The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And another thing I want to add about Kristen B. swearing at Mick online, just imagine how pissed off she is on losing out on all that money. Talk about counting your chickens before they're hatched. Imagine all the plans the Buckingham's had made to use their up and coming ten million dollars. And now all those gigantic dreams are just swept away down the river of no return.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ You mean like watching the Christmas bonus flying out the window?

I don't really think money means that much to Lindsey. He and his family are quite comfortable. He has always said the "big machine" makes it possible for him to do the small machine- the stuff he likes to bring out to the boutique fans. But I definitely believe Lindsey will still be creative and may even join up with another band. (the rest of the Heartbreakers are available, along with so many other talented musicians- people that aren't even in the public eye)

This old article from Rolling Stone shows his attitude toward money:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ely-guy-77858/

What I remember most about Lindsey in most recent times is when that whole "fan club" debacle rolled out on mickdotcom or whatever it was called. Lindsey and his management were the only ones to speak out against it.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
To me, these choices were insult to injury.
My friend Steve sees Fleetwood Mac as a crockpot—any good ingredient should get chucked in, where it'll simmer for several hours and break down and be just delicious. Throw in a little Dave Walker, Rick Vito, Bekka Bramlett, Dave Mason, Neil Finn (maybe throw in Tim Finn while you're at it), Sheryl Crow, Mike Campbell—if they're good musicians, you'll have a tangy gazpacho.

I see Fleetwood Mac as a mathematically precise recipe (the way baking recipes are precise)—you can't just toss in anything and expect it to gel. I love hollandaise sauce, but I don't want it ladled over my gelato.

The best members in Fleetwood Mac over the years weren't just good musicians—they were the inevitably right musicians for that group. That rightness isn't easy to articulate, but most of us know it when we see it and hear it. Peter, Jeremy, Danny, Mick, and John had an inevitable rightness. They were charismatic, musically inventive, wacky, electrifying—the cultural chinks in the wall. The Rumours 5 at least for a time had its own charisma. Even the Welch+McVie+McVie+Weston+Fleetwood group created a memorable whole out of disparate parts. The recipe in each case worked.

I realize that we haven't really seen or heard from this latest group of parts, but we're all familiar enough with the two new guys and the departed guy to know that we're not going to be experiencing another classic lineup. By the way, those guys were memorable elements of their respective bands—Mike Campbell's guitar playing shot the Heartbreakers to worldwide popularity. But he isn't the right ingredient for Fleetwood Mac.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-10-2018, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
And another thing I want to add about Kristen B. swearing at Mick online, just imagine how pissed off she is on losing out on all that money. Talk about counting your chickens before they're hatched. Imagine all the plans the Buckingham's had made to use their up and coming ten million dollars. And now all those gigantic dreams are just swept away down the river of no return.
Oh absolutely. He no doubt makes millions off royalties but it seems like those millions get spent easily. I believe her store closed and she opened a horse farm/school thing recently.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What's even worse is all the sacrifices Lindsey has made over the years by not taking more production credits on albums and co write credits on songs. The royalty money he's already sacrificed for the sake of being politically correct and keeping the peace in the band is outrageous. And then to get kicked in the face and out of the band is beyond comprehension. I think Mick deserves to be called a Mother ****er, on social media or not. Hell, I'd even throw an Old Goat Breath Stevie's way if it was up to me.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
How do you think it feels to be branded a Stevie lover when we were cringing at her back in the ‘90s?
I really cringed at her during the 90's and the Rock a little era. The voice wails were so embarrassing. Listen to I can't wait...ugh. Then she found herself again around The Dance. Now she's back to being cringeworthy.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I always found her more supportive of her husband's career with FM than his solo adventure. Now that his time with FM is over, well, I guess it's time to pay some attention to his solo thing. Pretty much the same happens now with some of his "fans".
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
My friend Steve sees Fleetwood Mac as a crockpot—any good ingredient should get chucked in, where it'll simmer for several hours and break down and be just delicious. Throw in a little Dave Walker, Rick Vito, Bekka Bramlett, Dave Mason, Neil Finn (maybe throw in Tim Finn while you're at it), Sheryl Crow, Mike Campbell—if they're good musicians, you'll have a tangy gazpacho.

I see Fleetwood Mac as a mathematically precise recipe (the way baking recipes are precise)—you can't just toss in anything and expect it to gel. I love hollandaise sauce, but I don't want it ladled over my gelato.

