolute sense that Lindsey would be blamed for the overall production, but my point was...maybe these songs- which were above referred to as "butchered"- are what Stevie may have wanted them to sound like. They were her songs, ultimately, and given that alone she had some executive decision in the finishing product. That is all I meant. I was not attacking GoldDustOrphan or any other Stevie fans opinions. I just read this underlying "Lindsey's fault" and I'm wondering why does he get sole credit for how lousy the songs turned out- I mean, if some of you really think they are. I think they were just a tad more bland, and...I'm not sure if that was all Lindsey's fault.