User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2017, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Steve is with the Heartbreakers all year. I hope they have a drummer with a full kit and not Wally's half electric number.
Wally is now a full-time member of Chicago, so i doubt he will be their drummer on this tour, unless it somehow neatly fits within his schedule.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-14-2017, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Don't go to a Guided by Voices show!
Tru dat!!!

Because Bob will DRENCH your monitors in beer that he spills EVERYWHERE.

I know one sound guy who was pissed off enough about it, that he flipped the monitors upside down during the show, because he was ruining the speakers.

And the last time I did them, I had a long talk with them in the afternoon. EITHER I cover the monitors in plastic, or flip them over when you start pouring beer into them... OR you be good, and show some respect for me and the equipment, and don't do it! They chose the last option...
Old 03-14-2017, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just for irony, Aynsley Dunbar.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-14-2017, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
I agree ... But

I can only imagine the wrath I'd receive if i said that

and I am comfortable if Buckingham / McVie is the last of any form of this band I ever see in concert
You are welcome to your opinion. At first, I couldn't imagine them not doing a final 5 album. But with Stevie's attitude and her obsession w/ money and validating herself in FAME.. I'm glad she's not around.

I would love if they did a FAB 4 final FMac album. At this point in their careers, it would be awesome!
Old 03-14-2017, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You are welcome to your opinion. At first, I couldn't imagine them not doing a final 5 album. But with Stevie's attitude and her obsession w/ money and validating herself in FAME.. I'm glad she's not around.

I would love if they did a FAB 4 final FMac album. At this point in their careers, it would be awesome!
Aw, come on....just one last time ALL five of them...
Brews better than the four....
Yeah I'm naive and stupid. I still want one last FWM album and that includes YKW.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Yeah I'm naive and stupid. I still want one last FWM album and that includes YKW.
Uh, excuse me, BUT, they've been trying to make that happen, since 2014!!!!

What the hell else are they supposed to do? Hold their breath until she gives in??????

STEVIE DIDN'T WANT TO BE A PART OF THE NEW ALBUM. IT'S ALLLLLLL ON HER.

So if she didn't want to be part of this one, do you really think she'll want to be part of another?
Old 03-14-2017, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Uh, excuse me, BUT, they've been trying to make that happen, since 2014!!!!
Since even before that too. I read a lot of interviews and Lindsey honestly really wanted it to happen. He said several times starting around like 2011/2012 that he wrote a lot of songs and wanted her to come to his house studio to work on them and how he felt really happy when she spent time at his house and had dinner with his kids and all of that. I know it's one of his overused speeches but I really think that whole 'coming full circle' thing truly meant a lot to him. It's what makes it more disappointing.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Since even before that too. I read a lot of interviews and Lindsey honestly really wanted it to happen. He said several times starting around like 2011/2012 that he wrote a lot of songs and wanted her to come to his house studio to work on them and how he felt really happy when she spent time at his house and had dinner with his kids and all of that. I know it's one of his overused speeches but I really think that whole 'coming full circle' thing truly meant a lot to him. It's what makes it more disappointing.
I completely agree that it's sad. But the fact IS: Stevie doesn't want to record with them anymore, so this Buck Mac CD is probably going to be the swan song.

Again, if she didn't change her mind for this one, why would she in the future?
Old 03-14-2017, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I completely agree that it's sad. But the fact IS: Stevie doesn't want to record with them anymore, so this Buck Mac CD is probably going to be the swan song.

The only thing I could think of is that it sells a lot more than either of her most recent solo outings.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-14-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Nope you're not naive or stupid. I felt the same way... I wanted that Rumours final album for all of 2014.

But, after reading Stevie's comments it's clear she only wants to do the big cash tour. I have no problem with her doing her own thing, but why stay in the band if you don't want to create with them. She made it clear she doesn't want to do an album. It's sad but I accept it.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The only thing I could think of is that it sells a lot more than either of her most recent solo outings.
That's sad, but I agree. Art is always supposed to have risk. That's why it's art. And that's why she shouldn't be part of the band anymore. You write from the heart and put it out there. If it sells, great! If it doesn't, you still win because you created something authentic to your muse.

The only way you lose is if you keep trying to sell records by making music that you think will sell, and then it fails. You lose money and your integrity.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Lindsey, Stevie, and Christine have ALL changed their minds about recording; it is part of the history of this band! Lindsey quit and sat out of Time and Behind the Mask, Stevie quit and sat out of Time, Christine quit and sat out of Say You Will. So of course Stevie could change her mind! How she feels now could change. I get that fans are upset because they are all getting older and are mad at Stevie she is the hold out now, but this has been done many many times in the past.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Lindsey, Stevie, and Christine have ALL changed their minds about recording; it is part of the history of this band! Lindsey quit and sat out of Time and Behind the Mask, Stevie quit and sat out of Time, Christine quit and sat out of Say You Will. So of course Stevie could change her mind! How she feels now could change. I get that fans are upset because they are all getting older and are mad at Stevie she is the hold out now, but this has been done many many times in the past.
I was frustrated. But I'm not upset anymore. I'm glad she is sitting out. It's refreshing in a way. A duet album with amazing chemistry between two musicians that wanted to create. That makes me so happy that I've forgotten about anything else.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I was frustrated. But I'm not upset anymore. I'm glad she is sitting out. It's refreshing in a way. A duet album with amazing chemistry between two musicians that wanted to create. That makes me so happy that I've forgotten about anything else.
YES. It is why no one forced Christine to stay. If she had and was misrerable, who knows what would have happened. She walked away and was not ready to come back until 2014. Stevie wants to tour but not record. So we all get Buckingham McVie, something new and wonderful. Then we may get a new tour with all 5. It is all good. They know what they are doing and what they need to do to be happy.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Were people this upset when Christine quit in 1998 and did not come back until 2014, including refusing to be part of Say You Will?
No, because she had been slowly retiring since 1990. A couple of her songs on "Time" made it clear she was done. I always looked at "The Dance" as a gift.

I will say it rubbed me the wrong way that she was in the band, but refused to tour in 1994-95 and then got five songs on the album (as many as Billy, Dave, and Mick combined). The bottom line is that it was an awkward arrangement that didn't work.

Which, for the opposite reason is why I hate what Stevie is doing. You're either in a band or you're not.

Quote:
The frustrations about industry piracy and the expense of recording are part of her pros vs. cons of making a new record.
I call BS on that. Piracy has gone on since libraries carried music.

Quote:
Lindsey got to have his break recording on new FM albums,
False equivalency. Lindsey left Fleetwood Mac in 1987 and the band played on as Fleetwood Mac with new people.

Quote:
Christine had her break
False equivalency. Christine left Fleetwood Mac in 1998 and the band played on as Fleetwood Mac without her.

Quote:
now Stevie wants one.
She already had one when she left Fleetwood Mac in 1991 and the band played on as Fleetwood Mac with new people.

Looking at what Stevie said when Lindsey left and especially what she said about turning down Christine's offer to contribute songs to SYW, Stevie comes off as a big hypocrite.

THE Stephen Hopkins