The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-11-2003, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Well...it's official....new stops on this leg of the tour...

From the MickFleetwood.com newsletter...

*Boise, ID
*Reno, NV
*Salt Lake City, UT
*El Paso, TX
*Lubbock, TX
*Bossier City, LA
*Kansas City, MO
*Memphis, TN
*St. Louis, MO
*Grand Forks, ND
*Cincinnati, OH

Um. No offense to any of you who may live in some of the aforementioned locations but um... IDAHO?!?! NORTH DAKOTA?!?! UTAH?!? WTF MAN?!! LET'S GET BACK TO THE NORTH EAST, FLEETWOOD MAC! Sheesh.... Why do I have a feeling they're not coming back here??
Old 06-11-2003, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Finally, they're coming this way. Salt Lake is a quick flight and so is KC. Hell, I might even have to see Idaho and/ or North Dakota. The big question is WHEN?
Old 06-11-2003, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
Finally, they're coming this way. Salt Lake is a quick flight and so is KC. Hell, I might even have to see Idaho and/ or North Dakota. The big question is WHEN?
I dunno..when I think of Idaho, I think of taters. It just doesn't remind me of the Fleetwood Mac state to play in. Stevie hates carbs. I guess they won't be playing in a potato field. LOL.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
I dunno..when I think of Idaho, I think of taters. It just doesn't remind me of the Fleetwood Mac state to play in. Stevie hates carbs. I guess they won't be playing in a potato field. LOL.
I know. Forgive me, but where is Lubbock again? And the Louisiana show?
Old 06-11-2003, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
I know. Forgive me, but where is Lubbock again? And the Louisiana show?
Lubbock is in Texas so I can kind of understand the TX dates since it is such a HUGE state but I don't know where it is in Texas. Bossier City i've never heard of in my life. I'm just surprised with some of their city choices. I mean, it's great if you live there and you're a fan but it sucks that they aren't visiting some of the places I would think they would. There haven't been any dates in Virginia but there is a date in IDAHO???!? I'm sorry...I just can't get past that...lol. NYC...no. Idaho. Absofreakinlutely. LOL.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:28 PM
Junior Ledgie

Unhappy Um...

Are these for real? Pardon me, but it used to be that a band of Fleetwood Mac's caliber wouldn't be caught dead in some of the tiny backwater towns listed above. (No offense to residents of said backwater towns--I come from one myself.) Do you think the Stones or the Eagles would play Bossier City, LA?

What's next? The local Holiday Inn? Geez...Do they need the money THAT much?
Old 06-11-2003, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default woohoo!

Well I have to say that I am thrilled that they are coming back to Ohio!! Woohoo! Cincinnati here I come! I was sad that there were not more eastern shows too though. But maybe they will add more on after these shows are officially posted.
Remember someone posted that they were playing smaller venues the secong leg..I guess this is in reflection to it.

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 06-11-2003, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now I KNOW they're trying to annoy me.
STILL no Houston, San Antonio, or Austin, but...Lubbock?
I think they're boycotting me because of all the Blackdress songs.

BTW, I've never been there, but if I recall, Lubbock is in the panhandle.
It's like a whole other country up there.
They get snow.

So, FM is hitting Dallas and Lubbock in north Texas, El Paso in west Texas, and nothing in central or east Texas.
I know, I know, it's like the old saying:
I once felt bad because I had to drive a long ways to see the Mac.
Then I met the poster across the sea in Europe who could drive to see no Mac.
I feel for you guys.

Congratulations to those of you who can now see the tour. I wonder how the second leg will compare to the first.

- Jake
Old 06-11-2003, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
Now I KNOW they're trying to annoy me.
STILL no Houston, San Antonio, or Austin, but...Lubbock?

Yea I was hoping they would head to Houston too as I have family there and a free plane ticket just waiting to be used.
Oh well...at least the positive is they are covering Texas it seems..just the other end though.
I am hoping they add more places then what they have. Maybe this is a test run.
Tamara

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 06-12-2003, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: woohoo!

Quote:
Originally posted by tamaraluvsFM
Well I have to say that I am thrilled that they are coming back to Ohio!! Woohoo! Cincinnati here I come! I was sad that there were not more eastern shows too though. But maybe they will add more on after these shows are officially posted.
Remember someone posted that they were playing smaller venues the secong leg..I guess this is in reflection to it.

Tamara
Yea, when they said smaller venues, I had no idea they meant Uncle Billy Bob Jo Lee Nelson's Potato Pickin' Family Farm. I was thinking places like the PNC Arts Center in north jersey or the outdoor venue in Manassas, VA that Stevie has previously played in...smaller places....but like, cardboard boxes?!? I know it supposedly costs like a million dollars to play at MSG but it probably costs like, 10 to play at the potato farm. And how many people live in Idaho anyway?!?! And Jake, I feel for you... stuck in the last freakin' row of the pit in Philly and now they're screwin' with you by going EVERY podunk place in Texas other than where you live. I don't know about you all, but i'm waiting on the Alaskan Oil Field date....
Old 06-12-2003, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: woohoo!

Quote:
Yea, when they said smaller venues, I had no idea they meant Uncle Billy Bob Jo Lee Nelson's Potato Pickin' Family Farm. I don't know about you all, but i'm waiting on the Alaskan Oil Field date..

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bet that will be on the next exclusive tour dates email!!

Tamara

Old 06-12-2003, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm still bitter that I paid a crap-load of money to see them in Phoenix...when they're gonna be just half an hour away from me in El Paso!! Now I don't have the money....so yeah....just venting...I guess I get to see them..and should just be happy with that
Old 06-12-2003, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: woohoo!

Quote:
I don't know about you all, but i'm waiting on the Alaskan Oil Field date....
So I'm back...to the velvet iglooground.

(I'll stop before this lands me in trouble again.)

- Jake
Old 06-12-2003, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: woohoo!

Quote:
Originally posted by tamaraluvsFM
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bet that will be on the next exclusive tour dates email!!

Tamara
Hey there superfans! Johnathan Todd here letting you know in this EXCLUSIVE fanclub e-mail that another show has been added in the Alaskan Oil Fields. As members of this amazing fanclub, when you purchase your tickets, you'll each receive and EXCLUSIVE item---a can of oil signed by the band!! Offer available on a limited basis. Limited being one can. And only one can per group of tickets purchased. Not one can per ticket. Can only signed by Mick Fleetwood.

LMAO!!!!
Old 06-12-2003, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DrummerDeanna
I'm still bitter that I paid a crap-load of money to see them in Phoenix...
Yea that does suck but just think. They always have a fabulous, amazing show that offers just a bit more umph to it from what I hear about Pheonix. You will definitly get to see a great show with some surprises I am sure!! Hope my two cents helps some though I am sure it still stings.

Tamara