User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-11-2004, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
I think he moved on to Diana Ross after that. Ponder that one for a minute.
That is pretty vile. I always thought she looked like a stick figure tossed into a vat of pubic hair.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They may not be the prettiest things in the world, but they sound cool. I don't have any Kiss albums, but I do like what I hear on the radio.

"Being in this band really f**** up relationships with chicks."
-Lindsey Buckingham

"Lindsey and I were as close to married as I'll probably ever be. I took care of him, I cooked for him, I ironed his jeans, I adored him."
-Stevie Nicks

"Quite frankly, I think I can presume on Stevie's behalf that she wasn't too sad seeing Lindsey go."
-Mick Fleetwood

"I play bass."
-John McVie.

I love this band.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like KISS. Their lyrics may be cheesy sometimes, but I definitely don't agree with whoever it was that said they aren't good musicians. Peter Criss is a drummer who is totally unique & very present, Gene Simmons is a great bassplayer (he's a freaking genius, btw.. he can speak 10 languages.) and Ace Frehley.. um. yeah. My original guitar god before I liked Lindsey. Ace is freaking awesome.

Of course.. I like harder music than FM, so it's weird that I even like FM. Kiss got me started into "rock" rock and influenced a lot of groups that I listen to now.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK this doesn't relate to their music but when I was little and I would have a sleep over at my friends house we were scared to go into her brothers room because of his KISS posters. On another KISS note do you remember their made for TV movie. Where the lost their super powers! Cheesy but cool!

"Everyone born in the month of February thinks they are right!" Quote from a lady at the table next to us at Don Pablo's!!

http://www.myspace.com/catherinetuliano
Old 01-13-2004, 07:38 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Pisces Queen
OK this doesn't relate to their music but when I was little and I would have a sleep over at my friends house we were scared to go into her brothers room because of his KISS posters.
I was the same way. They would come on TV or something and me and my little brother would run screaming (I was about 5 my brother was 3)...scared the bejesus out of me.

Now, I see a man in his early 50's with his cottage cheese butt hanging out of his ass-less pants and platforms who wants to rock and roll all night and party ever-eee-day and that scares the bejesus out of me

I'm no fan of their music, but I gotta give 'em credit...they love what they do...they have fun doing it and they are unabashedly proud of it

Oh and as a previous poster mentioned...believe it or not Gene Simmons IS a very intellegent man.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Kiss is not a band that you can buy albums and listen to them and appreciate the music. To be a Kiss fan, you have to get into the whole package. You have to love the band, collect every stupid piece of merchandise they have, collect every CD they put out just to add it to your collection, read the Kiss comics, go to every concert and paint your face etc. You have to be really into Kiss to like the albums, because they suck. My boss is a huge Kiss so I've heard all their albums at work and they range from average to terrible.

If you want to listen to a riot of an album though they did manage to make one REALLY great one, which is Destroyer. It's mostly because of the outside writers and Bob Ezrins production, but regardless it still got a great album out of them. It is THE campiest, most overdone rock record ever, and it totally rules. There's just piles and piles of boys choirs, sound effects, tubular bells, and orchestra all over the place. It's so pompous. It kicks ass top to bottom and it's full of hits (Detroit Rock City, Shout It Out Loud, Do You Love Me, Beth, King Of The Nighttime World etc) Unless you want to get into the Alive! albums and maybe a good compilation it's the only Kiss album you'll ever need. Definately get that one. If it tells you anything their most recent live album with the orchestra contains 7 of the 9 Destroyer tracks on it. The two they didn't play are great too! I'd reccomend picking a different band to get obsessed with though.

Last edited by EricBliss12345; 01-13-2004 at 08:25 AM..