The best members in Fleetwood Mac over the years weren't just good musicians—they were the inevitably right musicians for that group. That rightness isn't easy to articulate, but most of us know it when we see it and hear it. Peter, Jeremy, Danny, Mick, and John had an inevitable rightness. They were charismatic, musically inventive, wacky, electrifying—the cultural chinks in the wall. The Rumours 5 at least for a time had its own charisma. Even the Welch+McVie+McVie+Weston+Fleetwood group created a memorable whole out of disparate parts. The recipe in each case worked.

I realize that we haven't really seen or heard from this latest group of parts, but we're all familiar enough with the two new guys and the departed guy to know that we're not going to be experiencing another classic lineup. By the way, those guys were memorable elements of their respective bands—Mike Campbell's guitar playing shot the Heartbreakers to worldwide popularity. But he isn't the right ingredient for Fleetwood Mac.
Well said. Fleetwood Mac: the band who actually thrust greatness away!

Last edited by sodascouts; 08-11-2018 at 09:24 AM..
Old 08-11-2018, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I really cringed at her during the 90's and the Rock a little era. The voice wails were so embarrassing. Listen to I can't wait...ugh. Then she found herself again around The Dance. Now she's back to being cringeworthy.
A bit off topic but nearly everything she did solo-wise after from Rock A Little on was horrendous. Regardless of how I feel about her personally. Belladonna and The Wild Heart are two truly fantastic albums. People talk about Tango In The Night sounding dated but have they actually listened to Rock A Little and The Other Side Of The Mirror?

You know, it really is too bad Lindsey went out and found someone he loves and helped create a beautiful family with her. How spiteful and selfish of him to do that to Stevie. Now she's so blinded by her rage and jealousy at the man that's been her muse for the majority of her life. He has everything that she wishes she did but doesn't. Shame on Lindsey!
Old 08-12-2018, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
A bit off topic but nearly everything she did solo-wise after from Rock A Little on was horrendous. Regardless of how I feel about her personally. Belladonna and The Wild Heart are two truly fantastic albums. People talk about Tango In The Night sounding dated but have they actually listened to Rock A Little and The Other Side Of The Mirror?

You know, it really is too bad Lindsey went out and found someone he loves and helped create a beautiful family with her. How spiteful and selfish of him to do that to Stevie. Now she's so blinded by her rage and jealousy at the man that's been her muse for the majority of her life. He has everything that she wishes she did but doesn't. Shame on Lindsey!
Agreed! Her first two albums were really great. BD especially! I played it several times last week.

How DARE he go and get a life!!! The thing she never did. I guess you can only life in fairy land for so long, then you wind up old and bitter, because you never ventured out of your safe space.

Even though $tevie got the last laugh in FM, Lindsey got the last laugh in LIFE. Which matters more?

Bitter old hag.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post

TITN doesn't sound dated at all to me. I'm listening to it now. It sounds fantastic, especially dialed up real loud. TISL is a classic Stevie solo record. There was life after BD, at least for me, concerning Stevie solo. Yes, and I think Lindsey won, because he found it. If you find "it", you have won the game.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
TITN doesn't sound dated at all to me. I'm listening to it now. It sounds fantastic, especially dialed up real loud. TISL is a classic Stevie solo record. There was life after BD, at least for me, concerning Stevie solo. Yes, and I think Lindsey won, because he found it. If you find "it", you have won the game.
Oh god, it is dated. It's overproduced. It doesn't sound like a band playing, but rather a studio creation. I mean, I guess you could say the same thing about someone like...Pink Floyd or some other band. I've always thought that if it was impossible for a band to replicate live, then they probably overdid it during the recording process.

Tango is only marginally better(to me) than BTM or even Time. I actually find Time to be a little more interesting that Tango, when I'm in the mood for it.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Oh god, it is dated. It's overproduced. It doesn't sound like a band playing, but rather a studio creation. I mean, I guess you could say the same thing about someone like...Pink Floyd or some other band. I've always thought that if it was impossible for a band to replicate live, then they probably overdid it during the recording process.

Tango is only marginally better(to me) than BTM or even Time. I actually find Time to be a little more interesting that Tango, when I'm in the mood for it.
STFU David and go work on your ¢ sign.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
STFU David and go work on your ¢ sign.
#rude

I'm awaiting cent tips in the A.M.

I've got to get to bed, as I'm driving two states away for a Dwight Yoakam(DON'T judge) show tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
#rude

I'm awaiting cent tips in the A.M.

I've got to get to bed, as I'm driving two states away for a Dwight Yoakam(DON'T judge) show tomorrow.
Hilarious! I' m listening to "Family Man" from that so dated TITN cd. We're such losers!